Author Topic: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z  (Read 80281 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2018, 01:14:48 AM »
Ever seen Outlaw Star? Their ships have arms.

Yeah that's something along what I had in mind, clarified.

The magic-shooting gun was nice.
Yeah it was, Outlaw Caster added to personal equipment and Mega Outlaw Caster to special weapons.

Grappling guns.

Check out the Hook line of special weapons on the Arsenal.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:21:09 AM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2018, 01:30:50 AM »
No limit on the type of spells Outlaw Caster can fire? I mean I wouldn't like stuff like wish or miracle on bullets as one bad example. Mostly just cause it doesn't make sense. Summon spells don't make sense either as another example.

I know from TC X0 Lt 0X's scroll crafting handbook that you can make most any spell for almost nothing if not for free in scroll form with enough effort, as an aside in relation to being able to use craft scroll to make bullets for it.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2018, 01:38:00 AM »
I would say that if you already have a source of free wish/miracle scrolls, you don't really need an Outlaw Caster to abuse them, you could just use the scrolls the normal way, but you've got a point so added a clause that Caster Shells can't have their price reduced/ignored by any means. The Mega Outlaw Caster specifies the pilot themselves must pay any extra costs themselves when shooting thus bypassing any crafting shenigans.

As for summoning bullets, that's actually a thing here and there. Like the whole plot of Fire Emblem Heroes is that the player character has a pair of guns that summon heroes.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:39:33 AM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2018, 01:41:53 AM »
Well getting the weapon enhancement to the spell DCs is pretty worth getting one when you can have free bullet spells with it.

Well FEH is totally just non canon fan service, come on  :lmao
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:43:41 AM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2018, 01:54:37 AM »
Besides now having discount options removed, take in account the Outlaw Caster has somewhat limited range and single-target spells that would be auto-hit now need an actual attack roll.

And "non canon fan service" would be a pretty exact way of describing Super Robot Wars games in general. :lmao

So, what about Valcazard's final attack?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2018, 02:59:41 AM »
Fair enough.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2018, 03:07:22 AM »
If I'm a moon vanguard, do I need to go to a base to reload my Mega Outlaw Caster, or is Moon Bitch Clarketech just that advanced, that it reloads the shells as part of its daily refresh of the ammo and suchlike?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:13:16 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 11, 2018, 12:54:38 AM »
To play in the safe side, not even Moon Bitch Clarketech can reload a Mega Outlaw Caster, will need to go to a proper base.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 11, 2018, 03:02:41 AM »
What if I reconfigure it to get rid of the old one and replace it with a different one, that just happens to be loaded with the same spell?

Also, just to check, if I'm a Moon Vanguard, will my Internet Explorer maneuvers work on the fleshies, or do they only work vs mecha?

One more thing, if I'm a Tactical Leader and I have decided to start giving more Aggressive Orders, could I go back to just shouting non-specific but generally motivating things, instead of changing to Defensive Orders or whatever? And does having a Star-Lotus Ship make me Captain enough, or would I have to settle for having X be half my level?

And another thing, if I'm a Wonderful Shrine Maiden Of Paradise with a big enough holy symbol, can my mecha use it as a flail?

Additionally, if I'm a multiclassed Moon Vanguard/Einst Queen, and my nanoarmour is mimimcing a non-generic real, can I replace in-built weapons with bioweapons?

The mecha cannot have any armor or clothing for the benefits to be gained while piloting.

So, wait, mechs can wear clothing? I can make a dress for my GUNDAM? HOW DID IT TAKE ME THIS LONG TO REALISE THIS?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:40:24 PM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2018, 05:01:43 AM »
What if I reconfigure it to get rid of the old one and replace it with a different one, that just happens to be loaded with the same spell?
That's impossible since there's no different Outlaw Caster to replace, there's only one model so reconfiguring an Outlaw Caster into an Outlaw Caster is just a waste of reconfiguration.

Also, just to check, if I'm a Moon Vanguard, will my Internet Explorer maneuvers work on the fleshies, or do they only work vs mecha?
Internet Explorer also affects meatbags as seen in the real world.

One more thing, if I'm a Tactical Leader and I have decided to start giving more Aggressive Orders, could I go back to just shouting non-specific but generally motivating things, instead of changing to Defensive Orders or whatever?
When you can apply a Tactical Leader option, you can reverse the leader aura to "normal" instead.

And does having a Star-Lotus Ship make me Captain enough, or would I have to settle for having X be half my level?
A star-lotus ship would be limited to half level yes.

