Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177493 times)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
"It does not. But an exit may be formed again to go back. The reformation is temporary and clean. It requires no energy to undo."

The situation had a strong air of awkward, reaching critical levels.
"You have a long range communication device. It may be used to share your feelings and intents with us to spare you the effort of physically reaching us yourself. Now, I shall reconfigure myself while the data is being salvaged and will be warning you when it is complete."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »
Mao's search for any remains of the enemy pilots proves fruitless. There's not much as an hair or bone inside the wrecks, and even the inner circuits of the unknown machines have been methodically reduced to black dust. There's no visible series numbers on the plating remains either.

Ken's reply to Bahamut has some static noise mixed in:
I'm all right mistress, just some light bruises and burns! The ship bridge took heavy damage and the captain disapeared among the explosions, but the second officer managed to coordinate the crew to perform an emergency landing and they're already working on repairs. You need me to join you?

At Hugo's command, a roughly humanoid blob of red, dripping flesh materializes itself on the nearby ground and drags itself towards the Dome entrance, a massive pair of reinforced metal doors. They open automatically when the summon aproaches, revealing a dimly lit corridor behind barely tall enough to acommodate regular people, the ceiling covered with piping and the walls with unoworking terminals. The doors quickly close back after it has entered.  Mao can confirm the illusionary being keeps moving forward for some seconds until it stops, whitout suffering any damage or sudden position change.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:15:22 PM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
"Negative Ken, dome is too small. Will eject and send ZERO your way for assistance until needed." After that Bahamut closes the relay and shrinks back down to kid sized before ZERO's multiplate array opens up almost the entire front side (meant to allow entry & exit while in dragon form) allowing a short pink hair girl to walk in and see what the other two are up to (Mao and Hugo)

The girl is playing asteroids or something on the computer console but the guy seems to be staring at a door like he is unsure how to open it. Scratching her head she tries to recall his name but decides to omit one entirely, "Have you tried knocking on it?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2013, 11:05:46 PM »
"No, just checking for nasty surprises.

Mao, I'm going to check if the path further in is clear. I'll keep you apprised over the radio.

Baha, wanna come with?"
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
"Sure!" she says as chippy as ever.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
Sighing, Amaterasu prepared to draw her blade should it become necessary and trailing the others, hovering just above the ground for convenience. Less dirty this way--not that it mattered with her own drying blood--and she felt far more comfortable airborne.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2013, 09:08:44 AM »
Min-Yun shook her head slowly.
"Unnecessary, I can monitor from outside and accompany you within as well."

Seeing that the mecha was still being piloted by something, that somehow made sense.
She could tag along.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
"Riiiiiiiight... I'd forgotten the convenience of your brain BEING a computer." Hugo notes, completely serious.

"Where should we head first? Is there a standard emergency shelter somewhere?"

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »
The heavy main doors open simultaneously as you aproach, and then quickly close in after you moved inside, only the sound of circuits breaking the silence. After some seconds of walking, you meet with Hugo's summon, stoped at a crossed intersection-the path you came trough and three others, all separated by square angles. In front of you lays a powered teleport pad. To your right the corridor leads to a larger room that seems filled with sealed metal crates. And to your left the corridor turns out of your view, but there seems to be some light blinking behind the curve. All corridors are dimly lit, except for recesses on the walls where lay small flowers in hydroponic cultures, illuminated by stronger lamps.  They let out a fragrant delicate smell. The whole place has clear signs of use and wear, with small scratches on the floor and metal here and there, but you can't spot any signs of violence of recent activity.

Then as you go check the maps suplied to you by Maia 279, you quickly realize they don't match the area you're in.  After the main entrance you should've moved right away into a large reception hall. The layout is clearly completely diferent, despite the data you had been provided matching the rest of the area pretty well.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:28:32 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
Having been unable to completely slow down, and in any case not wanting everyone else to be between her and the fighting, Amaterasu had pushed and wriggled her way to the front, where she now hovered above the intersection, wondering which way they should head. If they were coming in after survivors, then.

