Author Topic: The Dungeon Level  (Read 41436 times)

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon Level
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2015, 03:01:17 AM »
Sythaeryn takes aim at the lonely goblin and let's the arrow fly.
(click to show/hide)

Modified to encompass damage roll in spoiler
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:03:46 AM by Kazgaroth »
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2015, 09:12:41 AM »
Sythaeryn's bowsring comes loose from the arrow during firing, and the arrow barely makes it 10 feet in front of the Elf.  The response at the far end of the hall is laughter followed by what can only be mockery in the language of the Goblins.

Myrielle steps into viewing range and with a wave of her hand lets loose another magical attack.  "Arcum Ignus!"  This time the Goblin takes the full force of the attack, and the japes have ceased.  His companions down the hall, however, laugh even louder.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:18:54 AM by Gnomeo »
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2015, 06:46:53 PM »
His right eye shuts as he levels the cross bow at the goblin until the bolt point faces center of mass.  Wiltix exhales slowly and squeezes. 

(click to show/hide)
You know where you are!?  You in the Myrkviðr baby!  You gonna diiiiiiiiiieee!

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »
As the Gnome's crossbow bolt skitters down the hallway, Gorbug charges ahead to bring his axe to bear on the Goblin. The blow chops the miserable creature in two. The Half-orc then peers around the corner only to see another Goblin arrow whiz past his head. "At least one more this way."

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »
Melisander directs the owl down the corridor to scout around the corner and report what it sees telepathically, before deciding on his own action.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
The elf wizard moves down the hallway, turns the corner and takes a position just past Gorbug. He gestures toward the goblin at the end of the corridor and encases him in what appears to be a 5 ft. wooden crate.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2015, 04:31:23 PM »
From inside the crate you hear, "Ayta. Gunda runta gi sosa!" Laughter erupts from somwhere down the hall, as another Goblin appears to run behind the crate. It peeks out to take a shot at the Wizard, but the Elf's reflexes proved more keen than the Goblin's aim.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »
Looking at his bow, Sythaeryn mumbles to himself, "How unfortunate. I'll have to fix this later"

With his shield in defensive position, Sythaeryn moves in front of Melisander and gestures in the air. "Sphaera flamma", mouths Sythaeryn as a flaming sphere appears 15' away from the goblins in the center of the corridor. With another flick of his wrist, the sphere rolls towards the two goblins.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2015, 10:35:07 PM »
The great ball of fire rolled down the corridor, and passed into the illusionary crate. A brief shriek is heard, and a small hand comes into view, as if disembodied. The sphere stops while inside the crate, illuminating the area with an unseen light source. The shadow of the last remaining Goblin dances on the ceiling behind it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2015, 12:59:59 AM »
Myrielle says loudly to the hallway, "This isn't necessary, is it?  I mean, your buddies are defeated, and one might argue you are as well, so isn't is smarter to give up and stop this fighting?  We're not here looking for you, and you really have nothing we want, so why not drop your bow and walk away?"

Myrielle moves to the far wall and readies a spell in case the foolish Goblin continues to fight.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:08:54 AM by Gnomeo »

Offline Divalo

• Gnoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2015, 06:56:53 PM »
Wiltix advances down the hallway next to the high elf.  "I think you're right not to dispatch this one.  He may have valuable information."   The gnome addresses the goblin in a commanding voice "Surrender"

(click to show/hide)
You know where you are!?  You in the Myrkviðr baby!  You gonna diiiiiiiiiieee!

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »
"No kill me," the Goblin shrieks, "no want to be crushes!"

Content to take the feeble creature at its word, Gorbug waits at the corner; but readies his axe in case it turns out to be lying.

(click to show/hide)

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2015, 01:11:13 AM »
Slightly skeptical of the goblin's true intentions, Melisander delays his action to see what the goblin does next.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:53 AM »
You hear a clatter on the cobblestone floor as the Goblin drops his weapons. Slowly, he stands up and walks toward Wiltix before dropping to his knees and lowering his head.

"No want be crushes," he repeats, in a softer, defeated tone.

Offline crazy_sherm

• Immaculate Evacuation
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2015, 01:52:59 AM »
"It appears you have a new pet, warlock."

Offline Kazgaroth

• Finger of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2015, 11:42:25 PM »
"I still have this spell in effect so, I'm going to make use of it to explore these corridors. We only a little bit of time left before it expires", states Sythaeryn as he flicks his wrist and the flaming sphere begins rolling down the corridor and follows behind.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2015, 12:38:45 AM »
At the Cleric's mental command, the ball of flame in the hallway begins rolling down the southern passageway.  Old moss and dried bits of offal burn in its wake, leaving behind a sickly smell of burning filth.  The command sends the sphere down the hallway and around a right turn.  At the end of this new passage, you can faintly make out what looks to be a room with a stone feature of some sort.  Big and smooth.  Statue maybe?  You can only see about a quarter of the thing at the limit of the sphere's light source, as half is in the interior of the room and half looms above the archway leading into the room.

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »
Melisander looks to Sythaeryn on his left and says, "Push the sphere forward into the room, please."  As the ball of flame rolls into the room, he looks to the owl perched in his right shoulder and says, "Show us what's inside."

Placing a hand on the Cleric's shoulder, Melisander draws upon the connection between Wizard and familiar, seeing through the eyes of the owl as it flies down the hallway. The rush of flight and acuteness of vision is disorienting at first, as always, but he recovers before the owl reaches the room at the end of the corridor.

This large chamber contains several burn-scars on the walls and floor, and is dominated by a large statue.  The granite statue is finely crafted, and consists of a 3’ high squared stone base. From it, carved from the same massive block of stone, rises what appears to be a nude human female torso— until the slim neck of the statue ends in a scaled, open- jawed, fanged snake head.

The owl circuits the room once, and returns to Melisander's shoulder. He describes the room as he saw it, and adds, "I believe I saw something resting in the mouth of the statue."

Offline Gnomeo

• Honorary Mod
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2015, 11:50:18 AM »
Myrielle says, "Someone should check out the statue, right? Would you mind waiting here, please, while I search it?"

She moves cautiously across the cobblestone floor, pausing once or twice to check for signs of danger. Seeing none, she continues to the archway that leads to the room with the statue. Peeking around the frame of the archway, she looks up at the mouth of the statue and says, "Is that a wand? Maybe a rod? Why would someone put it there? As a trap, maybe?"

She tosses a loose some into the room to see if there's a reaction. Hearing only a clattering on the floor, she proceeds into the room and examines the statue more closely. "Scrape marks on the ground mean this thing moves, right? But isn't it a good idea to remove the mouth thing first?"

Without waiting for a response, she climbs up the side of the statue and gently removes the item from the mouth. A few things happen then: Brightly-colored arcs of arcane energy explode outward from the item in all directions at once, the room begins to glow with a blinding light, and both the statue and Myrielle disappear.