Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 214798 times)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Re: Pre-Campaign Discussion
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2012, 02:32:23 PM »
If Rabbit were a true pirate, then the captain provoking all those AOO's is a risk that Rabbit would be willing to take.

As it is, he's not, so the question becomes Abandon a Teammate in Obvious Danger or Stand and Fight...
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 07, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
If Rabbit were a true pirate, then the captain provoking all those AOO's is a risk that Rabbit would be willing to take.

As it is, he's not, so the question becomes Abandon a Teammate in Obvious Danger or Stand and Fight...

Depends on this:

Sorry for missing this earlier
C) Since these Goron Bombs are fragile enough to go off in my "mouth" (really want to get the Kirby game bombs), does that mean that the impact from hitting the ground / ice from being dropped will set them off? I'd assume that it would auto-scatter, as I couldn't even have a chance of making the roll to hit (heck, If typical sight range is set by taking 10 on Spot, then I can only barely see them at this point, of course, this means I doubt they can see me anymore either.)
For the bombs to explode first you have to light the fuse (part of the action of throwing them). If you put a lighted bomb inside your mouth and then activate air gun, it explodes. If you drop an unlighted bomb, it doesn't explode (unless you throw into something like a fire).

You can light a bomb and throw it to a specific ground section (again, AC 5) as a standard action, and if you miss, they'll scatter as a regular splash weapon and end up hiting something. I'll let you also  light a bomb and drop it directly below you as a move action.

Can I: move to M27, which is the furthest I can move in one action, then toss a bomb into the air over O21, to let it drop down onto the BBEG?
This would obviously trigger the scatter one way or another, but it would drop big'n'nasty into the drink making him have to take a move to climb back out, but no AoO's for the time being. If I can do this.

Also, just how bloody and beaten is Zax? Cause methinks he's likely in dire straits too.
I can do my best to cover a tactical rallying (run like hell). But I can only drop so many into the drink per round.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:02:21 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
If it wasn't already obvious by now, I'll just say this: if the pirate commander falls, victory is ours. Even on his own he could take the whole place down. Incapacitate/get him quickly.
Just wondering how injured he currently is and just how much more he can take.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »
If it wasn't already obvious by now, I'll just say this: if the pirate commander falls, victory is ours. Even on his own he could take the whole place down. Incapacitate/get him quickly.
Just wondering how injured he currently is and just how much more he can take.

But in true Pirate fashion he cheated and paid off the dice so they'd roll terrible for us when attacking the commander. Otherwise, he'd be a glowing pile of slag by now.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
Can I: move to M27, which is the furthest I can move in one action, then toss a bomb into the air over O21, to let it drop down onto the BBEG?
This would obviously trigger the scatter one way or another, but it would drop big'n'nasty into the drink making him have to take a move to climb back out, but no AoO's for the time being. If I can do this.
Hmm, how about this: I'll let you use the Aerial Bombardment rules from Heroes of Battle. In short, the bomb range increment becomes 50 feet and you still only have to hit AC 5. You're 150 so-so feet away from your target, that's a -6 penalty on the attack roll. You can also do a diving bombardment by moving at least 10 feet down and taking a -2 penalty to AC in return for +2 on the attack roll.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
Him moving closer'ish may also affect the range and the penalties.
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 08, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
Hmm, how about this: I'll let you use the Aerial Bombardment rules from Heroes of Battle. In short, the bomb range increment becomes 50 feet and you still only have to hit AC 5. You're 150 so-so feet away from your target, that's a -6 penalty on the attack roll. You can also do a diving bombardment by moving at least 10 feet down and taking a -2 penalty to AC in return for +2 on the attack roll.

Doh! I'd forgotten those rules.
Acting.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »
If Zax doesn't act until tommorrow, round advances.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2012, 07:03:33 AM »
I'll be reserving the remainder of my action. If the Pirate commander seems about to swing on the Captain, or move to swing at me, I'll drop an interposing tree.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »
Yes to the counter.

If Zax takes a diagonal step back, would he be able to fire at the orange dude without the guy getting cover?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »
Yes, since he's large, you can target his upper body part whitout the other pirates geting in the way.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »
Big dude will maybe be easier to attack at range before the ice cracks under him again to send him for another dip into the water.
Then again, maybe it might make it easier.
C'mon guys! This round might be the one that seals victory for us.

On another note, I finally finished the Divine Flame discipline of Utsuho Reiuji. Just got the little touch ups to finalize like the short script of what each maneuvers do and the little fluff part at the beginning of each maneuver. I tried to make a special system akin to Doll Judgement and I think I made up something pretty neat.
Do I send it to you as a private post for review or something like it?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2012, 06:51:13 PM »
Go ahead and post it directly on the subforum, that way other people can start offering sugestions right away. Altough I probably won't be able to properly review it until tomorrow. And I really want to finish a new tobhou school myself, but keep jumping my atention between some 3 drafts (not to mention 5 online campaigns, my monster classes and RL)

Also yes, anything's delaying the other players?

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #373 on: June 18, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »
I'm delayed trying to devise a strategy that the great Dice gods will smile favorably upon.
Link to my homebrews

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 18, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »
If anybody still got goron bombs, it might be a good idea to ready an action to drop one on the big pirate next time he tries to pull himself up unto the ice to send him down again. Hopefully he'll lose enough move to be unable to attack.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #375 on: June 18, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »
Good strategy, though the way I'm rolling I'm worried I'll miss AC 5 :) .... at +3 ranged!
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 19, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
Good strategy, though the way I'm rolling I'm worried I'll miss AC 5 :) .... at +3 ranged!

This is the first time I have hit the AC 5. Because of +3 ranged.  :D

Doesn't matter as much with the width of the blast radius on these bombs though, just aim it at a point wherein even if it scatters, you still drop him.  :smirk
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
I'm just waiting for the time I accidentally give a party member a shoulder slap and a job well done, roll a crit, and splatter him across half the game grid.

Maybe that's the trick! I could get recruited by the villains then PK THEM and be totally alright with it. :)
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
I'm just waiting for the time I accidentally give a party member a shoulder slap and a job well done, roll a crit, and splatter him across half the game grid.

Maybe that's the trick! I could get recruited by the villains then PK THEM and be totally alright with it. :)

Every character I ever play is always a bit of a touch-o'-phobe. Because you never know who's holding the charge on what touch spell unless you saw them cast it.

That guy that's about to give you a high-five? Yeah, just before you saw him walk around the corner, he cast Death by Thorns.

That casting of Death by Thorns you cast in the last fight, but the battle ended before you closed the distance? Yeah, you're still holding the charge when you go to chest-bump the Druid who ended the fight.

Touch-o'-phobe.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
So true. So true. I've seen many a player cut down by a touch spell. I've also seen their saving throws go bye-bye when they think the spell is beneficial and accept the spell.

"Here are some buffs for the road. Bear's Endurance! Bull Strength! Slay Living!"

Player's face: Thanks for the.. wait, what?

DEAD.
Link to my homebrews