Author Topic: 1e pathfinder corruptions  (Read 1542 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
1e pathfinder corruptions
« on: May 20, 2020, 04:37:19 PM »
any mechanical way to get a corruption from Horror Adventures?
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Re: 1e pathfinder corruptions
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 11:37:17 PM »
Was going to suggest the Oracle curses from Horror Realms, but checking the wording is that those only mean a character "might, at the GM’s discretion, become more susceptible to gaining the corruption of the same name."

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 02:23:19 AM »
thx to you, found what i was thinking of...

check out the Outer Rift Exploits
All of the following exploits can be learned by arcanists of any alignment, but these exploits come with a risk. If you use an Outer Rift exploit and in doing so reduce your arcane reservoir to 0, you immediately gain the stain of one manifestation from the accursed, demonic, hellbound, or possessed corruption. The GM chooses which corruption, manifestation, and stain you receive; this stain persists for 24 hours. Reducing your arcane reservoir to 0 in this way multiple times within a 24-hour period results in a new stain for each such instance, and each time you do so you reset the timer for all stains gained in this manner to 24 hours. At the GM’s option, multiple instances of abusing exploits in this manner could result in a permanent corruption, but otherwise these corruptions are temporary and do not progress. You can never gain a gift from a corruption in this way.

Unless otherwise noted, the saving throw DC for an arcanist’s exploit equals 10 + 1/2 the arcanist’s class level + the arcanist’s Charisma modifier.
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Rolling a boulder up a hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 07:29:31 AM »
There are two ways, both of which require a corrupted target to gain their corruption: One is to cast Alleviate Corruption and intentionally fail the caster level check. Doing so will cause you to contract the corruption and gain a manifestation. Another is to cast Borrow Corruption, which will let you temporarily gain the stains and gifts of another person's corruption.

Other than that, all you can do is try to fulfill their catalyst or description's conditions. If you want to mechanically induce conditions for their catalyst, the following options should be available.

Accursed: Use Bestow Curse, or Greater variant. Bonus points for doing it as Changeling and/or Witch.
Diseased: Greater Contagion
Hellbound: Planar Ally/Binding and sign a contract with a Contract Devil
Psychometabolic: Contact Other Plane

Otherwise I reckon Limited Wish and Greater Bestow Curse could be used to obtain/inflict corruptions. There's no hard RAW to back that up, but they both let you invent your own wishes and curses.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:28:09 AM by Power »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 02:20:30 PM »
thx!

here's some of the others

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:32:38 PM by zook1shoe »