Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46445 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
"Yeah, what is going on here?"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »
The man utterly calm as he adjusts the position of his glasses and replies to you:

I would've liked to start by introducing myself, but, things being the way they are, I can't reveal my real name. Some people  like to call me "White." You can go ahead and call me that, too, if you want.  Before we get down to the nitty-gritty here, I want you to learn how this place was set up.

The Android Administration may have told you this was a facility to repopulate the natural fauna and flora of this place, but my organization found out the truth-It is actually a research center for bioweapons and mass slave production. Progress on electronic weaponry and bots has slowed down on the latest decades, and thus the Android Administration decided to explore organic alternatives. When we found out, we first planned to shut it down, but then decided it would be best to reprogram it for own purposes. However, something went wrong with the new formulas we implemented. The biomonsters broke out of control and started to multiply too fast. My own colleagues seem to have paid for their errors by becoming meals to the creatures born from this place

I trust you understand our basic mission despite our mistakes. We have raised the flag of resistance against this current government, and with the help of our comrades, we conduct research day and night to build a world where the dignity of all life can be protected. I would like you to join us in our mission...

As far as you can tell, "White" is speaking the truth. Or at least what he believes to be the truth.

You also know that delivering "White" to the Android Administration would result in a great reward and excellent career advance prospects. Even better if you bring him in alive.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:14:35 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Alexia pushed her way through to the front, still playing, though she seemed to be going over just the same few chords, now. He... wanted to use these monsters to stage a rebellion? The numan could not countenance such a thing--and, as this seemed to be a scenario where talking was the best way to a solution, she felt right at home.

"Though I understand your grievances, fighting fire with fire will just escalate into another fruitless war," Alexia said, trying to look as open as possible. Given that she was by nature honest to a fault, this wasn't an issue, "If this facility is indeed meant to manufacture biological weapons, would it not be more beneficial to shut it down entirely and delete all relevant data?"

"If you shut everything down and come with us, I promise to do everything in my power to allow no harm to come to you."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »
"Perhaps more to the point, if not us, someone else will come for you. And while we're reasonably skilled we're hardly the biggest amount of firepower the Administration's got.

I don't agree with your methods, but I can't let such serious accusations slide, either. You've made mistakes for which you need to make amends, but the truth must surface regardless.

If you shut down the facility and bring forward relevant proof of your accusations, then you will have done your companions' deaths justice."

Antares turns to the reporter.

"See that lady? I'm sure she'd love nothing more than to tell your story."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »
"Though I understand your grievances, fighting fire with fire will just escalate into another fruitless war," Alexia said, trying to look as open as possible. Given that she was by nature honest to a fault, this wasn't an issue, "If this facility is indeed meant to manufacture biological weapons, would it not be more beneficial to shut it down entirely and delete all relevant data?"

War... Revolution may be our only choice. We all know how the Android Administration works. No organics allowed on the upper echelons. No elections. They simply replace the older administrative system units with new, faster, more efficient, more ruthless ones straight out of their factories.

However, you have a point that my current situation is unsustainable. You managed to reach me. Even if I deal with you, which I don't want to do as you seem like reasonble people, the Android Administration will simply send more dangerous people here. Perhaps it would be better to indeed return to our original plan and just render this facility inoperational... Hopefully this will set them back a bit.

"If you shut everything down and come with us, I promise to do everything in my power to allow no harm to come to you."

...I trust you're being honest, but your power is still too limited. If you deliver me to the guard bots, I doubt any other living being will see me again.

Antares turns to the reporter.

"See that lady? I'm sure she'd love nothing more than to tell your story."
As Antares turns to Tappy, she can see she has a look of pure ectasy on her face. And seems to be drooling.

Ah, yes, Parum News will make sure to tell the truth about this place to the peope!

White gives out a chuckle, then reaches for a pocket on his coat, retrieves something small and throws it at Tappy. She skillfully catches it, and then you see it is a data storage disk.

A backup copy of all the records of this facility. Everything about this place is in there, as well as some extras. Use it well.
-says White.

Then he turns back to the cotrol panel and starts pressing some buttons.

I'll be shutting  off this facility down, but I'll need to remain here some more time to properly do it. Making sure it cannot be used again for its original purpose, and that the Administration cannot just destroy this place to erase the evidence. Now go. If you really wish to protect the dignity of all life in this planet, then there's nothing else for you to do here. Unless you would reconsider my offer to join us.

We are in a struggle against the government, but did you know that many of our members  used to work for the Administration itself...? There's more of them than you'd think. I, myself, am not worried about becoming their enemy, though. What we're trying to accomplish... It's worth it.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »
"We  should probably stick around a little longer, mend our wounds and make sure the facility stays out for good. It would be a real pain in the ass if some biomonster snuck in and made you its snack in the middle of this debacle."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2013, 08:56:18 AM »
"If this IS some sort of slavemaking operation I can see no moral option other than looting everything that is not nailed down and finding a crowbar for the rest."

Shatterscale said, looking back up the hall.

