Author Topic: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!  (Read 130688 times)

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
Re: Kickstarters and Other Crowd-Funding Mega-Thread!
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2016, 05:36:46 PM »
Thanks for all of these, I'll see if I can find any interesting ones.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
Thanks for all of these, I'll see if I can find any interesting ones.

You're welcome!

Feel free to post anything that you think is worth sharing, I don't mean to hog this thread, most people just don't post.   :p

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2016, 08:02:42 PM »
Mistfall: Heart of the Mists - Legendary Adventure Continues (Funding ends May 26th) - I kickstarted the base game that this expansion is for (and that you can also get through this kickstarter).  It's a pretty cool game and I think the expansion is going to be great.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2016, 08:33:18 PM »
Calamityware dinner plate 9 (Funding ends June 1st) - If you haven't looked at calamityware before they make plates (and other stuff) in the blue willow style but with a calamity happening.  The calamity this time is a plague of frogs.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »
You'll wanna use the Late Pledge button on the page for this one.  Dark Souls - The Board Game!
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:47 PM »
Red Markets - A pen-and-paper RPG that's an interesting take on the zombie apocalypse genre.  Take a look at it.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2016, 09:52:41 PM »
Massive Darkness (Funding ends July 7th) - I'm legitimately excited about this one.  It's by the makes of Zombicide and they've proven they can make games that people want to own if nothing else.  The game is a 1-6 player dungeon crawler board game with no DM (monster actions are scripted) and some really nice looking pieces.  Also you can level up and make character development choices all without having to write on anything or make any sort of permanent changes to the game.  The only issue is that it's very pricey (which makes sense given how many miniatures are involved...)

FIRE & BONE 4: Tiny, Digitally Captured, Metal Animal Skulls (Funding ends July 12th) - Small metal animal skulls.  I pledged for one of their earlier kickstarters and got a pair of wolf skull cufflinks.  They're good quality and look great, these guys are trustworthy and know what they're doing.

Nova Cry: A 30-minute Sci-Fi Card Game (2nd printing!) (Funding ends July 6th) - It looks like a very interesting tabletop game, it's like a tabletop version of a sci-fi computer game.  Look at the kickstarter, it'll explain itself better than I can.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 10:04:09 PM »
Inner Space: A Collection of Laser Cut Wooden Mandalas - Cool laser cut wooden mandalas just as the name suggests.

Planetarium - A board game about making planets.  As of writing this there's no reviews or gameplay videos (but they will show up eventually) but you can download the rulebook, and it won an award in Quebec.  Also, there's only one pledge level and it's $29.

Exoplanets - A planetary life-development board game - Name is pretty self-explanatory, not as pretty as Planetarium but easier to figure out from just looking at it.  Also it's an established game in Europe so there's that.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2016, 09:00:46 PM »
System Shock (Funding ends July 28th) - The original System Shock is getting a modern 3d reboot.  I never played it but I know it has quite a following.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2016, 09:19:41 PM »
Sea Monster Jamboree Shower Curtain (Funding ends July 31st) - A pretty cool shower curtain buy a guy who's done some other pretty cool kickstarters (and he's a trustworthy kickstarter creator).

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »
Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game (Funding ends August 9th) - I'm on the fence about it, but here it is.  It's officially licensed by a company who makes an Evil Dead 2 comic book series.

The Light of R'lyeh —Cthulhu Ritual Candles (wax & resin) (Funding ends July 28th) - I'm not on the fence about this one, they're pretty cool candles (both normal and flameless candles).

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »
I'm about to start a project of my own, in a few weeks or so. not game related, mind if i post it here once it goes live?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
I'm about to start a project of my own, in a few weeks or so. not game related, mind if i post it here once it goes live?

Go for it.  I post plenty of non-game related stuff, and even if I didn't there's no reason to restrict the thread.  Contributions are always welcome!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »
Strange Magic 2 - New Magic Systems for Pathfinder + D&D 5e (Funding ends August 9th) - Another book by Interjection Games with three more new magic systems.  Compatible with Pathfinder and 5E.

Fate of the Elder Gods - the boardgame of Lovecraftian cults (Funding ends August 19th) - A Lovecraftian board game where every player controls a cult worshiping a specific elder god. Whoever summons their elder god first wins! (And then the world loses.)  One of the designers also designed Arkham Horror and Elder Sign.  Check it out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2016, 07:57:11 PM »
This one is a humble bundle.

I couldn't decide where to put it so it so here it is.  Humble Bundle is currently offering a lot of the revised VtM Masquerade books, you can get six of them for just a buck.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2016, 08:33:27 AM »
Vampire Hunters board game kickstarter.

Looks like a really fun game, lots of replayability, and has optional rules (hunters become vamps, harpoon & winch to drag vamps into the sunlight), co-operative play, competitive play, and solo play.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2016, 08:54:42 PM »
ISOLATE - Switch off your ears! (Funding ends August 14th) - Not to be cliche, but this looks like a revolution in consumer grade earplugs.

The Superbook: Turn your smartphone into a laptop for $99 (Funding ends August 20th) - Normally I avoid technology kickstarters.  I'm not an early adopter, I wait to make sure that the technology is valid and viable before I finally buy into it.  Be warned, this one is Android only.  It's basically a docking station for your phone that happens to be a laptop.  Check it out.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2016, 04:08:27 AM »
Fantasy Coins.  Real metal coins with fantasy and sci-fi inspired themes. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:16:19 PM by linklord231 »
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »
Your url tag is broken, you put - instead of = after url.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 09:16:57 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about :p
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.