Author Topic: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z  (Read 80256 times)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Re: Great General Discussion and Suggestions II-Z
« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2019, 08:05:57 AM »
Hardpoints are supposed to be more of a Real Robot thing, top tier technology packages while Supers have more exclusive upgrades.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
As YuweaCurtis said.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 05, 2019, 06:57:53 AM »
Doea the penalty of Zero Arts apply to a weapons effects even if you use it for a manuever?

I'm assuming Zero Stance still only allows the use of one tactic feat at a time, is that right?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:14:59 AM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2019, 07:27:21 PM »
How does an Android's Integrated Weaponry interact with Monado Maiden since you're not piloting a mecha?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 06, 2019, 04:37:09 AM »
Doea the penalty of Zero Arts apply to a weapons effects even if you use it for a manuever?

I'm assuming Zero Stance still only allows the use of one tactic feat at a time, is that right?
-No, anything used with the maneuver would benefit and not suffer the penalty.
-Correct, it's either, not both at the same time.

How does an Android's Integrated Weaponry interact with Monado Maiden since you're not piloting a mecha?
You would be able to use it normally.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 08, 2019, 10:30:27 PM »
For Arsenal weapons, is Area(Burst) the same as Area(Explosive)?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 08, 2019, 11:38:13 PM »
That was a typo, Area (burst) was meant to be Area (explosive), fixed.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2019, 12:35:30 AM »
Time to finally finish looking at the classes (and review other stuff too)!

Support Staff
Can Module Change have one/both of the target mechas be enemies?

Mechanization is a nice mad scientist ability.  Does taking it multiple times let you add multiple abilities to the targets attacks?  It looks like that should be a yes but the language is odd.

Super Weapons are crazy (and also you have some unfinished ones).

I'm wondering if Mega Minion needs any restrictive language on Max HD, but then again you need to spend 3 specializations to get a 2 HD minion and the feat for more specializations can't be taken at 1st level.  Also, the machine minions should get the updates from Machine Mistress.

Drug Cocktail as written allows you to choose two drug options even if you don't know them.  Is this intentional?

I'm way too into seeing this class as a villain, that was unexpected.

Techno Thief
Looks good.

Skills
Look good.

Feats
Turbo Operational Universal High Overcharge Utility giving a battleship arms amuses me.

Entropy Elemental is crazy.

So many feats, I think everything else is okay.

Traits
Fine.

Races
Okay.

Spirits
Does Taunt continue doubling if used for more than 2 rounds?

That should be everything important except for the schools and prestige classes.

As a side note, it might make sense to let your SRW players rebuild their characters when in a situation where that would make sense to allow since there have been added classes and some significant changes (also since you've lost some players maybe the optimization could be toned back down :p).

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2019, 04:36:32 AM »
Time to finally finish looking at the classes (and review other stuff too)!
Yay!

Support Staff
Can Module Change have one/both of the target mechas be enemies?
Ups, not supposed to, added "willing allied" to that.

Mechanization is a nice mad scientist ability.  Does taking it multiple times let you add multiple abilities to the targets attacks?  It looks like that should be a yes but the language is odd.
Yes to multiple, clarified.

Super Weapons are crazy (and also you have some unfinished ones).
"Crazy" in which sense? Crazy awesome? Crazy borked? Crazy "not sure what to think about this"? :p

(also yes gotta finish them someday)

I'm wondering if Mega Minion needs any restrictive language on Max HD, but then again you need to spend 3 specializations to get a 2 HD minion and the feat for more specializations can't be taken at 1st level.  Also, the machine minions should get the updates from Machine Mistress.
Added HD cap equal to your own as well as the new upgrades.

Drug Cocktail as written allows you to choose two drug options even if you don't know them.  Is this intentional?
No, added clause that you must already know them both.

I'm way too into seeing this class as a villain, that was unexpected.
Excellent, seems like that front pic worked wonders in lulling you in a false sense of security. :smirk

although yes the support staff kinda started as hearty mechanic dude but then ended up with way more crazy evil scientist stuff

Techno Thief
Looks good.

Skills
Look good.
Good. :D

Feats
Turbo Operational Universal High Overcharge Utility giving a battleship arms amuses me.

Entropy Elemental is crazy.
Again, which kind of "crazy" exactly? :P

So many feats, I think everything else is okay.

Traits
Fine.

Races
Okay.
Also good.

Spirits
Does Taunt continue doubling if used for more than 2 rounds?
Yes.

That should be everything important except for the schools and prestige classes.
We're almost there! :sobbing

As a side note, it might make sense to let your SRW players rebuild their characters when in a situation where that would make sense to allow since there have been added classes and some significant changes (also since you've lost some players maybe the optimization could be toned back down :p).
Fair advice, but I recall everybody in the high-end campaign already overhauling their characters twice at least. -_-'

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2019, 06:05:21 AM »
All I ever did was change my mecha because the Supers had changed that much. Also try and fail to fix formatting. :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »
On Super Weapons, they are crazy "not sure what to think about this".

On Entropy Elemental, I think the language needs to be defined better. One of the options removes people from existence if they take sustenance from magic (IIRC). If I eat magic food does that count?

You can tell everyone it's my fault, I should have finished all of this forever ago.  :lol

I'm also somewhat tempted to try and join the high end campaign since you've lost players but I have no idea what I'd do.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2019, 11:53:22 PM »
On Super Weapons, they are crazy "not sure what to think about this".
Feel free to come to them later then after you had more time to think about them. Basic idea is that every a good chunk of mecha shows eventually have some kind of super weapon (or even multiple ones).