And another thing, if I'm a Wonderful Shrine Maiden Of Paradise with a big enough holy symbol, can my mecha use it as a flail?
Yes, but it would still be a non-mecha weapon.

Additionally, if I'm a multiclassed Moon Vanguard/Einst Queen, and my nanoarmour is mimimcing a non-generic real, can I replace in-built weapons with bioweapons?
Yes.

The mecha cannot have any armor or clothing for the benefits to be gained while piloting.

So, wait, mechs can wear clothing? I can make a dress for my GUNDAM? HOW DID IT TAKE ME THIS LONG TO REALISE THIS?

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 16, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
1: Okay, so what if i reconfigure to get rid of it, then reconfigure to have it again? Or, less wastefully, reconfigure to have one loaded with a different  spell?

2: If I'm just a lone Moon Vanguard, no Pilots in my party, are there even bases for me to resupply at?

3: Fluffwise, if my Nano-Armor has an E.V.A system, what is happening? Is it a cyborg or...what's going on there?

4: Actually, I usually just ignored Riverside View due to it requiring an acceptance of mortality, but are battleships boats? What about seaships or submarines?

5: With Ammo Rack, do we round up or down?

6: Do I strictly need to dabble in the Forbidden Arts to give my mech fabulous cable hair or can I just give it the hair without going through the whole hulabaloo of tracking down the lost scrolls that tell of Immortal Smoke or the Fate Of Sixty Years or whatever?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:34:07 PM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2018, 02:48:12 AM »
1: Okay, so what if i reconfigure to get rid of it, then reconfigure to have it again? Or, less wastefully, reconfigure to have one loaded with a different  spell?
You end up with an empty Mega Outlaw Caster because no special abilities can make mega caster shells. Please don't ask anymore if special ability can make mega caster shells. They can't.

2: If I'm just a lone Moon Vanguard, no Pilots in my party, are there even bases for me to resupply at?
Yes, don't even need to look that high tech. There's always some forgotten super prototype stuff buried around if you know what you're looking for.

3: Fluffwise, if my Nano-Armor has an E.V.A system, what is happening? Is it a cyborg or...what's going on there?
Implying anybody knew what was going on the original evangelion.

Although the name may bring memories of cyborgs, an E.V.A. system's actual technical details are still completely up to the player.

4: Actually, I usually just ignored Riverside View due to it requiring an acceptance of mortality, but are battleships boats? What about seaships or submarines?
Those would work too yes.

5: With Ammo Rack, do we round up or down?
Up.

6: Do I strictly need to dabble in the Forbidden Arts to give my mech fabulous cable hair or can I just give it the hair without going through the whole hulabaloo of tracking down the lost scrolls that tell of Immortal Smoke or the Fate Of Sixty Years or whatever?

Sure thing.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2018, 03:08:26 AM »
Okay, sorry For bothering you, I'm just the kind of guy who wants to be sure about these things.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2018, 03:42:11 AM »
Thank you for your understanding, and it's still better to ask to be sure than never do.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »
Internet Explorer 1st level Maneuver "Your System is Infected"

What happens if your basic attack as part of the maneuver is an AOE attack? Does it still only apply to one of multiple enemies or does it apply to all enemies successfully hit?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 23, 2018, 12:02:45 AM »
All enemies successfully hit

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »
FYI, the Tactical Leader list got messed up as well, since you are presumably going to fix what got altered by this change
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:42:55 AM by Sweetiebot »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »
FYI, the Tactical Leader list got messed up as well, since you are presumably going to fix what got altered by this change

Nanshork said he'll work on fixing the forum code itself when he has the time and hopefully that will get the posts to show properly again. Otherwise I'll need to basically go all over my homebrew and try to clean it manually and let's just say I'm not looking forward to that because that would be a lot of stuff to look over and edit.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 30, 2018, 09:50:28 AM »
If I TOUHOU'd Lunatic Princess, and I make an Impossible Request, old or New, what happens?

Is it fine if I just have the treasure with me in the cockpit?

Does my ship manifest a Mecha-scale version of my Treasure?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 30, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »

Nanshork said he'll work on fixing the forum code itself when he has the time and hopefully that will get the posts to show properly again. Otherwise I'll need to basically go all over my homebrew and try to clean it manually and let's just say I'm not looking forward to that because that would be a lot of stuff to look over and edit.

It's definitely not just affecting you but it does seem to be related to what is probably your non-US keyboard setup.

I think it is a database issue, I'll work on it today.