Author Topic: Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)  (Read 185001 times)

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue at Rivenroar (Game Thread)
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2012, 07:32:05 PM »
Everyn runs North to join the rest of the party

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
   Satisfied that the enemy is routed and that the immediate danger has passed, Søffå turns towards the blaze and to the well, assisting in the effort to save the Green Tankard.

His spirits lighten a bit as he finds his friends are well; but he cannot prevent several questions from ruminating in his mind: "What just happened?" "Who is Sinruth, and what is the connection to the Red Fist of Doom?"  Remembering the ominous sounds forming in the distance, "What peril does this night yet hold?"

(click to show/hide)

Refocusing on the task at hand, Søffå ushers a bucket of water to the base of the fire; he remains hopeful that someone in town may know more - Or at the very least, that he may have the chance to speak with the innmaster again.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:38:45 AM by Sk4mpE »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »
Suff'a
(click to show/hide)

Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »
Suq Unleashes a blast of eldritch power in an attempt to thwart the final fleeing foe

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
OOC:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »
The bolt sears a clean hole through the goblin's back, Dak looks from the smoking hole in his chest and then up dumbfounded at Suq as he collapses to the ground.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »
The bucket brigade forms and buckets start being handed down the line to help combat the fire within The Green Tankard. The air is filled with the scent of burning wood and flesh and the glow of multiple fires throughout Loudwater can be viewed over the rooftops. Screams and the sounds of battle can be heard in the distance. Several townsfolk rest nearby the well that the water is being drawn from. Their injuries being the result of fire or combat. The girl that was serving you food earlier is doing her best to tend them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
   Seeing that the Fire Brigade is well in hand, Søffå tries to catch the attention of his comrades without disturbing the bucket line.  He motions for his friends to gather by the well; he immediately goes there, towards whom he deems the eldest and heartiest townsperson, who appears to have been injured in combat.

(click to show/hide)

Søffå kneels towards the man and says, "My hands are rough, but I will do what I can to ease your pain.  Tell me, what happened to you?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:49:26 PM by Sk4mpE »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
You stitch the wound of a tougher looking man with a haunted look in his face.

"They...They came out of nowhere....hobgoblins and goblins. My neighbor and his family.....I did all I could to help, but they overran us."

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »
I head over to Soffa and the rest of the group to discuss our next course of action.  I'll help out with healing the wounded if possible.  Otherwise, I will aid with the bucket brigade

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
The wounded and burned keep wandering up. So Bhrim and Granite leave the bucket line to help tend to them. Both must have seen their fair share of battle wounds for they tend them with expert hands.

"Sure'n we won't be see'n the end of some goblins to smack. Me axe is tell'n me we ain't done aveng'n our fallen brudder. Bhrim says.

"Ye been talk'n to yer axes fer long as me bin remember'n an fer once yer likely right." adds Granite.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »
While waiting for the remainder of his party to gather, Søffå takes a few moments to rest and recover his strength; he begins to tend to his own wounds.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
This is thom by the way im on vacation with steve so im using his laptop.
Atanos After delivering his latest bucket of water to its destination returns to the well to notice his companions bruised and battered he drops his bucket wipes the sweat from his brow then treats anyone who still needs healing.  While stiching people up atanos askes what the hell was that?

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
After tending the wounded and burned for a time, one of the inn's serving girls approaches the group from around the front of the inn. She looks like she has been through a lot this evening and exhaustion is clear on her features.
"Excuse me, but two of the town guard are out front. Marsh sent them this way. Looks like they may also need your attention" indicating they are injured. "They were looking to find out more about your fight in the tavern."

The two guardsmen have been through there fair share of fighting by the look of them. One leans heavily on his halberd while the other have a blood soaked bandage wrapped around his head haphazardly.

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2012, 08:45:48 AM »
After resting for a moment ang gathering his wits, Suq heads over and checks the bodies of the defeated foes for any clues as to where they came from and why they came.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2012, 08:22:32 AM »
Suq
(click to show/hide)

You approach the goblin you had slain, the hole you scorched into it's body still smokes. It had made it a good way from the spot your companions tend the wounded so you must strain to hear whats going on over the ambient sounds of the night's assault throughout town.

Offline Sk4mpE

• Huzzah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »

Søffå turns in conversation to his friends.  "Atanos, Everin, I do not know what is happening here; from what I know of the history of goblin attacks in this region, these creatures appear to be somehow connected to the Red Fist of Doom, and yet I feel there is a difference between this band and that which Azzur Khul led those many years ago.  I do not know who or what Sinruth is, but perhaps you might?"

"I do know this - The stench of battle is still thick in the air, and it appears the storm is growing."

After acknowledging and thanking the serving girl, Søffå motions for the rest of the party to follow her to the front of the inn, trying his best to catch Suq's attention as well.  After viewing the two guardsmen, he says:

"Hello.  My name is Søffå; my friends and I were sitting in the Tankard, when a couple of goblins and more than a half dozen hobgoblins burst in and began to set fire to the room and slaughter the helpless patrons.  We did our best to fight them off, but from the sounds I hear in the distance, I fear other parts of the town have had it far worse."

"I see that you have seen some battle this evening as well.  My friends and I have a little skill in healing, we will do what we can to help you - Tell us, what have you seen this night?"

Søffå approaches the first guardsman with the halberd in an attempt to ease his condition.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:29:34 AM by Sk4mpE »

Offline Doctor Krunk

• Lurker
  • Doctor of Krunkology
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
Suq
You pick up snippets of your companions conversation enough to understand what's going on. The goblin smells bad, made worse by the smoking flesh around the wound you inflicted. It wears a patchwork of leather armor, some ill fitting. Over this he has a dirty and heavily stained tunic of an off white with a red fist painted on it pointed down. Other than his clothing and pitted short sword the goblin must have traveled light for this raid....or was just dirt poor for he has no coins or other valuables.

(click to show/hide)

You see Soff'a head off around toward the front of the inn after being addressed by one of the inn's serving girls.

Soff'a and any that accompany him.
(click to show/hide)

"Well met, Soffa. I am Yenmorn, this is Marril." indicating his bloodied partner. He listens to Soff'a quickly recount the events. "Marsh Laval ran into our patrol and sent us this way. We ran into a group of hobgoblins though, lost two good friends in that fight. From the sound of things though if your group hadn't been here there would be a lot more dead burning up in the Tankard."

"If your better then Yen at bandaging wounds, then you can have at it." Marril says pointing to his wounded head.

Offline TheDave

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »
Everyn follows Suffa, and attempts to aide in any healing