Author Topic: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom  (Read 168612 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2016, 07:26:45 PM »
At 160tons, I think you could try carrying the restaurant around to deliver. Pizza within one minute from the oven or it's free!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2016, 10:57:20 PM »
At 160tons, I think you could try carrying the restaurant around to deliver. Pizza within one minute from the oven or it's free!

160 really isn't much. The HMS Victory is over 2,000 tons (or over 3,000; nautical measurements are odd).

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2016, 12:05:53 AM »
160 tons really isn't when we're talking about structures but it should be enough to drag around a kitchen and it should be enough to break down real world physics and most certainly biology. Also Google was kind enough to say it is 3,556 tons.

And speaking of, Bahamut's carry weight on my sheet used x32 for bipedal when it's supposed to be x24. :(

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2016, 12:10:00 AM »
160 tons really isn't when we're talking about structures but it should be enough to drag around a kitchen and it should be enough to break down real world physics and most certainly biology. Also Google was kind enough to say it is 3,556 tons.

And speaking of, Bahamut's carry weight on my sheet used x32 for bipedal when it's supposed to be x24. :(

Isn't it x16 for colossal and x5 on top of that for drag weight?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2016, 12:46:31 AM »
Well I meant quadruped instead of bipedal (Draco pg136). And I only listed max load, not drag, but I did +100% Colossal mod (or x32) instead of the correct +50% (or x24).
Quadrupeds can carry heavier loads than characters can. Instead of the multipliers given above, multiply the value corresponding to the creature’s Strength score from Table: Carrying Capacity by the appropriate modifier, as follows: Fine ×¼, Diminutive ×½, Tiny ×¾, Small ×1, Medium ×1½, Large ×3, Huge ×6, Gargantuan ×12, Colossal ×24.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »
It would take 12 standard halflings to equal the carrying capacity of one heavy horse.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
I should remember that when it comes to bargaining for their lives, a horse is worth a dozen of them.  :D

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:40 AM »
Now, it only takes seven standard humans to equal a large horse, so we have a ratio of human-Halfling. Of course, half-orcs are even better, since you just need six. Meanwhile, a horse is worth only four full orcs.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2016, 05:05:13 PM »
Speaking of buying people, assuming we apply the highest modifier, x4, for being highly skilled & PC status. Your black market value is roughly 67,600gp.

That's about 135 pounds of platinum, or 1,352 pounds of gold, or 676,000 pounds of iron.
You can also be said to be worth 4,560 oxen, or 22,533 pigs, or 3,380,000 chickens.
More universally, that's about 13,520 pounds of salt or 2,704 HD of Zombies.
And more uncommonly you're worth 1,690,000 halfing brains, or 1,690 phoenix feathers, or 338 drops of dragon's tears.
And even through your life experiences are worth about 390,000gp your soul is only worth 50gp.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2016, 10:51:22 AM »
Of course, if you consider that she's a walking energy generator, manual labour isn't the most useful application. :lmao

Also, I'm confused how much damage I'm taking: 272-AC and DR stuff, or 272-1/2 of AC and DR stuff. O_o

At least I'm still up either way. Possibly in negative HP, but up. Also, can they grapple a colossal target?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:56:07 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
Well Mech's only have Natural/Dodge bonuses to AC and given the 1/2 rate on probably like 15 AC yeah you're pretty much screwed if you don't have an alternative means to reduce or dodge the damage. Also I think Hugo just got a special energy-net grapple ability using his funnels (aka a dozen tiny robots) so maybe the nanomachine mechs are just fancy looking funnels.

I also feel compelled to break out the big guns here. Given that Bahamut is Colossal can I just use Baha's natural weapons instead of the mech's?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
Amaterasu has very bravely been on foot, as I recall, but capable of operating on mecha scale for... a few more rounds? (I need to check exactly how long that's been going) Because I have been putting off going through and redoing the mecha stuff. :lmao

Also because everything seemed to start at the smaller scale. I'm not sure any more.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:01:54 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »
We actually engaged the first battle all in mecha.

Also, here's a reminder that all allies within 30-ft of Mao gain a +8 bonus to AC and Reflex saves
All allies within 30 mu (pretty much the whole room) also gain a +6 command bonus to attack rolls and AC.

That should help a bit mitigate the damage and perhaps better avoid being grappled, depending on Osle's ruling on attack bonuses applying to grapple checks.
(considering the whole Weapon Focus giving a +1 bonus to attack rolls with grapples and the Sage stating that being prone applies its penalty to attack rolls to grapple checks)

If someone got dropped or is critically low I'd like to know. I could try and do some healing.

@Osle: Glitch/l33t-speak sounds fun. I should make a character someday that communicates almost exclusively that way.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:05:07 PM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2016, 02:12:51 PM »
I have... not because I didn't think that was the case.  Good thing for Way of the Fight, there, though that makes working out my actual numbers for this particularly confusing. <_>

I might be on something like -10.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »
though that makes working out my actual numbers for this particularly confusing.
No mech right?

272 damage, -8 for 16 natural AC, -3 for 6 armor AC, and you don't seem to have any damage reduction or a shield bonus to AC.
You have 242hp and a quick check in the IC thread implies you're at max HP.
242hp - 261dmg = -19hp.
Thankfully through you die at -55 HP.
Your Fast Healing will kick in and heal you for 6 taking you to -13.

I have no idea how much spirit you have left over but I prefer to use it to negate death instead of extra damage. Guard for example I believe reduces damage taken to 1/4, or only 68 damage, which is far easier to handle.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:01:59 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »
Nah, working out the exact grapple if we're working on MU scale. I think my modifier would be ~+32 with everything considered and without the size effects. Defensively, not much going on, except for Fall of Great Stars. That doesn't seem likely to help in the current scenario except by skipping the whole round.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
Nah, working out the exact grapple if we're working on MU scale.
I have no idea if we're using it so I skipped it (ok well apparently I used it instead of BAB, w/e it's only a 3 point difference).

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
Nah, working out the exact grapple if we're working on MU scale.
I have no idea if we're using it so I skipped it (ok well apparently I used it instead of BAB, w/e it's only a 3 point difference).

Scale is the difference between succeeding on anything but a nat 1 and having less than a 50% chance to avoid a grapple. It matters for me. -_-'

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2016, 04:59:43 PM »
Well, if it helps mobs are a type of Swarm and Swarms take +50% area damage so you can try to nuke them for some freedom.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »
Don't grapples stop you moving too much to use maneuvers, or is that only pins? Nuking them when it turned out to be a mob was the plan (after assessing how many players might get caught).