Author Topic: Part #1: Marleath and the Tunnels  (Read 42292 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: Part #1: Marleath and the Tunnels
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »
"That is quite the fair bit of perfect convenience!"

"But it does sound like a fairly decent deal, no?" Arcus asks his lady in Common.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »
"This is a good deal," the ghost said, "I accept."

To Arcus, no response, in case the lizard understood their tongue as well.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »
"Excellent! I shall have the maps copied out and delivered to you right away." He turned away, preparing to depart, before glancing back over his shoulder. "I am also given to understand the vivisection of your friend is proceeding quite admirably. I must admire the ruthlessness of forfeiting a colleague simply as a gift. It is quite impressive. Shows the spirit with which you will approach the Pybyr. Should you need any of the discussion or agreement here in formal terms, and I am sure that you will, written and magically protected copies shall be provided shortly after the maps. It has been a most enjoyable negotiation."

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »
"How long is the examination going to last? Just in case I need to kill some time..."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2014, 02:33:02 PM »
"Hardly for me to say, is it not? I'm not the one conducting it. Good day!" He swept out of the room, leaving them alone with their thoughts and one another, for the time being,

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
A few minutes after the saurian leaves, Tarkus moves around to make sure they are safe from watchers. When he confirms it, he speaks.

"This guy... I guess he is the one with plans for war and is thinking that he can use us for his own benefit. Am I the only one that thinks this way?"

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
Duh, that much is obvious even to me.

I say we first try a diplomatic approach with those other living thingies as well, try to play them against each other, then collect the bodies for our master. Or if they aren't willing to talk, we just smash them as per our current agreement.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2014, 11:50:18 AM »
"Plotting and scheming? Hopefully those in the desert are more useful, rather than these... lizards. Uncommunicative and so limited..."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2014, 01:20:53 PM »
After some considerable time, a saurian lizard returned, carrying a bundle of parchments and other devices. One, most interestingly, was a crystal device that when peered through showed the map in the image thus revealed. A quick check showed that all of the various items were substantially the same, being maps or detail maps of the various aspects of this "Pyribyr Vestana", although hidden amongst these works was also a long scroll, titled The History of the Arhosan Empire, as told by the Palace Guard Tatchxeta. It was presumably the saurian lord's way of acknowledging their request for detailed information about the history of the world since those of Marleath had last broached the surface. Although given that a cursory inspection showed that it opened with a lurid tale of bedroom conquest, it was perhaps not the most applicable of documents.

Having delivered his documentation, the servant guided them from the room they had been inhabiting and outwards, beyond the gate of the compound, there to hand them a token and say that their friend would be returned at the appropriate moment. Otherwise, they were free to do as they willed.