Author Topic: Construct Control  (Read 1740 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Construct Control
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:24:14 AM »
Try as we might, we couldn't find an answer to this.  Clearly, when you make a construct you control it (usually) and you are it's master... but does it actually say this anywhere?  I found examples of references when you lose control, or if control is item specific like with the Shield Guardian, but I couldn't see anywhere where it actually says you control your constructs.  An oversight?
Mudada.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Construct Control
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
This was in the combat section of Golems:

Golems are tenacious in combat and prodigiously strong as well. Being mindless, they do nothing without orders from their creators. They follow instructions explicitly and are incapable of any strategy or tactics. They are emotionless in combat and cannot be provoked.

A golem’s creator can command it if the golem is within 60 feet and can see and hear its creator. If uncommanded, a golem usually follows its last instruction to the best of its ability, though if attacked it returns the attack. The creator can give the golem a simple command to govern its actions in his or her absence. The golem’s creator can order the golem to obey the commands of another person (who might in turn place the golem under someone else’s control, and so on), but the golem’s creator can always resume control over his creation by commanding the golem to obey him alone.