Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XI :What Do you Want to Bitch About?  (Read 9642 times)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rants Thread XI :What Do you Want to Bitch About?
« Reply #960 on: August 12, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »
We bought eclipse glasses from amazon months ago, and this morning got an email that they might be fake and we were getting a refund. Except now EVERYWHERE is sold out of glasses that aren't absurdly expensive. FML

These guys are seeing if they've got any left in stock.

Also you might be interested in going to a Library or NASA event which might be able to provide you with glasses.
We're going on vacation to South Carolina to see it... but I managed to find someone at work who has extra pairs I can buy!!
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • (un-) Amazingly Unproductive
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 12, 2017, 03:56:54 PM »
That blows.
Nansh' got the right links.
My Venus transit glasses are 5 years old (2 too much) and the previous standard not the current.  I'm bummed I thought I wuz ready.

AAS says welding glass of #13 and #12 are OK (most sources say just #14s).
The detail is 3/4ths the way down ---> https://aas.org/media/press-releases/aas-offers-updated-advice-safely-viewing-solar-eclipse
avatar#3 , gravitational lensing edition ... I'm way on the other side of the universe but look like pretty rings

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 12, 2017, 07:28:14 PM »
So...

Yesterday one of the coworkers did his inside patrols chatting with his gf about random stuff on his phone without hat and glasses as is his wont (all of which are forbidden).  He was apparently fairly engrossed with the significant other about her friends romantic life so much he didn't notice he had wandered into the clients HR office.  Or that it was occupied.

Which is why he probably felt free to say "Just tell her to lick his fuckin' balls and he'll quite whining."

We just got the contract in March...

Offline Nanshork

• Epic Member
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 12, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »
What is wrong with the people that you work with?
Nanshork's "Notes to Self" (Extended Signature Thread)

Offline Keldar

• What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 12, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »
They're clearly orcs.  Bhu has cow-orkers.

Offline Nanshork

• Epic Member
  • Boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 12, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
They're clearly orcs.  Bhu has cow-orkers.

:lmao
Nanshork's "Notes to Self" (Extended Signature Thread)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 13, 2017, 08:37:59 PM »
Same guy called off last night, starting a shitstorm over who would cover him.  First shift agreed to do a 12 hour day to cover half his shift, but she had no sleep.  I come back from patrol and she's out cold with the gate wide open and a guy who needs to sign in next to her.  Just sort of hovering.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 14, 2017, 05:17:19 PM »
Update on my last post: The new shifty was not talking to his gf on the phone, he was talking to a guard about another female guard (who was listening). Said female guard has lost a lot of time due to Type 1 diabetes, and is being pressured to work double shifts to fill holes in the schedule because "If she makes up the hours she missed HR has agreed to let us keep her." But the 16 hour shifts set off her diabetes, making her miss more time.

Then there's the stalker. Guy calls u with an accent so thick as to be unintelligible, and after 15 minutes you finally get the idea: his wife/gf was working overtime and didnt come home. And something about he cant find her son. Then I learn we've been getting these calls for a week or more, always 10 minutes after shift so that both her and her boss are unavailable to talk to. Wy the hell wouldn't you call cops? Why call us when we know squat, and aren't really allowed to investigate?

And then I find out no one has documented any of this. No emergency call logs, no incident reports, nothing. She could actually be missing, or this guy is a stalker. In either case the right people need to be told.

And I meet the new kid who is basically fucking worthless as he doesn't like third shift, constantly falls asleep, and refuses to do his job. Plus openly admits he pulls over every night on the drive home because he isn't safe.

I expect a lot of profanity use in my future.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • (un-) Amazingly Unproductive
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: Yesterday at 05:33:16 PM »
The HBOvicesomething show (wtf-access) has an entire feature on the Charlottesville dudes, the night before.  Free pub for them is their opinion, language is horrible, and note what they say about Trump's family.  Maybe youtube has it.

Ugg , I caught a dude or two like that every weekend I drove cab.
avatar#3 , gravitational lensing edition ... I'm way on the other side of the universe but look like pretty rings