Author Topic: Class - Hylian Warrior (soulmelds)  (Read 2674 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Class - Hylian Warrior (soulmelds)
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »
The Hylian Warrior

Said to be imbued with the ultimate spirit of heroism. The hylian warrior possess an unbreakable spirit and unyielding courage. They rarely shows signs of cowardice and is always willing to use their strength, cunning and valor. Hylian warriors are impressive weapon masters baring a natural aptitude firmly present in their veins and are quick to adapt to a wide variety of items and skillfully wield them against their enemy's greatest weak point.

Abilities
Like all warriors, hylian warriors benefit from high strength and constitution. Additionally many of their abilities are keyed off of or gain additional benefits for your wisdom score.
Races
The desire for heroism and natural flexibility often finds it's self in the hand of the equally flexible and short lived humans or even half elves. Elves and dwarves often think in the long term, why learn now what you can do thirty years from now, and often not quick thinking enough. Halfings and orcs on the other hand are just the opposite, they tend to be too impulsive to analyze their opponent.
Alignment
Their strong spirit often makes them dedicated to their form of valor. And in their mind an enemy's techniques are a puzzle waiting to be solved. A hylian warrior is usually lawfully aligned.

Hit Die: d8.
Level - Base Attack Bonus - Base Saves - Soul Melds (essentia) - Maneuvers - Special
1+10/0/20 (1)1Battle Insight(attacks)
2+20/0/31 (1)1Bind Chakra (hands & feet)
3+31/1/31 (2)2Weapon Aptitude
4+41/1/42 (2)2Battle Insight(shields)
5+51/1/42 (3)3Bind Charka (armor/weapon/tool)
6+6/+12/2/53 (3)3Battle Insight(damage)
7+7/+22/2/53 (4)4Awaken Sage I
8+8/+32/2/64 (4)4--
9+9/+43/3/64 (5)5Battle Insight(?)
10+10/+53/3/75 (5)5--
11+11/+6/+13/3/75 (6)6Awaken Sage II
12+12/+7/+24/4/86 (6)6--
13+13/+8/+34/4/86 (7)7--
14+14/+9/+44/4/97 (7)7--
15+15/+10/+55/5/97 (8)8Awaken Sage III
16+16/+11/+6/+15/5/108 (8)8--
17+17/+12/+7/+25/5/108 (9)9--
18+18/+13/+8/+36/6/119 (9)9--
19+19/+14/+9/+46/6/119 (10)10Awaken Sage IV
20+20/+15/+10/+56/6/1210 (10)10Hurricane Spin
Skill Points
4 + Int modifier (x4 for first level)
Skill List
Balance, Climb, Listen, Jump, Knowledge(any), Martial Lore, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device.

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Hylian warriors are proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor armor, all shields except tower shields. Some melds augment exotic weapons, a hylian warrior is considered proficient in any weapon he has augmented with his meldshaping (see below).

Meld Shaping
(click to show/hide)

Maneuvers
(click to show/hide)

Battle Insight (ex)
(click to show/hide)

Weapon Aptitude (Ex): As warblade.

Awaken Sage (Su): As hero's in the long past have, the Hylian Warrior can channel the magical talents of another spirit called a Sage. The sage adds their power to yours allowing you to access a single sage maneuver for each sage you obtain. Unlike your other maneuvers, a sage maneuver operates a little differently. They can be used once per encounter, or every five minutes, for every six hylian warrior levels you possess and they automatically reready them selves if their usage is within that limit.

Maneuvers
(click to show/hide)

Rule Reminders
(click to show/hide)

Still working on, finally going to get to play test it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:18:46 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Honorary Mod
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda - Hylian Warrior (soulmelds)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »

Soul Melds
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:13:42 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda - Hylian Warrior (soulmelds)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:17:58 AM »
Garryl has been doing Metroid as Incarnum for, like, everything.

I kinda like the fact that it only has 6 levels. I always have a little difficulty deciding when to multiclass, so...

I also like the [Weapon] and [Armor] soulmeld idea; I made something vaguely similar this morning (buncha feats that let you hand soulmelds to other people), so that's nice. I'm assuming the essentia investment for the weapons and armor also gives the benefits of lower investments? So 2 Essentia in the Master Sword soulmeld is +3, Keen, and Good/Evil Bane, correct?

You kinda need to specify that they learn maneuvers from their class list. I know that it should be common sense, but you might as well make sure.

You have a few typos and some wonky wording (nothing that negatively affects balance, mind you, just stuff that makes it messy to read); if you'd like, I can go through and point them out. After all, quite a few people don't give a shit about typos, and I can't remember if you're one of them.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."