Author Topic: Tomb of Annihilation mini's  (Read 2495 times)

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
Tomb of Annihilation mini's
« on: July 26, 2017, 10:55:28 PM »
So, 5e D&D will be revisiting Acererak and the Tomb of Horrors with a new iteration, the Tomb of Annihilation, an adventure that will come out later this year (September, I think).

As they've been doing of late, they are releasing a "Tomb of Annihilation" mini set, that will at least partly showcase minis of creatures/characters that will appear in Tomb of Annihilation.  WotC has taken to doing what Pathfinder has done with the minis, having case incentive sets to entice stores/people to order an entire case of minis.  The case incentive for the Tomb of Annihilation minis is pretty sick, and I might just have to order a case for the first time ever, so I can order this set, Tomb and Traps:

I know it is all just dungeon dressing, but that leering green devil face ... I just have to have it...

There is a chance one of my weekly games will lead to my PC's visiting the Tomb of Horrors, and I have Return to the Tomb of Horrors in the ready, if they want to follow that plot hook.

I had posted the above information in the temporary Storm-Shelter board, but when we resurrected the boards here, it just got forgotten and left behind.

This set came out today, and my FLGS had ordered a single case (plus incentive).  About four weeks back I went in and asked about pre-ordering, planning to pre-order a case so I could get the case incentive set.  Since I was the first to ask about it, the owner let me "pre-order" (ie - prepay) 1/4 of a case (a brick of 8 boosters), and then also claim and pre-pay for the case incentive he was getting.

Picked them up this afternoon, and the case incentive stuff is pretty cool.  The portal, green devil face, and sarcophagus are definitely great pieces, and I got a handful of good and useful rare and/or Large mini's that I'll actually use in a game, as well as some decent common minis that will see use in my games.  A few of them seem *meh* and are things I'll probably never use, but overall I'm quite pleased (especially since the FLGS charged me lower than MSRP because I bought so much, and I'm already seeing the Green Devil Face going for $25 and the portal for $20 on ebay; I basically paid $50 for the whole case incentive.  Now I have trap tiles and gold piles too).

Here are some pictures for scale.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Tomb of Annihilation mini's
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »
That green face looks pretty confused. :lmao

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 01:21:59 AM »
So the green devil face looks nice in the first picture, seeing it from above.
But the last picture that shows it from the front is incredibly

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
They are also in a deal with WizKids to release a Tomb of Annihilation minipack in September too.
Link.