Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46431 times)

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2013, 01:03:13 AM »
Cashile was in his mecha before the shout alerting them to the presence of buzzers had finished having been restlessly pacing back in forth for most of the trip.

He takes a moment to steady himself, breathing out slowly. Finally. He grins.

His mecha launches from the ship and he disappears from sight as his mecha's Nacht System kicks in.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
You react quickly and spread out before the buzzers can close in, preparing to meet them head on!

The Illustrious main cannons first first, unleashing a massive yellow beam that cuts the horizon! It is however hard to get a proper lock-on on the quickly aproaching biomonsters, that dodge out of the way. Still two of them get grazed and their chitin is seared by the attack. Luckily you are fighting organic beings, and not plated combat mechas.

Vail unleashes a pair of split missiles at one of the wounded buzzers diving towards you, but fails to get a proper lock-on with either weapon and they scatter wildly.

Bartok and Antares pick up the slack, shooting their own missiles directly into the seared torso of that same buzzer. The first two tear a nice hole into its body, and then the last warhead detonates inside the biomonster, making it explode in a shower of chitin pieces and purple fluids!

Bagra fires two more missiles on the next incoming Buzzer, managing to hit it with one, but the second grazes the biomonster.

Witnessing the destruction of one of their own, the other buzzers dive into the nearby rocks and trees, clearly seeking whatever cover they can as they aproach you.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:09:11 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 01:04:43 PM »
"What an odd scramble pattern. It doesn't look like they're confused from losing their numbers, and it's not like any formation I can think of, either...

Our main advantage is that they can't attack at a distance. Vail, I'm covering the right flank, we have two strays nearby - but I can only take care of one. Can you take care of the target I'm painting now?"

Antares shared his targetting data with Vail, clearly showing the two targets at his 1 and 2 o'clock. The one closest to Vail was noted as locked, and the other was painted green - meaning Antares sought to shoot the one closer to his companion out of the sky. Given Vail's preferred attack method, it made sense to ask him to handle the one with cover.

Regardless of the answer, the CAST's Lion hummed as it initiated its electromagnetic accelerator.

"Initiating drive. Compensating for electromagnetic field. Locking on heat signature."

A persistant beep confirmed lock.

"Fire."

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
"I copy, consider target lit up and pinned down."

Vail gunned his Gespent's engine as he bore down on the Buzzer Antares had indicated. The cowardly little (in the figurative sense) thing had taken cover on a rocky outcropping but that wouldn't save it from the wrath of the dragon. As he exhaled, Vail took a moment to marvel at the amplifier system which meant that, instead of rebounding from the mecha's interior, his fiery breath flowed out onto his target, magnified to the same impressive scale the bug opperated on.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:03 AM »
Bartok quietly takes aim at the buzzer concealed with the tree directly ahead of him.  He fires two missiles in quick succession, knowing that the tree is jamming his targeting sensors but not being able to do anything about it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »
"We should block their advance on our left flank".

Bagra charges at the first couple of enemies on the left.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »
Shatterscale, seeing his chance, drove SimoLeon's claws up into the Buzzer to his left after hearing the charge coming from the side.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:35:13 AM by Clanjos »
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:45 AM »
Cashile reacts at the sight of Bagra charging in. Kicking off from the ground, his thrusters engage. His missile launcher zero's in on the unlucky bug and as soon as the lip of the cliff is not obstructing his view, Cashile lets his missile fly.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:42:45 AM by Elevevated Beat »
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »
Antares would find himself receiving a transmission from the ship: "Downloading battlefield data to your ship, Antares. It's only accurate for a brief window of time; make it count."

Transmission complete, the ship prepared to fire at anything that attacked it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »
Antares Railgun hits his target straight on, tearing a large chunk of its abdomen-but seems like he failed to hit anything vital as the biomonster takes flight once more, charging straight at the Lion and The Illustrious!

And is promptly met by a missile barrage that literally vaporizes it in mid-air.

Vail wreathes another buzzer in flames. The monster trashes around angrily as the flames persist and it is burned alive, pouncing on the origin of its pain. Its maws fail to penetrate the gespent's plate, but a colossal stinger pops up from its abdomen and manages to pierce right trough the mecha's abdomen joints, dealing heavy damage and knocking him down on the grass!

The heavy vegetation seems to be jamming Bartok's targeting systems as both his missiles miss. He does suceed on drawing the attention of the biomonster regardless, as it quickly buzzes the remaining distance between them and falls over Bartok's mecha, trashing with a variety of sharp apendages.  The gespent's plating  proves resilient against the organic weapons, but can't stop a lucky hit from striking the leg servo motors, making the machine fall on the ground!

Bagra charges  straight at the enemy swinging his chainsword two-handed, but ends up miscalculating the distance and crashing on the side of the cliff! Luckily the gespent's been designed to handle at least this kind of rough treatment, so no structural damage is done.

