Author Topic: When did Chokers get Quckness?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
When did Chokers get Quckness?
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »
Chokers have the Quickness ability, which gives them an extra action. This is present in the SRD. However, they don't have this ability in my actual printed Monster Manual, and it doesn't seem to be corrected in the errata. Is this something that WotC just overlooked in the book, or what?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: When did Chokers get Quckness?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:40:30 PM »
The ability is in my printed monster manual...

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 10:22:26 PM »
I think I have a different printing than you do. Mine says "First Printing: July 2003" on the first page inside the cover with the copyright and ISBN and stuff.

In any case, I'm just calling weird on my book. The special qualities line, which should have the quickness ability, just has darkvision 60 ft., and the Choker's ability description goes straight from Improved Grab to Skills.

I checked pages 34 and 35 of a friend's Monster Manual. The typesetting is a little different. In mine, the Chimera's Breath Weapon ability's description starts at the top of the second column on page 34, rather than across the top-right of the Chimera's artwork at the bottom of the 1st column, moving everything up one paragraph to fit in the Quickness ability's description between Improved Grab and Skills in the Choker entry.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:34:15 PM »
Yep, sounds like yours is weird.  Mine says that too on the copyright page.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »
I've run in to similar issues.  I remember one time I made a comment about how many HD a certain creature had, and someone immediately jumped in and corrected me.  I don't remember the creature or the context, but it was something in the Epic Level Handbook. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.