Author Topic: Act One: Stolen Land  (Read 6693 times)

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
Re: Act One: Stolen Land
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 12:18:12 AM »
(click to show/hide)

As soon as Vian notices the horsemen, he ducks bellow the parapet and motions everyone else to do the same. The idea suddenly struck him that it would be to their advantage if the enemy underestimated them. "Comrades, perhaps we don't have the skills to make traps for an ambush, but we may still catch our enemy off guard if our numbers are a surprise to them. Perhaps we should not let ourselves be seen, except Svetlana and Oleg."

Offline linklord231

• Honorary Mod
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »
(click to show/hide)

The bandits saunter up to the gate, mildly surprised and obviously irritated to find it barred.  One of them - a tall man in leather armor, armed with a longbow, presumably the leader - pounds on the gate and yells loudly.  Oleg you sonovabitch, open this godsdamned door right now!  I know you're in there!

Oleg turns to his wife and whispers Quickly, go hide in our room and don't come out til I say so.  I want you out of the way if there's any bloodshed..  He hugs her tightly before she runs off to hide.  Oleg glances at you as if to reassure himself, then calls back to the bandits Sorry Happs, that's not gonna happen.  We're sick of having to put up with the likes of you.  You won't be getting another copper out of us!

The pounding on the door stops.  After the briefest pause, the man Oleg called Happs calls back Fine!  Boys, lets see if setting their asses on fire will change their minds.

(click to show/hide)
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline cantankerouspedant

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:25 AM »
Acacius pops over the wall with the rest of his allies, screaming to startle their enemies.

(click to show/hide)

Offline professorgear

• Honorary Mod
  • Vian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Vian also jumps up from behind the wall, yelling at the top of his lungs.

(click to show/hide)