Author Topic: Introductions - How to Serve Man  (Read 18184 times)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Interlude for Dixon - How to Serve Man
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 09:18:13 PM »
Startled by the voice, I whip around, with sword in hand, to face the owner. "Who are you and how did you get here?!", I exclaimed.

“Eek!”  The girl lets out a cry and jumps back a step, raising her empty hands.

She takes a deep breath, and then the words spill from her like water from a tipped bucket.

“Gee i’m really sorry i startled you sir you see i was looking for my brother and well i guess that was a two years ago or maybe three i’m not quite sure anymore do you remember? when i was travelling, i  came across a satire? satorie? the goat-men, what are they called? who said he’d help me but he tricked me and i ended up in this forest of eternal twilight, but there were crystals everywhere and raw magic was floating in the air it was like a fable my mother once told me, or maybe it was part of her magic lessons have you ever been somewhere like that? i was there all alone so i had to be a servant to the saytaria so that they would at least feed me but then some pixies noticed me they are soooo cute and they started to teach me their magic when i didn’t have to serve the siret which was really very kind of them so when i combined their magic with mommy’s and also a couple physical tricks my brother taught me i was able to build a key out of the fire crystals there fire is a crystal in the twilight forest which is weird right? so at first the fire crystal didn’t take me very far you know? to the well and to the berry brambles do you like berries? so eventually they the crystals not the pixies could let me travel to the lake and then the mountains but the crystals always disappear which is too bad because that would be really nice to have in an ugly room like this, don’t you think? so like i was telling you i got better at making keys and they took me further and further and i think i was able to make ones that took me to different lands i could tell because the seasons changed and the sky was different and now i’m here which is the material plane right? but i didn’t get a chance to make a return key and i lost my earring so do you think i’m stuck here?"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:24:51 PM by NasT »
Myrielle: "I think you're worth the trouble, even if the others don't."

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 12:23:15 AM »
Startled by the voice, I whip around, with sword in hand, to face the owner. "Who are you and how did you get here?!", I exclaimed.

“Eek!”  The girl lets out a cry and jumps back a step, raising her empty hands.

She takes a deep breath, and then the words spill from her like water from a tipped bucket.

“Gee i’m really sorry i startled you sir you see i was looking for my brother and well i guess that was a two years ago or maybe three i’m not quite sure anymore do you remember? when i was travelling, i  came across a satire? satorie? the goat-men, what are they called? who said he’d help me but he tricked me and i ended up in this forest of eternal twilight, but there were crystals everywhere and raw magic was floating in the air it was like a fable my mother once told me, or maybe it was part of her magic lessons have you ever been somewhere like that? i was there all alone so i had to be a servant to the saytaria so that they would at least feed me but then some pixies noticed me they are soooo cute and they started to teach me their magic when i didn’t have to serve the siret which was really very kind of them so when i combined their magic with mommy’s and also a couple physical tricks my brother taught me i was able to build a key out of the fire crystals there fire is a crystal in the twilight forest which is weird right? so at first the fire crystal didn’t take me very far you know? to the well and to the berry brambles do you like berries? so eventually they the crystals not the pixies could let me travel to the lake and then the mountains but the crystals always disappear which is too bad because that would be really nice to have in an ugly room like this, don’t you think? so like i was telling you i got better at making keys and they took me further and further and i think i was able to make ones that took me to different lands i could tell because the seasons changed and the sky was different and now i’m here which is the material plane right? but i didn’t get a chance to make a return key and i lost my earring so do you think i’m stuck here?"

Dumbfounded as to how someone can ramble on, I lowered my sword a bit as to not scare the elf any further.

"What is your name lass?" I inquired. "And I am sorry but I do not know where here is but I do not plan to be stuck here."
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 01:39:26 AM »

Dumbfounded as to how someone can ramble on, I lowered my sword a bit as to not scare the elf any further.

"What is your name lass?" I inquired. "And I am sorry but I do not know where here is but I do not plan to be stuck here."

Amazingly, she still has enough air in her lungs to let out a deep sigh of relief as she see's the blade lowered.

