Author Topic: remaking a murderer (suggestions please)  (Read 1384 times)

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
remaking a murderer (suggestions please)
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:08:59 PM »
as hashed out in the small complaint thread, it looks like the most evil build iv seen has been lost  :rolleyes

so, how best to recreate the theme.

the original build possessed a group of kids, generally forcing the 'good guys' to slaughter em as the bbEg beats you up. 

PhaedrusXY recalls Body Leech being involved.

Body Leech seems like a great way to put off getting ended... although lichs and ghost are just about as hard to finish. 5 levels leech v. 5 LA :(

Grand Malevolence jumps at me as productive, lets you split your activity to multiple bodies.
It far from perfect, lots of requirements (its 5 feats) and you have to have access to Ghost or Dominator feats (trying to find the source for this).

Suel Lich comes w/ Magic Jar similar, overall very similar to ghosts... different extras.

Fiend of possession with or without legacy champ to over progress that magic item ability could be a dandy.

Thrall herd, mixes well w/ Body Leech (i think, but psionic are not my strong suit)

every way i look at em, it seems they dont mature until very late.

=================

i see a lot of ways to take over one host... and that is probably what the original did.

but Grand Malevolence lets you puppet Cha Mod hosts.

Ghost Brute (+8 cha) Cranial Encyster (16 Cha base) , manifester 5 + practiced manifester (is that a thing for +3 ml?) /thrall herd 10. would be very problematic. but needs a centipede worth feats to pull of the whole thing... maybe buy off 3 LA to fit something else in...

=====================

a Mind Leech / FoP is far less feat intensive. i dont know how you get Mind Leechs prereq ectoplasmic cocoon before level 6... so that sucks. stack on 11 more levels to top off leech and FoP, not a lot of room left for extras, you gave up 8 MLs and only puppet.

===================

Suel has the downside of auto killing stuff. odd that that is a down side... but 3hd kids are probably rare or about as rare as a CL 15 kid :/

===========

so, suggestions?
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
Re: remaking a murderer (suggestions please)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:10:10 PM »
For the Body Leech / FoP variety,

I do not see many 'low cost' evil outsiders.

the quick resources I scanned, Imp looks like a contender.

(click to show/hide)

I don't know that one level of Ardent works like I think it does, and this stub assume rebuilding the Imps Dodge and Weapon Finesse.

5 levels of Leech and 3 racial HD seems like a big power hit vs just a vanilla wizard or psi-thing.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
Re: remaking a murderer (suggestions please)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
reread tons of ghost related material.

ghost wins, because Codzilla wins.

Ghost LA 5 minus 3 LA buy off means you get basically full caster, so nearly full use of all the horrible undead and caster tricks.

Not bothering with a stub for this one... Use the Taint mechanic to get 4 of the 5 Malevolence chain feats, pick up a couple ghost cohorts...

Everybody dies (frustrated inside, and it is beautiful)

the subsequent question becomes, why are you bothering to keep the people around you alive? that is a very disciplined monster that keeps raising kids as bait. maybe specialize in elf kids, they stay little longer... oh and regular halflings.... because racism.

Anim-manga still sux.