Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177037 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »
She pauses slightly in confusion at the doll appearing in front of her, reaching for it at first but then changing her mind and trying to wave it away instead in annoyance. "Ah, ahem, I suppose I may need one of those comm devices too, just in case, wouldn't I."

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2013, 01:29:21 AM »
"That would be wise. Here, have this one." He hands over another comm device.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »
"Of course you can proceed... Mao. I will ensure you will have your quarters ready as soon as possible inside the Götterdämmerung.
As for communication devices, I do think I have one somewhere, but I do accept to get one of yours ; nevertheless, I will be able to communicate with any of you from my Bridge.

if you may pardon me, I need to go first inside my own to be sure your accomodations are done correctly."

"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
She didn't need much accommodations besides available supplies considering she had no tactile sense of comfort, but the intention was touching.
Once everyone would have a communication device she'd send them a signal to have them memorize her frequency.

Unless passage would be restricted she would make her way to the bridge.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »
"Are we moving metalheads around?" she asks, having no clue what is going on.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 11:28:16 PM »
"We are getting ready to board the ship, princess. If you want to bring your robot with you on our adventure, it would be wise to make sure it is loaded. Here comes mine now."

Aden had previously made arrangements with spaceport authority to transport and load his mecha and had signaled the destination bay shortly after the initial meeting. Port workers handed his Boxer over to the crew of the Gotterdamerung, who loaded on the ship without ceremony. Compared to the massive bulk of Yatagarasu, it looked downright dainty.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:34 AM »
For its huge bulk, the Yatagarasu seemed to be having no trouble maneuvering itself into the ship, once its owner was off of its shoulder and stood on the ground, investigating the comms device with a look of consternation. It seemed so easily broken... where the hell should it go? Pocket? Might get crushed when everything got larger. Hm...

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 10:43:28 AM »
Baha pulls out her phone again and speed dials someone, "Hello Ken-chan, bring metalhead... Oh you are! Oooh thank you thankyouthankyou. Ok I love ya byebye."

Turning back to the rest, "Kenny is already doing it. What should we do next?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
"Let's play hide-and-seek. I'll be 'it' first."

Hugo makes a show of covering his eyes and starting to count.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »
She stands there with her arms crossed wondering if Hugo is just trying to get rid of her. But then she can't resist the temptation and chases after Mao.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2013, 03:13:46 PM »
Pocketing the device Aden hands her, Katherine looks over to catch Hugo and Baha suddenly starting a game of hide and seek. Maybe they did still have time to spare, but... "I feel like we're going to get distracted...often..."

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »
When she noticed Baha striding her way, she offered her a simple nod from a distance, if only to confirm that she acknowledged her presence.
Her walking pace did not change. She was in no hurry.
Min-Yung didn't expect her to be there for her and assumed that she was probably just on her way to the bridge too.
Not being a particularly social entity, she wouldn't initiate any conversation. Mostly again out of the assumption that people rarely speak to robots when they have no queries or some other kind of order for them, and Min-Yung did not enjoy imposing herself unto others.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
With your preparations being finished and Ragol's orbit just a few minutes away, Maia 279 comes to handle you your photon crystal identifications, a floating green circle surrounded by blue code.

Those also contain the compressed data about Ragol's colony's gathered from its last sucessful reports, including the location  facilities that had been finished and in construction before all communications broke down.

The Protectora XVI will stay in stationary orbit for the next week. But if possible, try to return whitin 24 hours for a first report of the situation in the planet. That will be all. The Götterdämmerung is free to undock and descend into Ragol.

As you make your final aproach to Ragol, you can take a good look at its geography. Large oceans, two main land continents filled with forests, plains and some deserts, ice caps, a colonizer's dream world.

Then, as you enter the atmosphere, all communication channels with the Protectora XVI suddenly start emiting only static. You can't pick up anything coming from the planet below either.

Checking the data on your photon crystals, there seem to be three main areas that would look more promising when looking for any clues on what hapened:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:19:58 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
Amaterasu's decision was swift: head for where there were the most people. If anyone was still alive, they'd probably be there, and if anything was going to attack the colony--and therefore provide opponents--then it would also most likely attack the most densely populated region. As far as she was concerned, the decision was simple enough.

"I say we go for the Central Dome, there's most likely to be someone to rescue there," was all the tall female said, though: there was no reason to outright suggest that they should go where there were more things to fight. Even though she wanted to.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2013, 11:12:58 AM »
"Agreed. The largest population center is the logical place to start."

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Min-yung sternly watched the data. It brought her to her previous conclusions.
"There was no apparent sign of an external influence's attack or any conflict on the surface. If we can see nothing on the surface, the source of the disappearance is either undetectable or it comes from somewhere where we have little to no visibility. Under large amounts of trees, below the earth or under the sea.
The Kain Mines seem to have the better percentage of success as investigation ground, although no one zone in Ragol has odds above 5%. Gel Del Vel island is another option I find likeable. Good odds of finding survivors and a sound possibility of finding information in the ocean extraction sites."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
"Min raises an important point. The lack of external signs of struggle suggests whatever caused communication loss attacked from within. It could have used Kain Mines as an infiltration method, which means we would be sorely outnumbered - and with no mecha support, no doubt, especially given the size of some of our machines. We might just as easily end up 'disappeared' as the rest of the colonists.

Gel del Vel Island seems to me a priority target if we seek to uncover information first. Miss Ama* brings up something of import, however - the colonists may be awaiting rescue, and the longer we dally, the lesser their chances become. Although all locations have such a chance of finding survivors, the Central Dome would have definitely been able to mount the most significant resistance, or at least organize itself to survive longer.

Based on that, Gel Del Vel would be my vote, with the Central Dome a very close second."

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
You have a point, and the seas offer usually a good cover for hidden theats. However, Central Dome was the major point, the most heavily populated and defended area. This is there we should find survivors, or at least, most of the clues about the threat, thanks to a large settlement and the highest probability of organised defense from the colonists. I vote for the Central Dome, and Gel Del Vel as second. Said Abraxas, from his command post, right behind the large, gilded, preciously carved wooden helm of his starship.
In all aspects, the Gotterdämmerung was more a flying palace than a warship, and the bridge was no exception. The floor was covered with marble, the armoured walls sculpted and inlayed with silver, the vaulted ceilling covered by a magnificient fresco. The very air was agreably perfumed, not the ozone-ladden air usually found in warships.
While the pilots were gathered near the situation table and her holographic projection of the planet coming closer and closer, the bridge crew, under Abraxas' vigil, were guiding the Starship toward Ragol, the orchestra behind the Captain playing an ominous martial air. Slowly, in a fiery glow from the re-entry, the GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG was entering Ragol's atmosphere.
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
"Metalhead would he helpful if it's dangerous down there." Baha points out. Obviously not caring if they goto the central dome or the island dome, butot bringing their full strength against an unknown threat could get them killed.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »
Min-Yung analyzed the individual opinions, made the average. A little disappointed, yes, but it was important to be united and so did not mind bending to the majority.
"It seems the Central Dome is to be our first destination. For this first day we may put faith in the odds of finding easy information from a theoretical higher set of chances of finding survivors. But be aware that considering that the settlements are more numerous there than everywhere else, collateral damage is much more likely. It would be wise to select one's combat ressources with that in mind."