Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 29553 times)

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »
5,400 damage need to be turn to take down the Iron curtain directly.
Assuming you allow him to reactivate it.

Dark Wind is a problem,  offer bargain that helps further his power over time in order to stay out of the fight? Use DvR 2 epic Bard to fascinate/Suggestion him for a toke of Dis. Chance of success ???%
Splitting the divine ranks between several members tends to be a bad idea. How would you contact Merorem? He is immune to mind-affecting stuff, he is an Abomination.

Catapsi will be an annoyance, does Mind-Affecting block it? Deity immunity won't work. Maybe modified Esoteric Aegis with ward against that power.
It is mind-affecting, so Mindblank ought to work perfectly.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
Dark Wind is a problem,  offer bargain that helps further his power over time in order to stay out of the fight? Use DvR 2 epic Bard to fascinate/Suggestion him for a toke of Dis. Chance of success ???%
Splitting the divine ranks between several members tends to be a bad idea. How would you contact Merorem? He is immune to mind-affecting stuff, he is an Abomination.

Music of the Gods epic feat: Bardic Music ignore mind effecting immunity, they still receive +10 on will saves against it. Reread about the SDA a deity gets, reduced to DvR 1, For Divine Bard and Divine Spellcasting.

Contact:The Circle of Locking the Nine Gates, if we can modify it like a an epic spell would work better. Would not start the conversation to a good start, but getting in contact of Merorem is difficult. Reality Revision/Wish could also work if Merorem location becomes known.

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
You could use the foresee epic seed combined with the transport epic seed to transport to any place on any plane without knowing were it is before you get there. Such places could be as unspecific as next to Dispater and would bring you there.
You could contact Meorem by simply dumping in right next to him.
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
You could use the foresee epic seed combined with the transport epic seed to transport to any place on any plane without knowing were it is before you get there. Such places could be as unspecific as next to Dispater and would bring you there.
You could contact Meorem by simply dumping in right next to him.

I haven't look far in to epic spells right yet, so making completely custom epic spells would come after I can't find another solution to the problem.

I have been asking question to figure out what the DF rules dealing with deities and try to to find out how far the rules bend. Still not sure how deity swift action work.

Does anyone know a method that grants regeneration that has a elemental weakness that isn't cold or fire?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:10:01 PM by Shadowmind »

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 08:33:19 AM »
I know one of the challengers had a decent regeneration. Let me see if I can dig that up.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
Okay to get rid of the iron curtain in 1 attack, will need
900d6 of maximized fire damage
450 if Intensified
225 if Twinned
112.5 if Energy Admixture. (If I am reading right you can have a Energy Sub[Fire] to a spell already with [Fire]. then have a [Fire][Fire] Energy Admixture.)

Current idea:
Need effective Binder 21+(Delay Death/Sphere of Annihilation)
Cleric 21+(Cleric spells)
Prestige Paladin,(=Cleric +1)(Certain Paladin spells)
RKV 7( =Cleric +5)(Extra swift actions)
Factotum 11(Extra Standard actions, Ignore SR/DR)
Psion 21+(Psion Powers/Psywar powers with Feats)
Wizard/Sorc 21+(Wizard spells)
Witch Slayer 2,(Mettle)
Cerebremancer(=Psion +10&Wizard/Sorc +10)(See Psion&Wizard/Sorc)
Artificer 9+(Item crafting feats, certain Infusions)
Difficulty is trying to fit all this in a 70ish HD build and maintain a good CL/ML. There is a reason I want an Epic version of fusion.

Just writing ideas so I don't forget them.
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:35:42 PM by Shadowmind »

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
Remember to get through his immunity to fire. Also, if you are concerned about damaging him, I have two pieces of advice: 1. If you need to think of that, you are dead already. 2. It is not very hard.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
  • Gunslinger, Descendent of Eld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »
You cannot use Energy Admixture to add the same element to something that it already is. There is no double "[fire][fire]" descriptor.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
From the BG Q&A thread there was this custom SDA:
Divine Spell Mastery
Prerequisites: Caster level 20 (or 10, see text), Divine Spellcasting, Key Ability Score 40+, Knowledge (arcana, religion, OR nature) 35 ranks, Spellcraft 35 ranks, Practiced Caster
Benefit: Through the deity's devotion to the art of spellcasting and its incredible skill in the area, the deity has exceeded the casting limits that would ordinarily be expected of it. The deity is always treated as having a caster level equal to its hit dice for the purposes of caster level checks and spell effects dependent on caster level. If the deity has multiple spellcasting classes, it must choose a single class to apply this benefit to, and the deity must have a caster level of 20 in that class. Deities with levels in a class whose caster level is 1/2 class level need only have caster level 10 to qualify, but deities who qualify via this method must apply the benefit to a class with 1/2 caster level progression, and deities who apply this ability to such a class are treated as having a caster level equal to half of their hit dice.

Tshern said a psionic version could be allowed in the Wotc  board. So I'm wonder if this SDA could be allowed

Divine Mastery:
Prerequisites:Effective Class level 20 in relevant class. Divine Rank 6
All level dependent abilities of the class are set equal to the Deities HD(ie Caster level, Manifester level, effective F . This bonus overlaps (does not stack with) with bonuses from any other source(ie Orange Ion stone, Monk's Belt,
Special: You can take this multiple times, selecting a different class each time.
If not what about
Just Divine Spell Mastery and a psionic version?

