Author Topic: The Game!  (Read 23955 times)

Offline Nytemare3701

• Honorary Mod
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
The Croc's superior reach intercepts Razor as he closes to make his attack, locking its jaws tightly and beginning to tear into Razor. (AoO Hit, Grappled, spends turn on Grapple Damage)

Tanya's opponent attempts to snap one last time at her before she retreats to join the party, but can't get seem to its body working properly after being punched in the nose. Instead, it opts to hobble awkwardly after her. Meanwhile, Tanya's new opponent shifts just a tiny bit closer and manages to grab hold.

Tiny's Croc returns the favor with a bite of its own, with similar result as her own bite.

Slake finds himself being charged down by an opportunistic croc, who latches on immediately.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:30:14 PM by Nytemare3701 »

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2019, 10:39:33 PM »
(click to show/hide)

"Ouch!  That hurts."  The Professor shakes off the gator's jaws with an ease that belies his apparent size.  "My but you do look tasty!"  He licks his lips and his eyes flash as flaming tentacles fire out of the professor's lab coat with blinding speed - striking vital areas with pinpoint accuracy.  One bite grabs an eye, another hits the neck underneath.  As the creature cries out the third drives through its open jaws cracking through the palatine process reaching for brains.  It quickly darts out and drives in again bashing through the cranium.  Flaming tentacles grab at the monster's neck and latch on squeezing to crush it's trachea and spine at the same time.

The abberation above switches from it's inspiring ululations
(click to show/hide)
to an almost imperceptibly low pitched rumble.
(click to show/hide)
  It flies SW 40 feet positioning itself above Tanya's Head.

The angel directs his attention to the monster to the west and yells "You will stop...By the power of GOD!"
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:42:22 PM by dman »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2019, 06:27:07 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
Fishing a piece of butter from the component pouch, the Magister gestures and shouts at Razor, covering him with a slippery film that will make it hard for his opponent to hold onto him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nytemare3701

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2019, 01:31:25 AM »
Slake and Tiny's opponents are completely shredded, Tiny's from the outside in, and Slake's from the inside out.

The other crocs, seeing that the "squishy" prey can (im/ex)plode them in mere seconds and that their current targets are surprisingly durable, turn tail and attempt to flee, screeching telepathically in an attempt to discourage any pursuit.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:36:03 AM by Nytemare3701 »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »
Tiny glances up at the fleeing crocodiles, but decides they're not particularly important compared to the one she had already taken a chunk out of... and was taking more bites out of, seemingly intent on devouring the entire carcass single-handedly, bones and all.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
Ceir watches the creatures leave with a sigh. He would love to attempt to capture a sample but it just isn't possible.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2019, 06:39:28 PM »
As the croc biting Razor drops them and they deftly rise to their feet, the offending creature makes a run for it. As it does so, Razor swipes one last bladelike appendage at the creature, thrusting with great force and grace in equal measure.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:47:39 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2019, 11:56:05 PM »
Slake's fusillade of tentacles evolves into a wild frenzy of crunching, tearing, and gulping.  The professor's body distends to an impossibly swollen size as entire limbs, sections of rib cage, organs, and even the enormous skull of the beast are swallowed whole leaving only a charred bloody stain on the grass.  His eyes roll back in his head and his body twitches as tidal waves of new information course through his brain.  A smile of exultation spreads across his face. His now balloon-like body seemingly deflates back down to an extremely plump but decidedly humanish size.  "Haaaaah!  There's nothing so exhilarating as the absorption of an unfamiliar entity."

(click to show/hide)

He smacks his lips and quickly realizes that the fight is still on as his cloaker spawn stares at him expectantly.  Slake nods toward the bloody trail left by the easternmost croc, and the aberration takes off in pursuit - attempting to herd it away from the others, moaning to destabilize its metabolism, and striking with fiery attacks to finish the beast. 
(click to show/hide)

Adrenaline running - They're getting away! Slake is just about to take off in pursuit when he notices that no one else is moving to do the same.  He quietly talks himself down. This isn't your team, old man.  You're not running Special Containment Procedures on these particular animals. Even with your currently enhanced speed you're barely able to keep up with them... 

Besides you've got its profile...

*BELCH* 

Just relax and savor it.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:34:11 PM by dman »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2020, 04:31:59 PM »
Rage fills Razor's eyes as they chase down the bleeding, fleeing Croc. With a ballet-like flurry of whirling blades, the deadly dancer draws more and more blood, until the creature falls. Razor plunges an appendage deep into the creature, drinking deep of its remaining blood. Once he has his fill, he returns to the group, unmotivated to hunt down any of the other creatures.

"Maybe a rest before moving on, yes? I am like to rest after a meal."

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »
"Ha! Excellent job Razor! You do justice to your namesake!   Indeed, our little group has envinced quite an eclectic and potent array of abilities.  I believe your suggestion for a rest is in order.  Very well done, everyone.  Mayhaps we could explore each others areas of expertise and develop a series of more coherent strategies to face the trails ahead.  I dare say we'll need them to elude the disciplined forces that will soon be dispatched to contain us. "  <Sigh> Despite his earlier anxiety and the serious nature of their future predicament.  Slake can't help but enjoy the moment.  He leans back smiling and pats his rotund, recently satiated abdomen in deep satisfaction.

"Mr. Ceir, I am duly impressed by your ability to inspire and augment your allies.  Your intellect and instincts are truly formidable.  I once was under the impression that I might inspire competence and insight amongst my peers and buoy them on to heroism through my not inconsiderable intellect."  Slake cast his eyes down.  "Sadly, I now see I was embarrassingly deluded. The secret to such a transferal is beyond me."  He brightens up with a thought. "But perhaps I can be of some use in satisfying our collective intellectual curiosity.  If you'd like to study one of the beasts we've just freshly dispatched I can most probably provide a docile example in about an hour that will last for a few minutes or a fully functional creature by tomorrow at about this time.  Which might you prefer?"   

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2020, 01:17:27 PM »
Ceir nods and returns the compliment, "I spent many years studying hunting and capturing specimens for study, including teams that are less well trained. I did not hunt in the same fashion as those who held you, I prefer to study subjects in their native habitats.  I've never seen a method of specimen capture quite as effective as what you are proposing however."

He then pauses to consider his options"Are we proposing to make camp? If so, while I appreciate the chance to study these creatures I have a more pressing need. I lost my alchemical items in the collapse and need to rebuild my stock. Thankfully my lab is still intact."

He pats his well-reinforced backpack.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2020, 10:06:19 PM »
"Let's make camp, then.  We might want to move a bit from this sight.  Then again the freshly slain monsters might attract more interesting creatures to sample." The professor inadvertantly makes a slurping sound as he eagerly rubs his hands together. "What say you, team?

In the mean time I'm happy to go foraging. Larkspur, Daffodil, Monk's Hood...This land is a cornucopia of alchemical additives.  Is there anything specific you might require, Mr. Zhemess?"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2020, 11:31:16 PM »
The number of freshly slain monsters appeared to be on the decline, with Tiny polishing off the one slain crocodile that her attention had been fixated on and looking up. "Is a camp something with food?"

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2020, 08:06:44 AM »
The Magister nods. "Making camp to rebuild your alchemical supplies seems like a worthwhile endeavour. The wildlife here seems disagreeable." Looking at Tiny, he adds: "I'm certain we will come across edible items in our search for ingredients."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2020, 09:59:50 AM »
Razor wipes their hands clean of any residual stains, though there isn't as much as one might expect.

"Can I be of helping? I can help search." They nod and begin scanning the surroundings for anything of note, though they know not for what to search.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2020, 05:02:23 PM »
"I have all of the supplies that I need for the time being," Ceir says.

Offline Nytemare3701

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2020, 05:13:59 PM »
Within a few minutes of searching the area, you find a camp containing a plethora of animal bones and furs, with the remains of 5 adult humanoids wearing what were probably once intimidating tooth-studded furs. At first they seem to be nothing but a group of extremely prolific hunters, but the party's keen eyes pick up a few things that don't add up. Despite being a "temporary" camp, the feet of the hunters had thoroughly stamped the area down over a long period and their now-broken supplies were relatively new. Further examination confirms it; these were SCP Agents, likely stationed here to act as liasons for authorized traders, and a deterrent for uninvited guests.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2020, 06:08:02 AM »
Remembering the back pay she is still owed, Tanya thoroughly searches the camp.

Hmm.

Offline Nytemare3701

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »
Further inspection of the gear the "hunters" were wearing turns up a small pouch containing a few dozen coins and a rough map of the surrounding area, with known critter dens marked.

+12g, 30s