"I'm myrielle pleasure to meet you what's your name again? it used to be myielle silvertongue my father is human but i think something happened in the twilight forest because my ears are longer now and and people look at me strangely when i use a human name ... yeah like that... so i've been using my mother maiden name Galenodyl it means moonwhisperer pretty huh? if your not stuck here can I come with you? and how come you don't open the door? i know i don't look like it but i'm pretty good at stuff like that do you want some help?"

You know life sucks when you get a back-handed compliment from a seven year old.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »

Amazingly, she still has enough air in her lungs to let out a deep sigh of relief as she see's the blade lowered.

"I'm myrielle pleasure to meet you what's your name again? it used to be myielle silvertongue my father is human but i think something happened in the twilight forest because my ears are longer now and and people look at me strangely when i use a human name ... yeah like that... so i've been using my mother maiden name Galenodyl it means moonwhisperer pretty huh? if your not stuck here can I come with you? and how come you don't open the door? i know i don't look like it but i'm pretty good at stuff like that do you want some help?"

"Greetings Myrielle. I am Sythaeryn Gildenguard and I welcome any help that you can offer. As I said before, I know not where we are but I was able to do some cursory exploration of the immediate area.

Out of this door, the corridor leads left and right.  To the left, it opens into a bigger room with stone pillars in the center and one corridor in each of the other three walls.  I have not explored the corridors beyond as I was avoiding the two ogres that were roaming the area.

To the right, the corridor turns right and I can hear some voices coming from it.  I was about to explore that area but you suddenly appeared. This room appears to be a hidden room as I did not find any other doors leading out. To enter through this door, you must know where it is from the corridor.

We must be quiet and cautious as we explore. I do not know what else roams these corridors aside from the ogres.
"

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions - How to Serve Man
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »
As you finish your conversation with the newcomer, you hear a commotion outside the door.  Some scuffling and scraping noises, followed by someone shouting in a slurred form of Common: "YOU SHUD NO BEDDUR!"

Cracking the door open to peer through reveals a Half-Orc and an Elf apparently doing battle with one of the Ogres inside the pillared room. The Half-Orc is a tangle of muscle, drawn up under a single loincloth that threatens not to cover him adequately.  In his hands he wields a greataxe, keeping it going in long arcs to maintain momentum on each swing. The proximity of the pillars doesn't appear to bother him as he deftly swings the axe in between them to strike at the massive frame of the Ogre.

The two brutes trade blows, each landing solidly on the other.  While the Half-Orc's swing appears to have been made with less force, his battle rage appears to have shrugged off much of the force of the harder swing from the Ogre to even out the amount of punishment each took from the other.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:51:42 AM by Gnomeo »
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 01:15:24 AM »
As you finish your conversation with the newcomer, you hear a commotion outside the door.  Some scuffling and scraping noises, followed by someone shouting in a slurred form of Common: "YOU SHUD NO BEDDUR!"

Cracking the door open to peer through reveals a Half-Orc and an Elf apparently doing battle with one of the Ogres inside the pillared room. The Half-Orc is a tangle of muscle, drawn up under a single loincloth that threatens not to cover him adequately.  In his hands he wields a greataxe, keeping it going in long arcs to maintain momentum on each swing. The proximity of the pillars doesn't appear to bother him as he deftly swings the axe in between them to strike at the massive frame of the Ogre.

The two brutes trade blows, each landing solidly on the other.  While the Half-Orc's swing appears to have been made with less force, his battle rage appears to have shrugged off much of the force of the harder swing from the Ogre to even out the amount of punishment each took from the other.

"This area has suddenly become quite lively", Sythaeryn remarked.  "Come Myrielle. Let's see if we provide assistance."

He opens the door and gestures for Myrielle to pass through. He'll move with her into the next room.

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 02:13:01 AM »
Standing well clear of the two brutes, the plainly dressed elf gestures with his hands, softly speaking the words, "pilin naur". The elf then whispers something to the owl perched on his shoulder and it takes off toward the ogre, flapping its wings in the ogress face before circling away. Just as the owl clears the ogre's space, a confused expression appears on the Elf's face. Apparently he expected a different result.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:27:52 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »
"Why are they always so ugly?"

