Author Topic: Character Request  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Saroman

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Character Request
« on: August 25, 2017, 04:41:10 PM »
Hello friends... im about to start a campaign... that have a very house ruled system of character creation xD ( ALL BOOKS ALLOWED ) ( MAGIC ITENS ARE VERY GENEROUS )

Every atribute starts at 10 and i still have 30 points to spend... the points are 1 for 1. max 18.

There is a house ruled Half Dragon that im interested in playing... ( its a very powerfull race dont be surprised xD )
RACE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM

So there is still 3 classes available... Bard Cleric and Druid TBH im not the biggest fan of "Completely" game breaking classes xD So im favoring the bard here...

And i want some help of you guys... to make a decent bard... i think with that amount of points i can make a "do it all bard"... a caster two weapon fighter and buffer... or am i wrong?

There is also dragonfire inspiration that can be good since im already half dragon...

Anyway i need help :D too long i dont play 3.5...

Any advice or build to make a broken but plausible character is welcome :D

Armor Class: Natural +4

Special Attacks:  breath weapon deals 6d8 points of damage

Special Qualities: like the half dragon

Abilities: Str +4 Con +2 Int +2 Cha +2

LA: 0

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Character Request
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:55:29 PM »
What niches other than buffing are you going to need to cover? What does the composition of the rest of the group look like?

There are already good handbooks on this board for general barding, if you haven't seen them yet: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=399.0

Offline Saroman

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:46:50 AM »
Hello and thanks for taking time to answer me!

i was looking to be able to cast lvl 9 spells and be decent at TWF since i can abuse the inspire mechanic...

Im well aware of the handbooks but due to my lack of knowledge i dont know how to make things work together :P

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
If you want to get 9th level spells and maximum dragonfire inspiration, the gist is pretty easy then: Bard 7 / Sublime Chord 1 / Virtuso 7 (advancing Sublime Chord) / 5 levels wiggling room, at least 2 of which should advance spell-casting. This gives you lvl 9 spells and Inspire Courage +3 (or 3d6 Dragonfire Inspiration). Unfortunately Virtuoso has bad BAB, so this doesn't help your own TWF much.

If 2d6 Dragonfire are enough (and they should be if you still want to hit yourself), an alternative is Bard 8 / Sublime Chord 1 / Abjurant Champion 5 (advancing SC) / 6 levels wiggling room, at least 3 of which should advance spellcasting.

A fun one for the open levels as you are TWFing anyway could be Spellthief 1 / Warblade or Swordsage 1 / Daggerspell Mage 3-4 with the Master Spell Thief feat. Warblade/Swordsage pays the Weapon Focus feat tax while giving tasty ToB maneuvres, and you gain some Sneak Attack dice that can be traded for stealing spells off your target.

Or be a sensible and predictable fellow and go [ToB base class] 1 / Jade Phoenix Mage 4-5.