Author Topic: [Reboot] Bookend History  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
[Reboot] Bookend History
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »
Now we need to create the starting and ending periods, defining the borders of our timeline.

In addition we need to define each period as "light" or "dark".

We can discuss and exchange ideas about the starting and ending periods, but please, if you've got a great idea about another aspect of the game, don't share! Keep it to yourself!
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: [Reboot] Bookend History
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »
So I guess I'll start - what do you think about a time frame between the current Eberron timeline and some time in the near(ish) future? Like 100 years from now?

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »
So I guess I'll start - what do you think about a time frame between the current Eberron timeline and some time in the near(ish) future? Like 100 years from now?
I know nothing about Eberron other than broad generalizations. (There's a guy called the Lord of Blades who's a bad guy, there was an apocalypse a long time ago, now it's all magipunk and airships / trains)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 08:16:10 PM »
I don't think House Cannith and/or the gnomes from Zilargo would be able to come up with space travel in 100 years... Especially the gnomes. They need to plot less and actually work more. As for Cannith, unless it's Merrix spearheading this initiative, no progress will be achieved.

This is, of course, for vanilla Eberron.

I am fine with 100... maybe 150 years. Make the ariship evolve into something that can actually reach the moons and visit the other planes... Including Tentacle Land.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 02:09:30 AM »
I mentioned a period that is relatively close to the Eberron timeline, because that way we can have some characters making appearances/cameos. I guess that due to this comment:

No:
Spaceships. Thus no space battles.
Which  might raise an eyebrow or 2 so specifically nothing can cross the mesosphere or stratosphere for whatever reason.

We can't actually have spaceships. So we need something else for space travel (portals?).

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:26:38 AM »
I mentioned a period that is relatively close to the Eberron timeline, because that way we can have some characters making appearances/cameos. I guess that due to this comment:

No:
Which  might raise an eyebrow or 2 so specifically nothing can cross the mesosphere or stratosphere for whatever reason.

We can't actually have spaceships. So we need something else for space travel (portals?).
I always was a fan of portals... Maybe a hub network, everyone moves to the one spot on the planet / moon / etc where there's the interstellar-level portals?

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 03:20:48 PM »

No:

I always was a fan of portals... Maybe a hub network, everyone moves to the one spot on the planet / moon / etc where there's the interstellar-level portals?

And if we are going to use Eberron as a base...

We could actually implement something like gates related to the moons in Eberron... Since Keith Baker (the setting creator)  suggested in his site that the moons are considered to have some sort of link with the other planes... Or maybe gates themselves.

Doing some more thinking on this....