Author Topic: [nWoD/FATE Changeling] Fragrant Harbour Recruitment  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Donraj

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
[nWoD/FATE Changeling] Fragrant Harbour Recruitment
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:51:49 PM »
So I’m planning to run a game of nWoD Changeling in the near future. And since most of my usual players are either unavailable or uninterested that leaves me short a player or two. This interests you because I’ve decided to try recruiting here. I realize that I am very new to these parts of the woods but Veekie and Agita can testify that I don’t bite and that I’m not a terrible DM.

The premise of the game is thus. You are an once ordinary person who was kidnapped by a seemingly all-powerful Fae and dragged off to mystical Arcadia, where you were physically and psychologically tortured for an extended period of time. The trauma turned you into what is known as a changeling. Fortunately you escaped, but the scars remain, and the True Fae are not keen on letting their prizes escape.

The setting for this game will be modern day Hong Kong. Though you don’t know it yet you are some of the first changelings to escape through the Hedge in a long time, at least in this part of the world. I don’t want to give anything away, but there will be action, politicking and general craziness.

If you aren’t familiar with WoD or Changeling don’t worry; it’s a very easy system to learn and I can walk you through character creation. The game will be held on a friend of mine’s RP forum.

The format of the game will be IRC. The time will be weekend mornings, specifically whichever weekend morning my friend’s D&D game ends up not being on. Expect sessions to last somewhere around four hours. Aiming to start this thing somewhere in the next two or three weeks. And most of all, be ready to Have Fun.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:02:15 PM by Donraj »

Offline AyeGill

• Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
Re: [nWoD Changeling] Fragrant Harbour Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
Totally interested, I have mild experience with WoD, although none with Changeling. When you say weekend mornings, what time zone is that?

Offline Donraj

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
Probably somewhere around 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM Louisiana time, though we can go later or earlier if need be.

Also it turns out that weekend means Saturday, if that helps.

Offline AyeGill

• Can eternal lie, may not be dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Louisiana time... that would be central time? Anyways, that is certainly doable for me. Count me interested.

Offline Donraj

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
Yes, Central time.

Also PM sent.

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »
At first, I was like  :love

Then I read 'IRC', and I was like  :??? :banghead :shakefist :(
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline Donraj

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:43:12 AM »
Sorry, but post games have the side-effect of me going literally insane from boredom and/or losing focus because it's not at a set time.

Offline Donraj

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:45 PM »
Okay folks, here's the deal. This game was fun while it lasted, but all too soon I found myself dealing with unexpected health problems and then very busy with my first teaching job. My life has been kind of a rollercoaster since then, but after this semester it's showing signs of slowing down a good bit, so I'm starting to think about restarting it. Two of my three original players are interested in continuing (and Ayegill, if you still come by these parts you're still welcome), but I'd like to see who else might be interested.

Couple points:

Time slot is currently completely up in the air. Only things to bear in mind is that two of us are in the US and one of us in Germany. I'm laying down a GM veto on any arrangement that involves me being awake at an ungodly hour as I have found that in my old age I curl up like a hundred year worm after 10:00 PM.

While the setting is still going to be based on nWoD's Changeling the system will be shifted to the FATE system, specifically the Dresden Files RPG system. It's a balanced if somewhat unusual system which Veekie and Agitha have many good things to say about it. I would ask you to read the Changeling books, pick various powers and types of changeling such as seem appropriate to your character and work with me to translate them into FATE.

Oh, also in this game Equestria from My Little Pony is a realm in Arcadia. One of the already signed up players is playing a changeling version of Twilight Sparkle. It's exactly as awesome as it sounds.

Logs can be found here: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Nocturne_FtAotOW/index.php?showtopic=758

I think that forum is publicly viewable and if it isn't I'll talk to the site owner about it later. Registration requires site owner approval; just talk to me here or on AIM and I'll pass that on.

EDIT: Oh yes. AIM screen name is DonrajSaryas
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:00:06 PM by Donraj »