Author Topic: Incursion, a D&D 3.5-inspired Roguelike  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
Incursion, a D&D 3.5-inspired Roguelike
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:19:12 AM »
Greetings, all!

Incursion is a Roguelike that draws mechanical and thematic inspiration directly from D&D 2e, 3e, 3.5, and Pathfinder.  Kill and loot things with a more direct approach, or use the game's crafting systems, NPC and mount recruitment systems (if you have enough social skills), and various terrain-altering spells for a more indirect way to victory.  Unlike many other Roguelikes, Incursion emphasizes fun, fair play and a variety of viable options.

Prepare to read the manual and probably also the wiki, though.  (There is also a public Google forum that seemed dead by disinterest, but, hey, Incursion has a TV Tropes page!)  Prepare also to die and experiment with character creation!

Offline Wilb

• Elder Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion, a D&D 3.5-inspired Roguelike
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Its a pity that it has no graphical tiles. I settled on the well known Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, as watered down as it is nowadays, because of it, having played old roguelikes for years made me value graphical improvements a bit too much to let them go, even if the mechanics are perfect.
Lovely Zoma...

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
Re: Incursion, a D&D 3.5-inspired Roguelike
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 02:42:53 AM »
Incursion is a wonderful Roguelike once you understand how things work.  My experience has been Drow Druidzilla for the best win chance - even more so than Clericzilla.