"Besides, who else is going to use it? The purple squishy things?"
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
"That's the step between triple question marks and profit, Shatterscale."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
"We  should probably stick around a little longer, mend our wounds and make sure the facility stays out for good. It would be a real pain in the ass if some biomonster snuck in and made you its snack in the middle of this debacle."

Oh, you don't need to worry about me. Why do you think I'm the last survivor of my group? I've improvised a special connection of pheromones tha makes the biomonsters seem me a something not edible nor dangerous, as long as I don't attack them myself. I would offer you some, but unfortenely this connection is very specialized and each dose has to be calibrated for a specific individual biology. I know my own genetic traits pretty well, but not yours, thus I cannot make any more for you.

You're free to stay here while I finish my work, but the biomonsters are bound to start converging in this place if you wait too long, and you would have nowhere to fall back.

I would follow your small friend's advice, and go explore the rest of this facility for anything else you may find useful. Better that you take them than the next clean up crew the Android Administration sends here.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »
"Are you familiar with how a bottleneck strategy works?" Antares grins.

"Whatever you do, you have a lot to answer for. We need to, at the very least, make sure you won't skedaddle the second we turn our backs. I don't think you're lying, but I've been wrong before.

Anyone got a tracking device or something?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:16 PM »
Alexia shook her head, turning away from her failure at convincing the man to come with them peacefully and back to Antares' suggestion. A bottleneck strategy? Maybe it could be effective--in a different situation. In this one? At best two of them could really hold off the enemy, they were underequipped, and their mission was effectively complete. No, better to loot the place clean and go.

She peered over at the screen, trying to see if she could identify--likely or not--whether White was doing as he said, before turning her attention back to the matter at hand. "We are under-equipped, vulnerable, and have no reason to stay here. We likely passed several sets of stored equipment on the way here, and gathering them will vastly improve our ability to survive the monsters than a narrow corridor."

And, of White: "If possible, could you provide a copy of a map?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 26, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
As far as Alexia can tell from the control screen, White is sendings orders to slowly overload several of the factory's systems, cuting down nutrient supplies, and cutting down power sources.

And, of White: "If possible, could you provide a copy of a map?"

Certainly-replies White, handing the captain an holo disk. However, it's an identic copy of the map handed to her by lieutenant Hopkins.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 26, 2013, 04:45:32 PM »
Satisfied that White appeared trustworthy, Alexia took the map--seeing as apparently nobody had brought the original they'd been handed off of the ship, and started examining it. Anyone paying attention would have noted the guitar she held just a minute before was now nowhere to be seen, disappeared without a trace. Handy, that.

"I can see five cabinets we could get just by heading straight to the entrance, and another six on top of that if everyone wants to investigate the other half of the factory."

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 27, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »
Leaving White working on the control panel, you backtrack your steps back to the factory's entrance, taking the time to pick up the emergency containers you had skipped past before.

(click to show/hide)

However, as you walk across the facility's corridors, you can't stop feeling there's still some kind of danger lurking around...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:25:38 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
Antares spots it just in time-a large crab-like purple biomonster trying to sneak behind you just around  the corridor!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2014, 07:28:26 PM »
The biomonster quickly aproaches you across the corridor, suprisingly fast for its great bulk.  Before you can react, it swings one of its claws and gets an hold of Antares, starting to crush the android!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 12, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
BANG!

Shatterscale fires at the beast, hoping that he does not hit a teammate.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
Antares grunts under the weight and pressure.

Images of past battles he doesn't remember briefly flash through his mind.

"Are you content with this much, little bug? Think you have the best of me?"

[Structural damage detected. Immediate repair advised. Optimal fighting threshold under 30%.

Murder Drive Initiated.
]

With a distorted cry that sounded more human than machine, Antares' backplate slid open as it materialized a huge gatling gun firing point-blank at the monster.

"DON'T YOU FUCK WITH ME!!"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
Patty shoots her handgun while Edin slices at the biomonster with his photon saber, hurting it a bit, but it still doesn't release its vicegrip on Antares.

Shatterscale fires at the biomonster, managing to hit it just under its back carapace segment. Purple blood sprays out of the wound, and it recoils from the pain!

This gives the opening needed for Antares to bring out his gatling gun. He quickly aims it under the struggle of being crushed, but with a last effort manages to align the weapon with the biomonster's softer abdomen and unleash an hail of bullets! The creature explodes from the inside from the attack, in a shower of purple gore and meseta crystals! High quality ones at that. Seems like this specimen had previously fed on some important people.

With this obstacle gone, you manage to reach the exit of the facility, your mechas and Alexia's ship waiting outside. Your mission is almost over, just one last obstacle remains-writing down a report for the Andministration. Part of your contract after all. Still, you feel like you've already gained something from this whole experience.

Wow, what a trip!-exclaims Patty, taking a deep breath as she pauses to bask in the bright sun outside-Can't wait to publish this story. Mind if I use your real names? Or would you prefer to be referenced as anonymous sources? Fine by me either way. Real names from real people are always cool, but some mystery and intrigue is also nice.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:06:01 PM by oslecamo »