Author Topic: Galactic News Network (News and Updates)  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
  • TPK's are my business, and business is good.
    • View Profile
Galactic News Network (News and Updates)
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »
Wisdom has two parts; having a lot to say, and not saying it.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic News Network (News and Updates)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:33:56 AM »
While Invisible Castle is down, we will use this sites dice roller. While this rule is in effect please do not modify posts. Not that any of you guys would cheat, but I think it will re-roll your roll once you hit post and you may also lose a better roll.

So any changes to posts will need to be made in a new post until IC is back up. Best thing to keep things clear is probably to cut and paste what you posted previous and strike it through what you want to correct, then post what you want.

It will keep our game moving.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
Just a couple house rule updates we had but I never put in the thread.

Autofire Rule

This is what we had decided to use from the Jedi Counseling errata article;

Q: It seems to me that area attacks might be too good. Even if you miss, you're still dealing at least half damage unless the target has Evasion or improved cover. Doesn't this make things like autofire (which you can do even with a run-of-the-mill blaster rifle) a no-brainer unless your attack bonus greatly exceeds the target's Reflex Defense?
A: A few details were left out of the area attack rules. They're in the first set of errata, but they're worth covering here:
First, when making an area attack, your modified attack roll (after subtracting penalties for range, concealment, and so on) must be a 10 or higher for the attack to have any effect. If that condition is met, you compare the result to the Reflex Defense of everyone in the area for half or full damage. Given this, it's possible to make such a poor attack that no one is affected at all. In these cases, the idea is that your throw lands somewhere harmless, you shot over the target's heads (in the case of autofire), or maybe you even forgot to arm the grenade before throwing.
Second, if you make an area attack against a target that has cover (not just improved cover), the target takes no damage if the attack misses. Just as in real life, the best defense against explosives or bursts of autofire is to get in a trench or behind an obstacle. To determine if a target has cover, draw a line from the center of the burst or splash radius (for explosives and the like) or from the attacker (for autofire).
Third, you can't aim when making an area attack, so you never get to ignore the target's cover.
Together, these details make area attacks and autofire incredibly effective against a target at relatively close range on open terrain. Such a target is in big, big trouble. In contrast, area attacks and autofire are almost worthless against a target that has cover or concealment or that is at great range. For example, don't bother trying it against a hidden sniper shooting from hundreds of meters away.

found on page 8 of the ooc thread on the other forum

Force Powers and AoO
Ah you found a rule I missed in my rule run down. Most force powers in combat do not provoke attacks. They usually only do when an extended amount of concentration is involved. Normally ones that require full round action, or are maintained from round to round. For Move Object I would say if it is a quick use to toss something at someone or toss that someone elsewhere it won't provoke one. But if you lift an object and are maintaining it in the air into the next round then you would.

The Core Rules basically state anything that requires you to divert your attention away from defending yourself will provoke an AoO.

From page 7 of the previous ooc thread.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »
Found a Huttese dictionary The Complete Wermo's Guide to Huttese (& Other Star Wars Languages). In case you wanted to throw in some other flavor into your text.

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:03:17 AM »
Here is a pretty good source of colors for use incase the standard ones given are not enough;

Color Chart

And I may as well plug where I get most of my map objects from the recent maps here. I have found it an invaluable resource;

RPG Map Share

and from Neyjour over on DeviantArt. She has some awesome mapping elements she has shared for our use.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:31:48 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

Offline Melblen_Cairn

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »
House Rule Updates

Second Wind
Use of the Second Wind is now Encounter based and refreshes after a short rest taken after each encounter. Feats and talents that used to give extra uses per day now provide extra uses per encounter. Otherwise the Catching a Second Wind functions as normal.

Treat Injury Updates
You may now use a skill use to allow another to catch a second wind without spending actions to do so (normally catching a second wind is a swift action). This is a DC = 15 and the use is a Standard Action.

You may now use this skill to allow another character to recover from non-persistent condition track loss without spending actions to do so (normally recovery costs 3 swift actions). This is a DC 15 and the use is a Standard Action.

The First Aid skill use is now a Standard Action to use. I think we may have been playing already using this, but the Core Rules shows this was a full round action.

Performing Surgery will give the patient their CON Score in hitpoints back in addition to removing persistent conditions.

Med Packs
Med Packs can now be used more than once per day. This is not without risks. The first use works exactly as it did before. The second and subsequent uses increases the DC by 5 each time becoming the new DC to gain additional hit points from.

For example, Rald is using first aid on Kel for the second time, the new DC is a 20 and he rolls a 22. Kel regains his level in hit points but gains only 2 extra hitpoints (instead of what could be 7 under the previous DC). The next time a med pack is used on Kel the DC would now be a 25.

Failure on the increased DC means the subject moves down one place on the condition track and has a persistent condition.

After an extended rest period the number of med pack uses refreshes back to 0 and the DC becomes a 15 again.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:27:14 AM by Melblen_Cairn »