Something else I've been toying in with my mind is some feat/ability for more "classic" nukes, aka plain nuclear bombs. Basic idea is that they're somewhat more spammable but have a bunch of drawbacks (like making most people like you less) and mechas would be highly resistant to them so the nuke is only good for clearing low level/smaller stuff/terrain or used at point-blank range.

On Entropy Elemental, I think the language needs to be defined better. One of the options removes people from existence if they take sustenance from magic (IIRC). If I eat magic food does that count?
Yes.

If Erasure is too much, I can also replace with something less nasty like custom penalties that only go away once you've compensated all the magic sustenance you took with mundane stuff.

You can tell everyone it's my fault, I should have finished all of this forever ago.  :lol
Still better late than never. :P

I'm also somewhat tempted to try and join the high end campaign since you've lost players but I have no idea what I'd do.
You would be more than welcome.

The current party is basically two highly mobile damage dealers (Ketaro and Raineh Daze), arcane caster (Kuromaiken) and an arcane gish (YuweaCurtis), so some sort of divine caster or battleship captain would probably be best for helping round things up.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2019, 01:02:06 AM »
Most of Entropy Elemental feels like too much to be honest (especially at first level).  I don't see any reason not to take the feat at least once if you know you'll be okay meeting the pre-reqs.

Hmm, I did like ship captain.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2019, 01:04:26 AM »
We had a ship captain once.

They disappeared after about two posts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:23:56 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2019, 01:13:57 AM »
Yuwea has a ship captain cohort according to the character sheet thread

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2019, 01:29:11 AM »

They lasted longer than their ship did tho. Twice as long!

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:24 AM »
Yuwea has a ship captain cohort according to the character sheet thread

Correct, but they've just been used for ferrying people around and hasn't actually seen any combat action. Yuwea has another cohort for that.

They lasted longer than their ship did tho. Twice as long!

I'll take it as a good sign you still remember the campaign's beginnings. :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
I need to keep up this momentum.

Atreim Pilot
Looks like a good dual-progression PrC.

Conscience Android
Are the benefits of Empty Machine always active? Also, this is a powerful ability.

What is a synchro attack?

Machinery Warrior
Needs Sense Motive as a class skill.

I think that the rest is okay.

Soul Soldier
I think that the comments of "powerful but silly" sum it up pretty well.

I just remembered that while I looked at Arsenal I didn't do any reviewing. Just like with the real robots back when I started this, I'm not mathy enough to do an in-depth analysis of arsenal weapons.

I don't see the Rev tag explained anywhere.

Interference Driver(II) doesn't have any accessory tier restrictions like similar options, is this intentional?

Also, is Star Sniper done? It isn't in the index

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2019, 10:12:56 PM »
I need to keep up this momentum.
Great!

Which reminds me forgot to reply about this
Most of Entropy Elemental feels like too much to be honest (especially at first level).  I don't see any reason not to take the feat at least once if you know you'll be okay meeting the pre-reqs.
Null soul’s SR reduced from 15+PL to 11+PL, Shatter Soul’s first effect now only halves ability scores instead of erasure and offers chance to have a limited lifespan instead, undead/construct rampage only lasts 1d12 days, End of Magic halves ability scores until they make up for all the magic sustenance they took threefold plus makes them unable to benefit from magic sustenance ever again.

Now my reasoning for why they aren't auto-takes:
-Null Soul also blocks beneficial spells from other besides making you unable to use any of your own, I would say that's a pretty big risk on itself.
-Dimensional Decay really situational.
-Shatter Soul is probably useful more times than Dimensional Decay, but still lots of enemies aren't carrying around magic buffs. Enemy undead/constructs going in a rampage won't exactly help you defeat them while other immortal stuff can just choose the limited lifespan, you were going to destroy them either way. :p
-Rune Breaker can screw the rest of the party unless everybody plans for it and then basically everybody gives up on using magic items.
-End of Magic also kinda situational, this is that monster probably survived in a healthy diet of 100% organic humanoid meat and that's why you want to take them out anyway.

Atreim Pilot
Looks like a good dual-progression PrC.
Yay!

Conscience Android
Are the benefits of Empty Machine always active? Also, this is a powerful ability.
Yes always active. Too powerful?

What is a synchro attack?
Combo attacks with relationship feats.

Machinery Warrior
Needs Sense Motive as a class skill.
Done, threw in Ride and Swim too.

I think that the rest is okay.
Yay!

Soul Soldier
I think that the comments of "powerful but silly" sum it up pretty well.
Excellent.

I just remembered that while I looked at Arsenal I didn't do any reviewing. Just like with the real robots back when I started this, I'm not mathy enough to do an in-depth analysis of arsenal weapons.
Well Fzzr and Ckirk already pointed out the most problematic ones some time ago and I haven't done any significant updates to them since then, so it shouldn't be an urgent matter. Once everything else is taken care off I'll fine-check them again.

I don't see the Rev tag explained anywhere.
It's in mecha special properties.  -_-'

Interference Driver(II) doesn't have any accessory tier restrictions like similar options, is this intentional?
Ups, no, fixed. :blush

Also, is Star Sniper done? It isn't in the index
Could've sworn had already done so, seems like I either forgot to save the edit or was undone by that forum misbehaving some time ago. Added.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »
On entropy elemental: the feat now can't wreck everything at first level.  I think it looks a lot better with the changes.

I don't know if Empty Machine is too strong.  Arsenal doesn't get counted which is where a lot of bonuses come from.  The android still becomes something of a defensive powerhouse but it's not significantly worse than a Monado Maiden fighting non-mecha so it isn't as bad as my first reaction made it out to be.

Star Sniper looks good too.