"Hey, radar girl, which way to go?"

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
Min-Yung's head did not move as she brought her visor over her face and apparently kept staring forward, her attention elsewhere.
"Analyzing."

She paused for a brief moment.
"I have many life-form signature readings across the structure. I found noted them earlier and they do not seem to have changed since then, which is a good sign, I believe. They are grouped in pairs. They are all relatively close but at different floors. One pair is at this floor, 90 feet westward. Another such pair is right below us, 70 feet under - which is peculiar. Perhaps we could start with the one below us and meet them all on the way up?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
"Unless you see a specific way down, I suggest we deal with the group closest to us in both distance and elevation. Makes for a faster rescue."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »
"I cannot offer a layout of the area without sending drones away to scan it but I can try to open a tunnel to reach them. Though I cannot manage for bigger than a 5 by 8 ft. entryway without inflicting permanent damage to the structure."

She made a few more calculations on other possible courses of action but didn't add more to her answer.
She retracted her visor and confirmed their initial trajectory.
"Shall we try to go below? I estimate it to currently be the signature of greatest interest for our purposes here."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
"Heading to the area where there isn't meant to be anything seems kind of... stupid. At least civilian areas need to be modified to include overkill deathtraps," Amaterasu opined, not fancying the idea of heading beneath the dome to where there shouldn't be stuff.

Unless they'd included basements. But hey, she liked heading up.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
"If you figure we will take about as much time going downward as otherwise, then we may as well. But be ready for anything. I don't think they're there because of hidden passageways."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
"If we're going down, I don't think that we're likely to stop going down if it goes even deeper, so my instincts are to head upwards first. Might forget about heading to the top once we've finished going in the other direction."

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
Min-Yung looked at Amaterasu quizzically. Processing.
"I do not understand your logic. The two lifeforms have been at that location for a moment and I have not registered any disturbance of their condition as of yet, so the perimeter seems secure to their kind at the very least. Chances of encountering 'overkill deathtraps' during this direct conduit are very low."

She turned to Hugo.
"Maybe less. But acute vigilance is always recommended, as always."

Amaterasu's next comment took her a little more time to process.
"Gravity should not be a problem, if that is your concern. If you have a tendency to experience memory loss issues I can assure you of my ability to store, compress and retrieve information. The possibility of my systems getting corrupted aside, I am confident that forgetting to investigate these other lifeform signatures is unlikely."
A short pause.
"If you have an anxiety disorder related to claustrophobia, I offer to investigate alone and report my analysis of these signatures. My shell can navigate beyond space and matter so returning to your position is a non-issue. You may even simultaneously proceed to contact the signatures on this floor to optimize on time-efficiency."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
Two eyes, one biological and one robotic, fixed Min-Yung with a blank look as Amaterasu tried to work out just what the hell the girl had done to leap to such conclusions. Did she seriously think that she meant literal instincts? If those were an issue, she'd be complaining about the lack of heat; not the direction they were heading.

"Uh... I just meant that we know how tall this place is. We know how high up it goes. Seems better to me to deal with the civilian areas before we go down to a place that shouldn't be there and might go on far longer. Probably more dangerous down there, too, it's not meant for occupation. Probably."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2013, 10:24:14 PM »
Hugo sighed. "We DO have communication devices. We could just as easily split up. If we advance at mostly the same rate to check on each lifeform signal, we can double back to either of the two other groups in case assistance is required. Our biggest advantage is, after all, that we know their approximate locations and that they're stationary at the moment."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »
Her face placid.
"Apologies. I meant to explain that these signatures are right below us and the objective was to contact them. There is no concern for exploration of what may be further below yet. As such that operation should be rather swift and direct."

She turned to Hugo.
"Indeed."

If the splitup was agreed to, she would partially enter cyber-reality and phase through the floor, diving down to reach the signature.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:41:51 AM by Anomander »