Author Topic: [Discussion] The A-Team discussion thread (now with less redundancy!)  (Read 77546 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: The A-Team team thread
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
Don't spend the money on an Amulet of Mighty Fists, a Necklace of Natural Attacks is significantly superior due to the equipment houserules.

Didnt know if this was the place to ask about rules but how does a necklace of natural attacks work with your enchantment rules?

It basically obviates the Amulet of Mighty Fists, which I don't think anyone is sad about.  Your natural attack gets the property and the associated enhancement bonus as normal (that is, as normal for my houserules).
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
<insert "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" joke here>   :P

For your Will Save, you have a +8 ability mod, but I didn't see anything that would have your ConMod apply to Will...

Offline Pencil

• - your advertisement could stand here -
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:56 AM »
Steadfast Determination!

If I remember correctly it was houseruled that "iron will" was preq.

Don't spend the money on an Amulet of Mighty Fists, a Necklace of Natural Attacks is significantly superior due to the equipment houserules.

Didnt know if this was the place to ask about rules but how does a necklace of natural attacks work with your enchantment rules?

It basically obviates the Amulet of Mighty Fists, which I don't think anyone is sad about.  Your natural attack gets the property and the associated enhancement bonus as normal (that is, as normal for my houserules).

Ah ok.So I dont have to pay per natural attack or what does that mean^^"?Because even a +1 equivalent would cost like an unimaginable high amount of money because I got plenty of natural attacks.

Furthermore 2 more questions: Am I allowed to wear regular armor?If not can i eat bracers of armor since they are magical?

and secondly:Does the essentia I invest into my girastuff arms increase my normal claw attacks?RAW I would say yes but definitively not RAI.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:36:29 AM by Pencil »
Movie Quote of the Week (Brazil):
Sam Lowry: Is that one of your triplets?
Jack Lint: Yeah, probably.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
You have to pay per natural attack mode.  So you would enchant your claws only with a given ability.

Offline Pencil

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »
You have to pay per natural attack mode.  So you would enchant your claws only with a given ability.

RAW it does not say "Attack mode" but natural weapon.But if you were to Houserule it it would be very much appreciated :P

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »

RAW it does not say "Attack mode" but natural weapon.But if you were to Houserule it it would be very much appreciated :P

"Claws" are a single natural weapon, no matter how many attacks you get with them.

Offline Pencil

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
Ah, ok.Thanks for clarification.

There is not by any chance a god around that has claw as his favored weapon and the war domain?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:08:00 AM by Pencil »

Offline Pencil

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
Sooo: Can I be your mascot? :D

Offline TravelLog

• Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
Ah, ok.Thanks for clarification.

There is not by any chance a god around that has claw as his favored weapon and the war domain?

Hmmm. Deity Favored Weapons list

It doesn't look like it. That said, some offer Bite and others offer Claw Bracers, so there could be leeway there.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »
You could argue that claws are Unarmed Strikes, since you aren't arming yourself with a manufactured weapon, but instead are using the weapons you were born with... the weapons God gave you from birth to prove your, and therefore THEIR, superiority!

Beltar even favors the spiked gauntlet, which is just a puny human's way of emulating the claws you were BORN with!

Those deity lists were written by puny humanoids with weak fingers where their claws would be if they were born strong. That's why they write Unarmed Strike when they mean Natural Weapons. They figure animals don't worship gods. Well they're wrong! Some animals ARE Gods! Take the Dire Tyrannosaurus, or the Kaiju Hamster, or the Weasel of Legend.

Never heard of them? That's cause they're waiting under your bed.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 09:11:10 PM »
Well Boz, considering what Pencil is playing, it is certainly looking like we don't need another brute force character.  (Do you really need more than one when that one is a Tarrasque???  :looloo)  Anyway, well-rounded / caster is looking better.  Not to say that you shouldn't play a Kensei if you want to. 

Whatcha feelin?

Offline GuyFawkes

• Remember, remember, the fifth of November
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
Damn. We have a Tarrasque now?  :D

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 10:26:05 PM »
Well Boz, considering what Pencil is playing, it is certainly looking like we don't need another brute force character.  (Do you really need more than one when that one is a Tarrasque???  :looloo)  Anyway, well-rounded / caster is looking better.  Not to say that you shouldn't play a Kensei if you want to. 

Whatcha feelin?

Why not a Tarrasque with Kensai levels?
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »

Whatcha feelin?

Why not a Tarrasque with Kensai levels?

Because then we would have TWO Tarrasques in the same place at the same time, and could create a paradox that could destroy the whole universe!!!!!!!!   :surrender

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 11:05:47 PM »
Because then we would have TWO Tarrasques in the same place at the same time, and could create a paradox that could destroy the whole universe!!!!!!!!   :surrender

Unless we all jump into a Bag of Holding AS the universe is being destroyed. Then, when the bag on the Prime is destroyed, we're all shunted to the Astral or Ethereal plane, thereby evading annihilation. Ergo, we win.
Link to my homebrews

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »

Unless we all jump into a Bag of Holding AS the universe is being destroyed. Then, when the bag on the Prime is destroyed, we're all shunted to the Astral or Ethereal plane, thereby evading annihilation. Ergo, we win.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessss... but then we couldn't "win" win, because the plane where the games we were playing to win would have been destroyed, including the creatures who could acknowledge our winning.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessss... but then we couldn't "win" win, because the plane where the games we were playing to win would have been destroyed, including the creatures who could acknowledge our winning.

Well then we do what any other adventuring party would do... take turns patting each other on the back and look for some other civilization to exploit and ruin.
Link to my homebrews

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »

Well then we do what any other adventuring party would do... take turns patting each other on the back and look for some other civilization to exploit and ruin.

Huzzah!  Go team us!

Offline Pencil

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 12:56:00 AM »

Whatcha feelin?

sorry if I stole a role  -_-'

Offline Zionpopsickle

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lurking
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 01:35:56 AM »

Just so you know, I don't think you get xp for destroying the universe.