Author Topic: It's time to sports!  (Read 48609 times)

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
Re: It's time to sports!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 12:22:42 AM »
So I found out something interesting about college hockey today.  Division 1 has one of its conferences dissolving, and two new ones coming in.  ONe of them: Big 10.  Yes, that Big 10.  So Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. are all going to be facing teams like Maine and BC.  NOt only that, but Notre Dame is joining Hockey East.  Its regular season is going to be filled with battling against the best of division 1.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • White, Fuzzy, Sniper Rifle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
I wonder if this will be enough to make me a Hockey fan...

Eh, maybe collegiate hockey.  The NHL barely even pretends that their sport is anything more than a street fight on ice skates.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »
hooray!  Manning is not going to Frisco!  This means we can keep Smith and actually be good next year!

He's going to Denver according to the news that just aired (literally seconds ago), so I even get the added "screw you!" to Tebow.  DOn't think I could have chosen a better place for him.  Just.....just please.....somebody I don't care about take Tebow......
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
I wonder what would happen if Denver did this and then moved Tebow to WR/TB...

That could actually be pretty scary to defend against with a Manning at QB.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
Nope, Tebow just got traded to the Jets.  Weird...
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
Yeah... don't the Jets HAVE a good QB?

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
Tebow=running back.  he needs to run with the ball.  If that were to happen, he'd be amazing.  I'm not sure if he can catch or not, but if he could, then yeah, tight end probably, not WR.

On QBs: they are getting so shuffled right now that I'm not sure who's staying where.  Brady's still at NE at least, but....everyone else?

I really hope Smith stays with the Niners.  They should have won this last season, it just....the Giants got lucky.  So imagine a more experienced version of that team next year.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »
Smith signed a 3-year deal with the niners, so I think you're ok.

I dunno if I'd call Sanchez GOOD, but he's not awful.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline zugschef

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 01:53:21 PM »
hooray!  Manning is not going to Frisco!  This means we can keep Smith and actually be good next year!
harbaugh can easily get kaepernick or tolzien to match awex' production of last year. we're talkin' about 3000 yards, 17 touchdowns and a horrible 3rd down statistic. and don't give me turnovers... dude took so many sacks in so few pass attempts, it's not even funny. manning would have made the niners the super bowl favorites (on paper). but well... peyton obviously didn't want the pressure to go up against the superior competition in the nfc. as a niners fan you can only hope that kaep beats out smith in training camp.

btw: LOL @ Saints and Jets

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »
In a small-scale look, the University of Iowa recruits a lot of Quarterbacks and then moves them to wide receiver, so it seems that it's a relatively easy transition for a generic QB to make.  So yeah... Tebow could be a better player on offense just about anywhere *except* QB.  We can't be the only people that realize this, so I think the deal might be as simple as Tebow doesn't *want* to play anything other than QB.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
That might be it.  I mean, who gets all the benefits (aka, money and fame)?  The supporting players, or the QB?  Not that I'm saying he's greedy, but still.  After watching that guy run, he really can run with the ball.  He just isn't a good QB.  Or linesman, not really built for that one, so you have to cut that out of the running for him.

I wouldn't say that about Alex.  See, I think more of the problem was an inexperienced offensive line.  The entire one.  He got better as the season went on, so I think next year it'll be great, especially with that defense.  Although there is no doubt that they do need a better offense.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
Somebody has to re-write the
Charlie Daniels song: The Devil Went Down To Georgia
... into something like: The Tebow Went Up To NewYork.

{ ... insert can't find the appropriate half-jesus smiley face ... }
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
Two hockey related things happening today: first, it's the final day of the regular season for the NHL.  Hockey all day!  Second, it's the NCAA championships.  Ferris St and Boston College.  I'm gonna need you guys' help: let's go the team that's not BC, whoever Ferris St is!  BC: ranked 1 in the nation.  Ferris State: unranked.  Yeah, it's gonna be a major upset if they win....

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »
So apparently it's Fighting Day in the NHL.  Well, Sunday was.  I seriously haven't seen violence that severe in hockey ever before.

Offline wotmaniac

• Legendary Member
  • Procrastinator in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
So apparently it's Fighting Day in the NHL.  Well, Sunday was.  I seriously haven't seen violence that severe in hockey ever before.
And I'm fucking pissed.
If the Pens to clean up their act on Wednesday and produce some proper Penguins Hockey, I can actually see Bylsma potentially losing his job.
That was just unacceptable.  This is not the same team that I've been watching all year.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »
Oh yeah.  And they got three suspensions from that game.

In related news, I'm pissed.  Chicago needs to win this series now.  For Hossa!  I'm going to be very surprised if Torres does not get suspended for at least a game.  I hope he's out for the next 3 at least (enough for Chicago to win the series).  When you send a guy out on a stretcher, you don't deserve to play the game.  At least, not when intentional like that.  Only way I can see something like that not drawing a major suspension at least is if you end up out of control with no way to stop and hit someone.  Maybe you're checked down and in the process of losing your balance you accidentally kick someone's legs out.

EDIT: Update on Torres: he's out for 25 games.  That's a minimum of the entire post season for them.  And you know what?  They aren't going to have a post season.  They have three more games until they are eliminated.  Because Chicago's gonna win.  So nyah.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:49:12 PM by dman11235 »

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
I'm happy Vancouver dropped. And I hope after today the two cupless girls have the Blackhawks and Rangers to keep them company.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
YOu're happy Vancouver dropped?  I'm mad that LA went on.  You do have one thing right though: screw New York.  But Chicago?  Chicago's going on.  They'd better.  Two of my teams are already out (San Jose and Pittsburgh), so I've only got two teams left (Chicago and Boston).

EDIT: better hope harder on that New York elimination thing.  Ottawa needs to start playing better.

EDIT2: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Okay, the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen, happened.  F you refs for your continued "vigilance" in this series, F you Torres for trading a not so great player for the best player and making the sport look bad, and F you Smith for being as lucky as you are.  Seriously freaking lucky.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:47:06 PM by dman11235 »

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »
Happy Birthday, Wrigley Field.  It's 98 years old today.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 05:09:13 AM »
YOu're happy Vancouver dropped?  I'm mad that LA went on.  You do have one thing right though: screw New York.  But Chicago?  Chicago's going on.  They'd better.  Two of my teams are already out (San Jose and Pittsburgh), so I've only got two teams left (Chicago and Boston).

EDIT: better hope harder on that New York elimination thing.  Ottawa needs to start playing better.

EDIT2: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Okay, the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen, happened.  F you refs for your continued "vigilance" in this series, F you Torres for trading a not so great player for the best player and making the sport look bad, and F you Smith for being as lucky as you are.  Seriously freaking lucky.
From the very beginning I was hoping for Vancouver and Pittsburg to drop. I don't like the Sedin brothers, Crosby is a pesky whiner (a brilliant player, however) and I generally prefer Flyers to Penguins. Got nothing against Chicago, but I had bet some money on Phoenix trumping them, so I am happy.

Now, if only Boston would drop Washington...
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys