Author Topic: How would these spell casters be built with 3.5 psionics?  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Agrippa

• I'm not quite sure what to say.
    • View Profile
How would these spell casters be built with 3.5 psionics?
« on: March 15, 2012, 04:46:53 AM »
I've long since come to the conlusion that much of fiction's spell casters can be better interprated with 3.5's psionic rules that Vancian casting. With that out of the way, mostly out of curiosity, and to a lesser extant because I'd like to stat them out, I ask what psionic powers you'd give these characters? Also what would their classes be?
Blackbriar Thorn
Aerith Gainsborough
Doctor Strange

Now I'm willing to ignore some needlessly complex setting features, such as the need for materia to cast spells.

Offline xaotiq1

• I don't always play D&D. But when I do, it's 3.X!
    • View Profile
Re: How would these spell casters be built with 3.5 psionics?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:24:25 AM »
I think Dr. Strange would best be represneted by Spell To Power Eurdite.

Blackbriar would more than likely be an Egoist with Expanded Knowledge as a feat to pick up Control Object for the plant control.

Aerith, hmm, I might be inclined to say either Erudite or Telepath. Not sure about much else.
"Love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"  Bender Bending Rodriguez

Offline Agrippa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »
Blackbriar would more than likely be an Egoist with Expanded Knowledge as a feat to pick up Control Object for the plant control.

Don't forget expansion.

Offline xaotiq1

• I don't always play D&D. But when I do, it's 3.X!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
Another thought, Blackbriar and Aerith could be Ardents. I'm AFB, but isn't there a Natural World mantle or some such thing? And Aerith's powers could be summed up with the right mantle choices. Maybe Dominant Ideal on the Life mantle? I think I need more practice with psionics.
"Love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"  Bender Bending Rodriguez

Offline Agrippa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:16:31 AM »
You're on to something. I'll just give Blackbriar Thorn ardent-like casting (I meant manifesting) complete with mantles. While Aerith will be an erudite with Doctor Strange as a spell to power erudite. With all that out of the way how about Nemesis the Warlock, Spawn, The Archmage and Magus?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:21:28 AM by Agrippa »