Author Topic: Kuro's Grim-like Fantasy interest check.  (Read 50532 times)

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
Re: Kuro's Grim-like Fantasy interest check.
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »
I'm vaguely interested just because it's Kuro running a game...
I second this emotion, and - as was the case when Nanshork said it - I mean it without irony.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 07:00:34 PM »
... sorry, I don't think I have any enthusiasm for this, now. Withdrawing my interest.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »
EDIT: Also, splitting hairs and all, but giving undead a Con score is just an easier way of saying "I'm giving them extra HP and a bonus to Fort saves based on their size".

Honestly, why do you want to give them even more HP and saves? Undeads already have loads and loads of extra HDs, then get to benefit from desecrated areas and corpsecrafter feats and whatnot. Even if you strip them of their immunities they're still some of the toughest monsters around before you give them a positive Con bonus.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
The intent was to strip them of the extra HD and all.

The initial idea behind "no immunities" was to give people an incentive to play things that normally get hosed by that - rogues, charmers and whatnot. Though I'm starting to wonder just how badly that might turn out...

Maybe it's an idea I should playtest in another game. Best to keep the houserules to a minimum for now, at least, and think of those when I've got a different idea to try out.

Besides, I guess people are less than interested in playing traditionally styled adventurers in this setting.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
Withdrawing withdrawing interest. I hope I don't nest it again, that would be as bad as double negatives.

Sorry, again.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »
Eh, I believe in second chances.

Vampires STILL get a couple different things than vanilla or even homebrew though. But we'll hash them out slowly.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »
Huh, that should be... interesting.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »
Something that amuses me: the list of weird fucked up things that I want to potentially submit for this is the same list of things I want to play in The Fanged Crater pbp if my current character dies.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2013, 07:57:54 PM »
Man, I really miss Dungeon Star. I lamented that game dying. :o

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »
Working on a powerbard build.  PF Halfling ok?  Stat gen?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »
Besides, I guess people are less than interested in playing traditionally styled adventurers in this setting.

Would you prefer we played traditionally styled adventurers? Because, for my part,  I heard "grim" and "heavy metal" and kinda ran with it. Also, I have an unhealthy addiction to Oslecamo's Improved Monster Classes. Those things are like the lays potato chips of D&D.

If what you're after is traditional heroic fantasy adventurers ripe to have their dreams crushed in horribly graphic ways by your setting, I can totally get behind that.

On the other hand, if you're ok with the current direction:

Can my Chaos Cultist be your singer/drummer/groupie?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:15:03 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »
What the hell would that make the spear-wielding vampire, if two of you are linked to the music stuff? Loan shark? :P

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
Manager?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
Still thinking of how many points I'm gonna give you guys to buy your stats.

I want you to have a fighting chance, after all...

Would you prefer we played traditionally styled adventurers? Because, for my part,  I heard "grim" and "heavy metal" and kinda ran with it. Also, I have an unhealthy addiction to Oslecamo's Improved Monster Classes. Those things are like the lays potato chips of D&D.

If what you're after is traditional heroic fantasy adventurers ripe to have their dreams crushed in horribly graphic ways by your setting, I can totally get behind that.

On the other hand, if you're ok with the current direction:

Can my Chaos Cultist be your singer/drummer/groupie?

It was more a statement of fact than a complaint. Honestly, I don't see any non-brain-damaged people arising as traditional adventurers in this. Unless they're seriously fucked up in the head.

Here's an example: the typical do-gooder paladin in this setting is required by the church to undergo a monthly ritual that essentially amounts to insane amounts of psychological and physical torture as training to survive what might actually happen to them. Any attempt to attain power through magic, be it divine OR arcane, warps your mind in violent and disturbing ways, which are often publically known. After you guys finish your sheets, I'm going to have to look them over to find out how fucked you are.

Give me internets. Now.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
So you're ok with the Chaos classes plan? Alternatively I'm considering Doppelganger/Greater Doppelganger.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »
Here's an example: the typical do-gooder paladin in this setting is required by the church to undergo a monthly ritual that essentially amounts to insane amounts of psychological and physical torture as training to survive what might actually happen to them. Any attempt to attain power through magic, be it divine OR arcane, warps your mind in violent and disturbing ways, which are often publically known. After you guys finish your sheets, I'm going to have to look them over to find out how fucked you are.

Well, at least that explains why they get immunity to fear.

My guess for 'how fucked I am' will be 'extremely', depending on whether or not you let me do the 'impale seven people on polearms in a circle under a full moon' beforehand or not. Then vampirism. :D

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
So you're ok with the Chaos classes plan? Alternatively I'm considering Doppelganger/Greater Doppelganger.

Should be fine, really. The power level on this is probably going to be high anyway.

As in, you're going to need any edge you can get your hands on.  :smirk

Well, at least that explains why they get immunity to fear.

My guess for 'how fucked I am' will be 'extremely', depending on whether or not you let me do the 'impale seven people on polearms in a circle under a full moon' beforehand or not. Then vampirism. :D

Oh, you SHOULD be able to do that well enough.

Just keep in mind that people being afraid of you is typically not enough of a deterrent to prevent your ass being hunted down.

Vampirism is doable insofar as you CAN actually feast on blood without killing someone - at least as far as my version of a vampire goes. Conversely, the bite alone is not sufficient to make a person into a vampire, or else Dracula would be convening hunts on his own kind.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »
Could I play as a shifter using these feats? They are due for a revision, but eating hearts for power is fun.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline ShadowViper

• Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
What exactly to you mean by Grim?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
Probably the show I haven't seen.

Or the fairytales, but probably not.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."