Author Topic: I Need Some Help. Please Read.  (Read 19810 times)

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
Re: I Need Some Help. Please Read.
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Have you chatted with landlord and explained things?  He isn't willing to cut slack at all?
Yeah, I did, and he just shrugged and said I had 10 days to get him the rent money.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 11:59:47 PM »
Call the lcoal Department of Job and Family services and ask for the number for legal aid.  The lawyers work pro bono, and you'd be surprised how hard it is to get evictions reinforced in a timely manner.

Basically I'm saying you can fight this, and b the time its over you'll have a job and be able to pay.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2015, 01:09:19 AM »
You could even threaten to fight this and make it a huge hassle for your landlord.

Best to find a new place to move into right quick, in any case. Your landlord may try to screw you over in other ways.
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
I hope everything gets better for you. I know how if feels to be in a seemingly inescapable spiral of awful.

Just try to remember that it does get better eventually.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »
Hello, everyone. I have some good news and some...not so good news.

The good news is that I managed to get enough to cover the past due rent for last month and did not get evicted. Thank you so much to everyone who donated and spread the word. It was very much appreciated.

The bad news...

The bad news is that the job I have been training for over the last two months fell through. The security clearance was denied, and I cannot work with that company without the security clearance. I'm currently in the middle of disputing the denial and (as I have been) looking for another job, but the job situation really hasn't improved.

The best I can do at this point is to keep on keeping on, and continue doing my best.

I'd like to say I'm doing okay with the news, but damnit, I was really hoping this job would come through for me. I hate this. I hate this whole situation. Having the rug yanked out from under me hasn't left me in a good place. I worked so hard training for that security job, and now I find out that it was all a waste. It's...really disheartening, and I'm not sure why I even bothered at this point.

Really not sure what to do, beyond what I'm already doing.

But again, thanks everyone for your help. I can't say how much it means to me that people are willing to pitch in for a friend in need.

I'll do my best on my end. Thank you all for your support, and happy holidays to you all.

Garrett

PS, as a reminder, my GoFundMe is here.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »
Hello, everyone. I have some good news and some...not so good news.

The good news is that I managed to get enough to cover the past due rent for last month and did not get evicted. Thank you so much to everyone who donated and spread the word. It was very much appreciated.

The bad news...

The bad news is that the job I have been training for over the last two months fell through. The security clearance was denied, and I cannot work with that company without the security clearance. I'm currently in the middle of disputing the denial and (as I have been) looking for another job, but the job situation really hasn't improved.

The best I can do at this point is to keep on keeping on, and continue doing my best.

I'd like to say I'm doing okay with the news, but damnit, I was really hoping this job would come through for me. I hate this. I hate this whole situation. Having the rug yanked out from under me hasn't left me in a good place. I worked so hard training for that security job, and now I find out that it was all a waste. It's...really disheartening, and I'm not sure why I even bothered at this point.

Really not sure what to do, beyond what I'm already doing.

But again, thanks everyone for your help. I can't say how much it means to me that people are willing to pitch in for a friend in need.

I'll do my best on my end. Thank you all for your support, and happy holidays to you all.

Garrett

PS, as a reminder, my GoFundMe is here.

That is awful, I would throw some more cash your way but with Christmas coming up money is getting a bit tight here too. Sorry.

Still, best wishes and I hope everything gets better.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
Wow, that's horrible.  I wish I could help.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
I'll send a little something as soon as I get paid.  Won't be much but it'll keep you fed if you eat cheap.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 03:16:52 PM »
Brutal.

That's almost a classic bait-and-switch,
but I'd guess that it's legal in AR.
Free Legal might have some help here.
And might provide leverage to get back in.

Hang in there.
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »
Rubik has been helping me a lot. It looks like going to various forums online, especially those based around D&D and that are familiar with my work, seem to be good places to ask for help. He's personally PM'd just shy of 1,000 people (991, to be exact; he's kept track so as not to bug the same people multiple times), and it's gotten a decent enough response. I think he's gotten better results than I have, considering that I'm asking for me, but he's asking for a friend.

If anyone wants to help, he's basically using a form letter and sending it out via PM. He's...really been helpful. I love the man, but I honestly don't know how to pay him back for how hard he's worked at this.

Here's the letter he's been sending:

Code: [Select]
Hey, I'm trying to get the word out for [url=http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=16368.0]a problem[/url] my friend is having.

It's been updated since then; make sure to read the posts near the end.

If you know anyone who might be willing to help, pass the word along, okay? Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:18:19 PM by Lycanthromancer »

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
And here's a list of everyone (mostly on Giantitp) he's contacted. Was copied and pasted from an Excel sheet:

(click to show/hide)

[edit] I've gotten a few PMs from a couple of other people who've also been helping. The names of those they've contacted have been added to the list.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:47:24 PM by Lycanthromancer »

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »
I'll send a little something as soon as I get paid.  Won't be much but it'll keep you fed if you eat cheap.
I really do appreciate the help you've been giving me. Thanks a lot.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 05:11:36 PM »
Is no problem.  Wish I could send more but it's lean times december and january at work.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2015, 01:34:06 AM »
Donated, BTW.  Enjoy!

Offline Lycanthromancer

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2015, 09:30:33 AM »
Donated, BTW.  Enjoy!
Thanks for that. Every bit is appreciated.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »
Hang in there.
People can't help themselves, they're mean, they just are.

Spend a day just looking at the clouds.
Then, get mad.
Get mad at all of them ;  the people,
not the clouds, hell some of the clouds.

Get mad at my kitty avatar's Tail  too.
(although the line is rather long on that one , sigh)
Your codpiece is a mimic.