Author Topic: Arrival  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Powerdork

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Arrival
« on: July 09, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »
I'm Powerdork, I edit Pathfinder content for people who ask me to (and will soon charge for it), and my favourite TF2 class is the Spy.
Canadian, carpenter, gender nonbinary (ne/nem/nir for pronouns, please and thank you).
According to my friends, I bless this forum with my very presence.

But no, it's just nice to be here. How y'all doin'?

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: Arrival
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 12:35:16 AM »
I'm Powerdork, I edit Pathfinder content for people who ask me to (and will soon charge for it), and my favourite TF2 class is the Spy.
Canadian, carpenter, gender nonbinary (ne/nem/nir for pronouns, please and thank you).
According to my friends, I bless this forum with my very presence.

But no, it's just nice to be here. How y'all doin'?

Welcome! What kind of editing do you do - mechanics (balance or clarity), fluff, proofreading? All of the above? If you're interested in doing homebrew reviews & feedback, we have a ton of relatively high-quality stuff here.

As a side note, (I'm actually surprised this is true) I've never been asked to use particular pronouns before, and so I'm not 100% sure which is which from a grammatical standpoint. Would you mind helping me out? Thanks :D
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:56:35 AM »
I think you'll have a few of the homebrewers around here fighting for your services. :P

Offline Powerdork

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
Ah, fantastic.

Welcome! What kind of editing do you do - mechanics (balance or clarity), fluff, proofreading? All of the above? If you're interested in doing homebrew reviews & feedback, we have a ton of relatively high-quality stuff here.

More clarity than balance. I aim to be the chump that doesn't quite get how an ability works and misuses it accidentally, but I actually really don't have a head for numbers or game sense or anything, so I don't speak on numbers and action economy unless it's really jarring. I'm more about the rules interactions that can cause headaches at the table. Fluff... I've seen some pretty bad flavour text, and I call it out where I can, because I simply want things to be better, but I don't really enjoy touching lore elements like organizations linked to martial disciplines. (That said, the world could always use fewer typos, especially in those sections. So many typos to fix.)

As a side note, (I'm actually surprised this is true) I've never been asked to use particular pronouns before, and so I'm not 100% sure which is which from a grammatical standpoint. Would you mind helping me out? Thanks :D

> Arcane Bond (Ex or Sp): At 1st level, wizards form a powerful bond with an object or a creature. This bond can take one of two forms: a familiar or a bonded object. A familiar is a magical pet that enhances the wizard’s skills and senses and can aid nem in magic, while a bonded object is an item a wizard can use to cast additional spells or to serve as a magical item. Once a wizard makes this choice, it is permanent and cannot be changed.
> Share Spells: The wizard may cast a spell with a target of “You” on nir familiar (as a touch spell) instead of on nemself. A wizard may cast spells on nir familiar even if the spells do not normally affect creatures of the familiar’s type (magical beast).
> Deliver Touch Spells (Su): If the master is 3rd level or higher, a familiar can deliver touch spells for nem. If the master and the familiar are in contact at the time the master casts a touch spell, ne can designate nir familiar as the “toucher.” The familiar can then deliver the touch spell just as the master would. As usual, if the master casts another spell before the touch is delivered, the touch spell dissipates.

Best to think of it as mimicking both of the standard gendered pronouns. 'Ne' ends with an E as 'he' or 'she' would, 'nem'/'nemself' with the E from 'her'/'herself' and the M from 'him'/'himself', and 'nir'/'nirs' copying the I from 'his' and the R from 'her'/'hers'.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »
Ah, fantastic.

More clarity than balance. I aim to be the chump that doesn't quite get how an ability works and misuses it accidentally, but I actually really don't have a head for numbers or game sense or anything, so I don't speak on numbers and action economy unless it's really jarring. I'm more about the rules interactions that can cause headaches at the table. Fluff... I've seen some pretty bad flavour text, and I call it out where I can, because I simply want things to be better, but I don't really enjoy touching lore elements like organizations linked to martial disciplines. (That said, the world could always use fewer typos, especially in those sections. So many typos to fix.)
Awesome. Yes, as Stratovarius said, the more homebrew reviewers, the better.

> Arcane Bond (Ex or Sp): At 1st level, wizards form a powerful bond with an object or a creature. This bond can take one of two forms: a familiar or a bonded object. A familiar is a magical pet that enhances the wizard’s skills and senses and can aid nem in magic, while a bonded object is an item a wizard can use to cast additional spells or to serve as a magical item. Once a wizard makes this choice, it is permanent and cannot be changed.
> Share Spells: The wizard may cast a spell with a target of “You” on nir familiar (as a touch spell) instead of on nemself. A wizard may cast spells on nir familiar even if the spells do not normally affect creatures of the familiar’s type (magical beast).
> Deliver Touch Spells (Su): If the master is 3rd level or higher, a familiar can deliver touch spells for nem. If the master and the familiar are in contact at the time the master casts a touch spell, ne can designate nir familiar as the “toucher.” The familiar can then deliver the touch spell just as the master would. As usual, if the master casts another spell before the touch is delivered, the touch spell dissipates.

Best to think of it as mimicking both of the standard gendered pronouns. 'Ne' ends with an E as 'he' or 'she' would, 'nem'/'nemself' with the E from 'her'/'herself' and the M from 'him'/'himself', and 'nir'/'nirs' copying the I from 'his' and the R from 'her'/'hers'.
Ah, so ne = subject, nem = object, nir = determiner, nirs = possessive. Check, thank you!
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.