Without waiting for an answer, Myrielle ducks just outside the door.

"Arcum..... Her voice grows dark.

As the fight between the Ogre and Half-orc continunes, she spots an opening and finishes her spell.

...Ignus!

A bolt of flame bursts from her outstretched hand toward the Ogre. The bolt, however, disappears from sight as it crosses the threshold of the archway leading into the pillared room.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:31:08 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 03:46:32 PM »
The Half-orc, in a blind fury, swings wildly, increasing his chances to hit at the cost of opening himself up to attack. The gamble pays off, as he lands an incredible blow to the larger foe.

Grunting, and clearly not used to be on the receiving end of such punishment, the Ogre delivers a blow of its own, which is again mostly turned aside by the Half-orc's fury.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »
Noticing that Myrielle's magic spell was blocked, Sythaeryn decides against using his magic.  Instead, he raises his bow, nocks an arrow, and draws back on the string. Steadying his breathing, he aims for the ogre and lets the arrow fly.

Attack:
Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11

Damage:
Rolled 1d8+3 : 2 + 3, total 5

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 08:01:39 PM »
Sythaeryn's arrow catches the Ogre in the left shoulder. The Ogre's face begins to show signs of concern. Or confusion. Or both.

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 09:15:27 AM »
Visibly annoyed by the fact that the room lacks the magical energy to cast a spell, Melisander draws his dagger and advances on the ogre. He stops 20 ft away and waits for the exact moment when the owl has circled back to distract the ogre again before launching the dagger at the ogre.

(click to show/hide)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
"Hrmph! Why are you're forcing me to do this the hard way? ...And why are your arms so long?!"

Myri pulls the first of two daggers from the sheath strapped to her thigh.  She then runs to a position next to the mage. Upon her arrival, she plants her front foot and uses her momentum to hurl the dagger at the ogre.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »
Myri's dagger finds purchase in the Ogre's right eye socket, sending the lumbering creature backward to lie at the base of the western archway.

The other Ogre must have heard the commotion, because you hear loud footfalls on the floor in the southern hallway headed in your direction preceded by a booming voice saying , "THOG! GOT FOOD!"

It appears through the southern arch, carrying a Goblin in one hand. Placing the Goblin on top of one of the pillars, it then pulls out its own weapon, screaming for vengeance.

The Half-orc moves to greet the new foe, using the nearest pillar to avoid its long reach. Still swinging wildly, he lands a heavy blow on the larger creature.

From atop the pillar, the Goblin begins to cheer on the Barbarian.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:51:25 PM by Gnomeo »

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
Not wanting to be caught alone in the hallway, Sythaeryn moves into the room, to the right, behind Myrielle. There, he nocks another arrow, takes aim at the 2nd ogre, and let's the arrow fly..

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 09:04:45 PM »
Out of weapons, Melisander runs over to the fallen ogre to retrieve his dagger and the also the one stuck in the dead ogre's eye. He then makes eye contact with the owl circling about the room and points at the other ogre.

The owl changes course and swoops down in a flutter of feathers in front of the other ogre's face.

(click to show/hide)

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »
Myrielle draws her second dagger as she watches the owl swoop in and out of the Ogre's vision.  As the owl flaps about, she skips one step toward her new foe and again uses her momentum to fling the small blade.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »
The Ogre, suddenly fearing for its life, takes a half-hearted swing at the Half-orc before attempting to run away. Unfortunately for the Ogre, the attempt did little more than annoy his foe.

The Half-orc responds by removing the creature's head from its shoulders.

Offline NasT

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2015, 06:24:31 PM »
Myrielle skips over to the headless ogre. Placing her foot on its chest for leverage, she pulls her dagger free from the beast's chest.  She shakes the blood from the blade before sheathing it and turning to the owl's master.

"You weren't planning on keeping that, were you?"

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2015, 08:08:05 PM »
"Of course not, young lass. Physical weapons may effectuate a certain need, but aren't my cup of Lairelossën tea."

Melisander cleans and hands the borrowed dagger back to the lady elf.

"Here you are. I am Melisander Kelerandri. Pleased to make your acquaintance."