Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 214752 times)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Re: Pre-Campaign Discussion
« Reply #340 on: May 30, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »
Doesn't the presence of the guy between Rabbit and Big Guy block the shot? This sounds a lot like the "Does the ship give the fairy cover?" discussion again.

The only reason I feel I have to move is to get a clear shot at the Captain.

Now, if it's the case where I do not have to move then I'll opt to Not Move and take the shot... which will miss anyway :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2012, 07:15:48 PM »
-double post-
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:17:30 PM by Anomander »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »
The ruling one Pha cover on the ship applies in this situation to prove that the big guy isn't getting cover against you, but you do against him.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »
The ruling one Pha cover on the ship applies in this situation to prove that the big guy isn't getting cover against you, but you do against him.

+1 it's like the cowboy shooting over the tipped over table in the saloon.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #344 on: June 05, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »
Well if Zax doesn't act, will update tommorrow.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 07, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »
@ Sneaky
 :clap

Yeah, I think the diceroller here might be bugged or something.

Thoughts:
A) "Should have done" moment: let pirates get closer initially, have had them come to us on the ice where they are now, then use bombs to break the ice, drop them down, and have Pha re-do the ice as a readied action. Too late for this now, but an interesting thought if this comes up again.
B) Shouldn't Rabbit do something with his move action? He is almost down to my HP level, is bleeding, and is VERY close to the Big Bad End (Evil) Guy.
C) Since these Goron Bombs are fragile enough to go off in my "mouth" (really want to get the Kirby game bombs), does that mean that the impact from hitting the ground / ice from being dropped will set them off? I'd assume that it would auto-scatter, as I couldn't even have a chance of making the roll to hit (heck, If typical sight range is set by taking 10 on Spot, then I can only barely see them at this point, of course, this means I doubt they can see me anymore either.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:27:23 AM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #346 on: June 07, 2012, 11:37:01 AM »

B) Shouldn't Rabbit do something with his move action? He is almost down to my HP level, is bleeding, and is VERY close to the Big Bad End (Evil) Guy.

Any movement provokes an attack of opportunity. Cover or no, he's shown no difficulty in hitting me.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 07, 2012, 11:53:46 AM »

Any movement provokes an attack of opportunity. Cover or no, he's shown no difficulty in hitting me.

I thought you were 5' out of range, but I was wrong.
Let's see if I can get you some "legroom" good sir.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #348 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

He's got a reach of like a billion, and well, any help here would be hot :)
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »

He's got a reach of like a billion, and well, any help here would be hot :)

Yeah, even if he doesn't hit you, next round you'll be at the same as me for HP. 1.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #350 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »
1 is the best HP to be at. Everything's do or die, and you get to commit one hundred percent. ;)
Link to my homebrews

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #351 on: June 07, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »
Actually, I think I will use my move action. Appending initial post.

Edit: Osel, what kind of action is it to throw a tree token at the ground? The items state they are an immediate use, and I'm not rolling to actually attack anyone so it isn't an attack action. Just gonna throw a tree token at the Pirate captain's feet is all.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:24:45 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 07, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »

Edit: Osel, what kind of action is it to throw a tree token at the ground? The items state they are an immediate use, and I'm not rolling to actually attack anyone so it isn't an attack action. Just gonna throw a tree token at the Pirate captain's feet is all.

... if you throw it between you, wouldn't you then have total cover, thus can't be hit / no longer threatened? then you can actually take a 5ft step!

Yay for being able to move 5 Feet!

(If you think it's hard to tell if that was sarcastic or not through the internet, imagine how I feel not being able to tell myself.)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #353 on: June 07, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »

... if you throw it between you, wouldn't you then have total cover, thus can't be hit / no longer threatened? then you can actually take a 5ft step!

Yay for being able to move 5 Feet!

(If you think it's hard to tell if that was sarcastic or not through the internet, imagine how I feel not being able to tell myself.)

Plan the first is to throw it under him and have a WTF Tree trip him or otherwise push him away. This would provoke an attack of opportunity from the tree, but since it's a tree, it'll let it slide :) :) :)

Plan the second, if that's not possible easily, is to interpose the tree between the Pirate captain and the Field Commander, and then either move myself or move myself and the Field Commander out of there.

Plan the third is to feed the Pirate Captain the Tree Token pretending it's a peace offering and that it will grant him the knowledge and ability to use the Soleron hand cannon, and then activate the tree token when it reaches his minor intestine.

Plan the fourth has yet to be conceived.
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
Throwing something to the floor is actually an attack roll, and any particular square has AC 5.

At best, with just a move action left I can allow you to drop the token in an adjacent square (free action if you have quick-draw or similar). The captain would get a reflex save to get out of the way and step to an adjacent square, so it may work out if you coordinate it with a 5-feet step from you.

On the other hand, Anomander was right the other day, and you are benefiting from cover thanks to the captain right now, meaning the pirate commander can't aoo you for movement right now. Altough I doubt you can get away quick enough in that situation.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
Pha cannot help you guys for this round either. Need 1 more hp to at least do standard actions to attack at range.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »
Sorry for missing this earlier
C) Since these Goron Bombs are fragile enough to go off in my "mouth" (really want to get the Kirby game bombs), does that mean that the impact from hitting the ground / ice from being dropped will set them off? I'd assume that it would auto-scatter, as I couldn't even have a chance of making the roll to hit (heck, If typical sight range is set by taking 10 on Spot, then I can only barely see them at this point, of course, this means I doubt they can see me anymore either.)
For the bombs to explode first you have to light the fuse (part of the action of throwing them). If you put a lighted bomb inside your mouth and then activate air gun, it explodes. If you drop an unlighted bomb, it doesn't explode (unless you throw into something like a fire).

You can light a bomb and throw it to a specific ground section (again, AC 5) as a standard action, and if you miss, they'll scatter as a regular splash weapon and end up hiting something. I'll let you also  light a bomb and drop it directly below you as a move action.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »
Throwing something to the floor is actually an attack roll, and any particular square has AC 5.

At best, with just a move action left I can allow you to drop the token in an adjacent square (free action if you have quick-draw or similar). The captain would get a reflex save to get out of the way and step to an adjacent square, so it may work out if you coordinate it with a 5-feet step from you.

On the other hand, Anomander was right the other day, and you are benefiting from cover thanks to the captain right now, meaning the pirate commander can't aoo you for movement right now. Altough I doubt you can get away quick enough in that situation.

Nonsense, I can drag the Field Commander with me as I go. He's in no condition to contest, and with my full move action I'm 30 feet from the pirate commander. Dragging him will allow me to keep cover as I go. :)
Link to my homebrews

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
Woah. I'll have to check out the rules on that kind of stuff when I can. Perhaps it could be possible to get perpetual cover by tying up a halfling to your chest an back.  :p

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
Unless you happen to have Kong's strenght, you'll have to move at half speed for dragging a fully decked  warrior with you.

Also the captain/halflings don't have cover themselves as you drag them along, so they'll still draw aoos.