Shatterscale cunningly takes advantage of the distraction provided by Bagra to leap into a Buzzer. The biomonster only notices this new opponent as mechanical claws are driven into its softer underside, eviscerating it.

Cashile manages to hit another buzzer with an homing missile. The wounded biomonster takes to the air, flying over Bartok and straight into Bashile's mecha. Its maws manage to tear into the Lion's plating, geting the smaller machine into a deadly embrace!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2013, 06:41:35 PM »
Seeing that many of her allies were, in fact, in serious trouble, Alexia sent a quick transmission to Antares, informing him that she was going to target the creature assailing Bartok--because, after all, doubling up their targets was not going to be the best option. Another barrage of missiles was fired.

(click to show/hide)

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »
Gagh! Get away from me you cursed insect! Vail flailed with his mecha's fists as the flame wreathed buzzer bore down on him but melee combat had never been his strong suit and its attack knocked him sprawling.

As the wasp burned, Vail tried to make his mecha scramble to its feet and fire a missile salvo, painfully aware that both of these things were likely to draw retribution from his attacker.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:09:00 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2013, 09:08:22 PM »
Bagra swings his blade at the enemy in front of him. His movement is fast making an upward, diagonal cut on the beast.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »
Bartok punches at the Buzzer at it closes with him then flails as his mecha falls over unexpectedly.

"Damn bug!" he yells as he gets back up and strikes at it again, this time using up some of his fuel to put some extra kick behind his mecha's punch.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2013, 03:09:21 AM »
"Roger that.

Vail! Incoming!!"

Seeing the Illustrious' efforts to support his comrade sadly fall short, Antares took it upon himself to eliminate the closest threat. All told, Cashile, Bagra, Bartok and Shatterscale were doing fine as far as hammering the enemy went.

He took a moment to charge up, his weapon emitting an ominous hum before a superheated piece of metal tore toward the Buzzer with a vengeance.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »
The bug's speed catches Cashile by surprise and he only manages to fire of a round from his Vulcan before it crashes into him.
The lack of preparedness for such a maneuver hurts Cashile's mecha immensely, as no sooner does the bug envelope the small machine in it's grasp than warning signals flare up inside his cockpit. An automated transmission is sent to Alexia's ship notifying her of the situation.
Warning! Major damage sustained - functional capacity at 30%.

Cashile struggles with his assailant, its mandibles having dug into the plating making escape difficult.
Get off me, you damn pest!

Bracing his mecha's arms against the bug's maw, Cashile pushes them slightly apart before quickly twisting in an effort to slip through their clutches. In anticipation of the maneuver succeeding he sets a path straight for the tree he used as concealment just a moment before hoping to lose his opponent in the branches.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
"Come and get me, you buzzing freaks!" Shatterscale shouted, opening the vents on Simoleon's arms and driving the claws of the mecha up into the Buzzer as best he could once again. Hopefully, the bit of extra strength would make him a more pressing target to the giant insects.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »
Alexia finds her crew still needs more training as the second barrage of missiles just blasts some patches of vegetation. Altough in their defense, most of the buzzers are now quite close to your mechas.

Vail manages to slip from under the biomonster's flailing limbs, and his point-blank missiles proceed to detonate the burning buzzer into a shower of flaming bits!

Bagra manages to land a clean, deep hit on his target's abdomen, but not deep enough to finish it off. The heavily wounded buzzer retaliates with its limbs and mandibles, managing to slip a claw in one of the gespent's torso joints. It then tries to pull the mecha down into the ground, however Bagra manages to keep his machine up!

Bartok smashes the jaw of the buzzer pouncing him as he falls down, then proceeds to rise himself and tear of the rest of the head of the biomonster with his powered-up fist!

Cashile's vulcan blows off one of the incoming Buzzer's limbs before they're locked into grapple. Before his mecha sustains any more damage,  he manages to slip free from the biomonster's grasp, and Antares takes the chance to finish off the wounded biomonster with his railgun!

Shatterscale slashes and tears at the buzzer near him, one of the two last remaining. He draws violet blood, yet this one seems quite tougher than the previous one he had just slain... Suddenly, bright light starts glowing from between the biomonster's carapace joints. The Biomonster opens its jaws and unleashes a shower of glowing white spheres upon Bagra and Shatterscale! The projectiles sear right trough your mecha's plating and threaten to overload your visor systems!

(click to show/hide)

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »
"Got you!" Vail crows as his opponent's body parts rain down around him. He then whips his mecha around and heads for the remaining unfriendlies at top speed.

As the furthest from the live buzzers he is the least able to engage the target with the weird powers so he decides to take Bagra's opponent out of the fight instead.

"Bagra, am closing on your position, engaging hostile on your 12 o'clock", he sends as he hits the firing stud on his missiles.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:53:12 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
"I can't get a clear enough shot. Bagra, Shatterscale, both of you are directly in my line of fire. Standing by for a shot."

Antares cooly focused on the screen and the remaining enemies, waiting for the right moment in the flow of battle to shoot.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.