Author Topic: High-End OOC thread  (Read 180846 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:06 AM »
So, I rearranged the Yatagarasu's stuff a bit, and it's now got less health and DR, yet acquired more armour. It also regenerates. What the hell have I made? :lmao

Can you wield inbuilt weapons two-handed? :huh

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:37 AM »
No.

Can you list your actual total AC/touch/flat-footed?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
I have, though. O_o

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »
Sorry, missed the combat stat spoiler.
How did you get a size penalty to AC of -7 :psyduck

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »
I got so used to reading monster advancement rules that I added together the size penalties for each step. Will fix that.  :blush

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2013, 03:18:17 PM »
Cool history Oslecamo, thanks.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2013, 10:52:38 PM »
...Nethereworld Gardener feat, the youkai-forged blades become in-built weapons of your Nano armor
Question: Does this mean that two of the mecha's pre-existing in-built weapons are considered to be youkai-forged blades or are they new in-built weapons? If they are new ones, how do we determine what they are since the youkai-forged blades can be any weapon with which you are proficient. Moon Vanguard is proficient with any weapon gained from the class, so it could technically be anything.

How much would I have to pay for a communication app to speak with everyone and everything that can send/receive data via radio/satellite/other frequency, the equivalent of a personal computer to which I can connect with the Protectora XVI and the android organization database and maybe some form of internet when signal disturbances aren't being a problem. I'd also be interested in acquiring a connection device to connect to computers that could be found to operate them without an available/operational interactive panel.
Maybe also some kind of recharge plug to connect to my android/nanoarmor that could transfer energy to a mecha, if that's even possible.
Robot stuff.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:32:20 AM by Anomander »

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2013, 03:36:22 AM »
Damnit, somehow I missed your post, Raineh Daze.  :???

You are very closed to be slapped with white gloves and challenged henceforth for a duel  :P.

"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2013, 03:36:59 AM »
...Nethereworld Gardener feat, the youkai-forged blades become in-built weapons of your Nano armor
Question: Does this mean that two of the mecha's pre-existing in-built weapons are considered to be youkai-forged blades or are they new in-built weapons? If they are new ones, how do we determine what they are since the youkai-forged blades can be any weapon with which you are proficient. Moon Vanguard is proficient with any weapon gained from the class, so it could technically be anything.

Well since the Youkai-Forged Blades count as a single weapon in regards to weapon specific feats (Like Weapon Focus), I figured they would also count as a single weapon when replacing an inbuilt weapon.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »
That is assuming that they are replacing one instead of adding two new ones, and assuming that counting as one weapon for feats also insinuates that they count as one weapon for class/racial abilities.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2013, 06:01:08 AM »
Rearranged Amaterasu's spirits (I am not terribly sure why I gave her Assault or Focus in the first place).

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
Osle, do you have any monster classes that add Int or Wis?
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »
If you go in the index post on the monster classes subforum there's a set of tables that FireInTheSky made which have nearly all the classes with info including total stat mods (and total levels so you know how quickly they come.)

For Int/Wis, there's a few decent ones but most of them don't look human, so they wouldn't be ideal for Hugo (if that's what you want them for.)

Mindflayer is 8 levels with int boosts at every level. Force Golem is 4 levels with the same.

If you do want human looking, Doppelganger is 3 levels with a boost at each level that can boost anything (switch as a swift action.)

For wis, Derro gets +4 over 3 levels. Anthropomorphic Animal can pick an option at lv 5 or 6 that gets it +4.

If you're willing to spend a feat, there's a monster feat that can switch stat boosts from one mental stat to a different one and you could combine that with Sucubus, which gets large cha boosts and is human looking.

EDIT: A few from the template classes which aren't covered by the tables yet,

The Chaos classes give die based bonuses to any stats you want (1d3 for 2 levels, 1d4+1 for 2 more and 1d6+1 for 2 more) and are appropriately sci fi themed (being warhammer 40K inspired)

Paragon can only be taken at lv6 and later but gives +2 to two stats at 2nd and 4th and +2 to three stats at 7th and 9th.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:42:15 AM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
I'm not looking to put levels into monster classes (unless they advance wizard casting and synergize well with illusionists). I'm mostly going for Monster Hybrid, the feat.  :p
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
SorO, your post is... confusing. Um... what's the touch attack? And grappling Amaterasu? Have you got the pseudodragon 70 feet into the air confused with the huge girl he's talking to? :huh

Though the mecha isn't ordered to step on anyone that moves. Just anything that tries to move or attack it. Sentience = you don't need to get other people to transport it. :lmao

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
SorO, your post is... confusing. Um... Have you got the pseudodragon 70 feet into the air confused with the huge girl he's talking to? :huh

Though the mecha isn't ordered to step on anyone that moves. Just anything that tries to move or attack it. Sentience = you don't need to get other people to transport it. :lmao
Huh seventy in the air? Oooh I thought you were seven feet tall. lol, oops. Nothing to see here, move along.
(also fixed the post, they were bad rolls [1,2] anyway)

Also you told it to step on anyone that moved. Freeze frame! :p
Loved the typo on friends too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:28:11 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »
Pfft.

No, I didn't tell it to step on anyone that moved, but I did fix the typo. XD

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2013, 12:58:57 PM »
"Flatten anything that tries to physically move or attack you"

"Flatten anything that tries to physically move, or attack you"

Let's hope Yatagarasu can hear and understand the lack of a comma.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
Given where its stats, feats, and skills come from, I should hope it won't misinterpret her speech patterns. D:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:16:21 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »
@SorO: If some of your expendable minions followers have Mecha Mook levels, you might want to bring a few along as a vanguard to test every new areas. Also, I pilot of their junk mecha.
If for some reason I almost defeat one I could switch place with him to let him get the killing blow and be promoted. >_>