Author Topic: High End OOC V-Beyond the Time Paradox  (Read 42165 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC V-Beyond the Time Paradox
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »
Keeping track of people's personality traits isn't a normal modern practice.  :p

Not in the practical sense, when you've got like hundreds of people working for you, but it is in the ideal sense. HR can be a wonky area to work in.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »
Eh, I was thinking more in a general sense. Guess I misunderstood.

Since I was talking about personality traits I meant more detailed information on people and not general Human Resources file.

You never know what kind of mission you'll be hired to carry out after all.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2019, 02:49:44 PM »
Keeping track of people's personality traits isn't a normal modern practice.  :p

Not in the practical sense, when you've got like hundreds of people working for you, but it is in the ideal sense. HR can be a wonky area to work in.

I've worked for super small places and that kind of information on employees wasn't tracked. I don't know how things work there but in the US nobody gives a crap about filing things that aren't related to job performance such as performance reviews or reprimands.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »
Well he said in the ideal. Plus this is a situation where you actually give a damn because you're nice and also mental profiles is useful for the types of jobs you'd be pulling.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2019, 10:26:11 AM »
Well he said in the ideal. Plus this is a situation where you actually give a damn because you're nice and also mental profiles is useful for the types of jobs you'd be pulling.

Agreed, which is why I'm assuming Os will okay me having that information on hand.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2019, 01:17:56 PM »

I've worked for super small places and that kind of information on employees wasn't tracked. I don't know how things work there but in the US nobody gives a crap about filing things that aren't related to job performance such as performance reviews or reprimands.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Mental profiles are something that HR people are supposed to give a damn about, but half the time they're done in a very sloppy way if at all.

HR as an area should be a hybrid business/psych course all its own.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »
I don't know how things are there but here in the US I'd expect any company found to be keeping mental health profiles on their employees to be sued, barring exceptions for specific industries where employees undergo mandatory job related psych evaluations.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2019, 03:53:59 PM »
Shrug All you really need is an optional contract clause to make it okay. Heck, one could make the argument that such an assessment is a method of preventing power harassment: By monitoring the mental health of an employee, the company is actually doing more for the employee him/herself. As long as such information isn't used against the employee (say, to fire or get the employee in trouble, or to justify not giving a promotion/not hiring the person), I don't think it'd be such a big deal.

Let's face it, corporations already discriminate based on assumed information about psych profiles. This would just be laying all the cards on the table. I can think of a crapton of suits being prevented on that basis.

EDIT: Unfortunately, such a measure would require all HR personnel to get some sort of psych certification, which would raise the average salary of HR personnel...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 03:57:08 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2019, 07:50:47 PM »
I've never had a job with an employment contract that wasn't a short term contract position...

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »
What about Einst Queen and repairs?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2019, 07:01:19 PM »

Also, do I have any contacts I could use for additional crew?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2019, 05:05:34 AM »

Get healing spirits or eat damaged drones and make new ones.

Also, do I have any contacts I could use for additional crew?

For Damarius, that would already be the 100 crew/day minimum recovery.

The rest of the party has made several contacts, maybe they can help.

EDIT: There's of course the Android Administration, but then any crew from them would be loyal to them first.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2019, 01:04:49 PM »
The coordinates Hugo refers to are the ones that ARKAS mecha ordered a bunch of "armored gals with guns and self destruct" delivered.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2019, 06:39:44 PM »
As a quick reminder, you're in the middle of a gravitational-space anomaly, you have no mail access.  And even if you weren't, inter-planetary communications are limited to special abilities/magic. If you wat to contact somebody outside, you'll need either a specific special ability/magic or go to the planet itself.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2019, 06:45:57 PM »
So what you're saying is.......Kat's the only one who can contact anyone?  :cool

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
Okay, I just did all the math.

Os, I'm assuming that to crew all of the ships I'll be at 0 followers and skeleton crew to make this a meaningful decision which will then screw me over later next time we're in a fight (and maybe beyond depending on if I can get some downtime).

I just realized that I have 2 ship captions in my followers, one with a Huge ship and one with a Colossal ship.  If they also give up some crew to meet minimum standards would that be sufficient to have me crew everybody?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2019, 10:26:29 PM »
As a quick reminder, you're in the middle of a gravitational-space anomaly, you have no mail access.  And even if you weren't, inter-planetary communications are limited to special abilities/magic. If you wat to contact somebody outside, you'll need either a specific special ability/magic or go to the planet itself.

OK, which spell do I need to Shadow Miracle out of my ass to solve that issue?

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »
So what you're saying is.......Kat's the only one who can contact anyone?  :cool
Well Katherine does have a pretty direct way.

Okay, I just did all the math.

Os, I'm assuming that to crew all of the ships I'll be at 0 followers and skeleton crew to make this a meaningful decision which will then screw me over later next time we're in a fight (and maybe beyond depending on if I can get some downtime).

I just realized that I have 2 ship captions in my followers, one with a Huge ship and one with a Colossal ship.  If they also give up some crew to meet minimum standards would that be sufficient to have me crew everybody?

Since Bastion is Colossal +++ and has a crew of 2000:
Colossal ++ crew of 1000
Colossal + crew of 500
Colossal crew of 250
Gargantuan crew of 125
Huge crew of 63

Need to keep 10% of crew minimum, so the colossal ship could "donate" 225 crew and the huge ship could "donate" 55 (56-57 technically but no benefit staying outside a 5 multiple) crew. That would reduce the burden on Bastion, but not fully evade the penalties.

OK, which spell do I need to Shadow Miracle out of my ass to solve that issue?
I'm pretty sure we had agreed to limit your discs to 5th level.

Sending's a 4th level evocation. 25 words per 10 minutes to one target at a time.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2019, 01:08:16 AM »
Oh, that wouldn't be a disc. I'd have to setup a Sanctum inside of Bastion and everything, eating my highest level spells in the process.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2019, 01:15:50 AM »
(Which reminds me, I never really picked a feat to replace my familiar with. Hello Sanctum Spell! Don't worry, I won't use it to pack spells higher than 5th level in the discs. Just to produce free-of-charge Simulacra.)

You promised you would use it to "just" produce an army of free simulacra, which is already quite imba. Shadow miracles by characters who can't actually cast 9th level spells are banned in case I didn't make it clear enough.