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »
Divine spell mastery actually got allowed? Surprising indeed, wonder what I was taking at the time.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »
From the BG Q&A thread there was this custom SDA:
Divine Spell Mastery
Prerequisites: Caster level 20 (or 10, see text), Divine Spellcasting, Key Ability Score 40+, Knowledge (arcana, religion, OR nature) 35 ranks, Spellcraft 35 ranks, Practiced Caster
Benefit: Through the deity's devotion to the art of spellcasting and its incredible skill in the area, the deity has exceeded the casting limits that would ordinarily be expected of it. The deity is always treated as having a caster level equal to its hit dice for the purposes of caster level checks and spell effects dependent on caster level. If the deity has multiple spellcasting classes, it must choose a single class to apply this benefit to, and the deity must have a caster level of 20 in that class. Deities with levels in a class whose caster level is 1/2 class level need only have caster level 10 to qualify, but deities who qualify via this method must apply the benefit to a class with 1/2 caster level progression, and deities who apply this ability to such a class are treated as having a caster level equal to half of their hit dice.

Tshern said a psionic version could be allowed in the Wotc  board. So I'm wonder if this SDA could be allowed

Divine Mastery:
Prerequisites:Effective Class level 20 in relevant class. Divine Rank 6
All level dependent abilities of the class are set equal to the Deities HD(ie Caster level, Manifester level, effective F . This bonus overlaps (does not stack with) with bonuses from any other source(ie Orange Ion stone, Monk's Belt,
Special: You can take this multiple times, selecting a different class each time.
If not what about
Just Divine Spell Mastery and a psionic version?

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Your request fills me laughter.

Sorry, but Not Allowed. You are all good enough optimizers to have CLs in the stratosphere without this anyway.
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 06:02:37 PM »
Divine spell mastery actually got allowed? Surprising indeed, wonder what I was taking at the time.

It was 2008 and you just started running the Tower. And, no one has even came close to beating the challenge and bigger numbers won't help much. That might be it?

I think I've gotten a build almost ready. I'm barely high 20s with Arcane/Divine/Psion caster/manifester levels before items. So that is a weak point.

Request Artifact:
Defense Grid:
Warforged component embedded
Grants:Evasion, Improved Evasion, Mettle, Improved Mettle.
Gain Touchsight out to 500 feet.

Precedence: Ring of Evasion: 25,000gp
Tarbard of Valor: Gain Mettle at half hp, improved mettle if already have mettle 16,000gp CChamp
Touchsight priced as 3rd level spell, 49th manifester level, duration continuous, epic 2,940,000.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
Is there a class that actually grants Improved mettle? It would make sense, but I am not sure if I have seen it in a class.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 07:34:47 PM »
Is there a class that actually grants Improved mettle? It would make sense, but I am not sure if I have seen it in a class.

Not that I know of, and  quick search on giantitp and BG turned up nothing. The Tarbard of Valor seems to be the only way to get it.

Current build
Warfoged CE
Factotum 1/Bard 1/Wizard 3/Psion 3/Cerebremancer 2/Ur-Priest 2/Sublime Cord 1/Psychic Theurge 7/Cerebremancer +8/Factotum +10/Binder 3/Anima Mage 10/Binder +8/Warblade 2/RKV 7/Prestige Paladin of Slaughter 2/
Is the build so far, using Martial Study/Stance to meet the RKV requirements.

Offline TravelLog

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:22 PM »
I had no idea improved mettle even existed to be honest. But your math checks out and it doesn't seem too unreasonable. Tentatively Allowed.
--Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
Warfoged CE
Factotum 1/Bard 1/Wizard 3/Psion 3/Cerebremancer 2/Ur-Priest 2/Sublime Cord 1/Psychic Theurge 7/Cerebremancer +8/Factotum +10/Binder 3/Anima Mage 10/Binder +8/Warblade 2/RKV 7/Prestige Paladin of Slaughter 2/
Doesn't that build only have +2 fortitude save bonus when you are entering Ur-Priest? If so, it doesn't qualify.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Mixster

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 08:14:24 PM »
Warfoged CE
Doesn't that build only have +2 fortitude save bonus when you are entering Ur-Priest? If so, it doesn't qualify.
He could just make it a savage bard.

1. Was Thrallherd a goer?
2. How about Fusion?
3. How about Metamind?
4. How about Schism?
5. Epic Seed Foresee says it can be used to see the future and thus can be combined with the Epic Seed Transport to get you anywhere, does this work?
6. Can I make custom Epic spells out of the Epic Seeds in the epic level handbook?
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »

Void Incarnate gives it split into Will and Fort parts (both of which it grants).

Offline Shadowmind

• There is no text here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »
Warfoged CE
He could just make it a savage bard.

1. Was Thrallherd a goer?
2. How about Fusion?
3. How about Metamind?
4. How about Schism?
5. Epic Seed Foresee says it can be used to see the future and thus can be combined with the Epic Seed Transport to get you anywhere, does this work?
6. Can I make custom Epic spells out of the Epic Seeds in the epic level handbook?

Or I could just move the Binder 11 just after Factotum, thus increasing saves and bab.

Metamind using Temporal Reiteration for Font of Power has already been disallowed by Tshern. Without that Fusion doesn't have a long enough duration to really have use of, except maybe niche uses regarding the other 3 party members.
Is Dispater immune to [teleport]? I don't see it in Cosmic or Divine immunity.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »

Void Incarnate gives it split into Will and Fort parts (both of which it grants).
Thanks. I was hoping for a low level way of doing that for my future characters, but I guess that is not going to happen. Oh well.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys