Author Topic: Dead Earth: A New Beginning  (Read 66586 times)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Earth: A New Beginning
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
Chuck ponders Builder's description of the place they found the doctor, and tries to remember the buildings in the general vicinity of the hospital.  Close to the hospital, possibly a hotel...

He then goes over to Viona and asks, "We should plan our route before we leave.  Where exactly should we go to get into the complex?"

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline shallowesoul

• the past is never dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 01:17:05 PM »
after hearing Chuck, Hudson decides he should help with figuring out the route they would take. Hudson sits at the table and pulls out a map of the city, waving at Chuck and Viona to come here.

Actions
(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
a few moments after planning their route Hudson stands from the table and walks towards the front doors. "well i suppose its time for us to head out. we shouldn't be wasting anymore time then we already have. good luck to you that are staying here." Hudson then walks out the first set of doors and kicks open the second one throwing a grenade outside, yelling as loud as he can "COME AND GET SOME YOU UNDEAD BASTARDS!"

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:57:26 PM by shallowesoul »

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »
Viona leans over the map and points out a particular route. "To take these back roads would be more efficient. The highways are surely congested, so we have less of a chance of being held up by abandoned vehicles or hindered by wrecks".

Hudson's eyes widen as he fellows her finger. "That's my neighborhood".

Chuck nods and rolls up the map, handing it back to Hudson. The way was known. It was time to go.

Hudson kicks the second door open and roars. As he does every infected in the area turns see him. Several of them open their mouths agape to screech when something hits the ground near them. One of them begins screeching but the other looks at the object curiously before a small ball of fire erupts in it's place and a concussive blast along with a torrent of shrapnel explodes outwards from the large spark of fire.

The initial explosion-
(click to show/hide)

The aftermath-
(click to show/hide)

The explosion is gone as quickly as it appeared. Where it had landed on the lower right corner of the barrier Hudson had tossed it near it had spread out in all directions. The recently repaired barrier where it had landed was nearly gone. Just rubble remained. The nearby Infected in the blast radius were all lying on the ground, an arm here, a leg there. The concussive blast and shrapnel had ripped them to pieces. Several of the other barriers in the radius were damaged as well. The bus was smoking from the hood. One of the Infected in front of Hudson had taken some shrapnel to the back but didn't appear to be affected by it, perhaps the barrier behind him had taken the brunt of any damage. The former football player, pads, helmet, and all, screeched at Hudson. The Infected next to him, a young goth girl with too much make up screeched as well, blood dripping from her teeth.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:26:28 PM by thecajunone »

Offline maggieloo72

• Seek the truth and challenge the norm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
"Look out!" Seeing the nearby undead getting uncomfortably close to the entrance, Lily swiftly moves into Hudson's space and fires upon the front-most zombie,  the ironically goth-dressed girl. Hah, looking the part before she knew the play was coming. She pulls the trigger, a bit shocked at her own dark humor.

(click to show/hide)

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »
Lily steps up behind Hudson, the two now completely blocking the door way as she points her gun over his shoulder and fires. At this range the bullet nearly takes the entire shoulder off the small girl. She sways but stays on her feet, a bloody stump connected to the rest of her arm by bone and a couple muscle fibers. The goth runs forward along with the football player, both of them attacking Hudson as he is the only target they can reach.

The football player charges Hudson but the deft man uses his hand to direct the charging Infected into the wall next to the door. The Infected's helmet bounces off the outside wall of the police station and he stumbles backwards from the impact. As Hudson feels triumphant about escaping damage the gothic Infected launches herself into the air. She grabs Hudson's outstretched arm with her good limb, the other one still struggling to move and grip things, and sinks her mutated sharp teeth into Hudson's arm.

Hudson's eyes widen in horror. He'd finally been bitten. He roars in pain as the girl shakes her head viciously, teeth ripping his flesh for 5 points of damage! Hudson punches her in the face until she lets go but she only falls back for a second, the next she is already in his face looking for a second nibble. The rest of the Infected begin to approach the building, hearing the sounds of combat. From the underside of the building another Infected comes running around the corner.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 04:20:29 PM by thecajunone »

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »
"Are you nuts?!  Get the hell out of the way!"  Stunned by the sudden urgency, Chuck readies his axe.  Without a target within reach, however, he settles for waiting for a target to come close.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »
<Let's put the skinny, shooty people up front! What could go wrong!> With a significant look at Brock and Reagan, briefly wondering what life choices brought him to this point, Builder draws his monster bowie and gets ready for action.

Action:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 04:55:25 AM »
"I don't have a shot", Reagan yells! He maneuvers to get a better position.

"For fuck's sake"! Brock roars. He runs through the other door way, pushing the doors open with his broad shoulder and puts himself in path of the other Infected. "HEY FUCK FACE", he yells at the infected, trying to divert them from Hudson. "Try me instead huh"?

Viona calmly puts herself behind Chuck and near Builder. With both of them standing in front of her brandishing their weapons she feels protected.

The civilians in the back run for cover. Bernard and Kathy could both be seen peeking from behind corners to try and get a glimpse of the battle.

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »
Hudson' feels almost dazed for a few seconds after he was bitten. but breaks his trance to attack the same infected drawing his rifle and firing.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »
Lily nods a thank you to Brock and takes aim at the goth zombie again.  As her bullet heads toward the undead girl, Lily scopes out the rest of their hungry attackers. "Let's get over to that van, fast!" she says, pointing toward the police vehicle to the right of the station.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:22:50 AM by maggieloo72 »

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
Hudson draws his rifle and fires at close range, his skill in shooting in close combat keeping him from being attacked. At this range his rifle bullet punches into the helmet of the football player. The Infected falls back and onto the ground. With things moving so fast he wasn't sure if the monster was dead.

Lily's pistol obliterates the face of the gothic Infected. The girl's body falls back to roll a couple feet away.

The Infected screech and charge the party. One of them makes it to Brock. Brock grimaces as a claw rakes across his chest lightly for 3 points of damage! "Bitch", he says through gritted teeth.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:15:53 PM by thecajunone »

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »
Moving in next to Brock, Chuck puts the weight of his frustration into the swing of his axe.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
Readied Actions:
(click to show/hide)

As soon as he sees his opening, Builder jumps in heedless of the danger.

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
Without warning Chuck springs from his spot, leaving Viona momentarily stunned at his sudden movement. Swinging the axe fluidly, as if it weighed nothing, Chuck rips the blade through the gothic girl's neck. It's only after he completed the swing does he notice from the corner of his eye that he has completely sheared the head from the girl's body. Chuck spins to the side with the momentum of his swing bringing the axe up and slamming it down hard into the back of the neck of the football player. The Infected ceases it's twitching as it's head also goes rolling.

Builder hefts his own weapon, biding his time as the door way is blocked by all the fighters.

Brock waits for the party to move forward before he plans to retreat into the police station. He looks nearly disappointed Chuck took out the Infected in front of him.

Reagan screams for Brock to get inside and shut the doors.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:26:51 PM by thecajunone »

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2011, 01:13:26 AM »
Hudson takes a step forward to clear out the doorway. before he takes sight on an infected and fires his rifle he yells out in the midst of combat "cover me!"

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
Hudson moves forward in the narrow highway but stays within cover of the building to fire outside at another Infected, a former bus driver. The thickly built Infected takes the rifle shell full on in the chest and totters but somehow manages to stay on it's feet.

Builder barrels past Lily once Hudson moves out the way and approaches the Infected bus driver. He was a big fellow. Size wasn't gonna help him now though. Builder drives the huge, thick knife into the skull of the Infected, shattering it and ripping into the brain simultaneously. The serrated blades destroyed even more on the way out as Builder lifts a thick boot to shove the Infected away to topple to the ground like a sack of bricks.

(click to show/hide)

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »
Lily moves to Q-7, between Hudson and Builder, feeling a bit safer between the two sturdy men. She aims at the next-closest undead (5) and fires upon the bastard before he can get any closer. "Take them down and let's go!"

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
Lily moves the short distance and shoots through the gap between the two men at the adjacent Infected. The former starbucks barista, a small asian man already missing an arm, is hit in the thigh. Blood begins to gush everywhere as an artery was struck. Amazingly, he stood, or it would have been amazing if Lily wasn't used to the resilience of these monsters.

The remaining Infected close the gap. The barista weakly swings at Builder. Builder leans to one direction, letting the claw pass by a couple inches, unworried as he tracks it's movement.

The other Infected, an older man in a suit, swings at at Hudson vigorously, his mouth open in anticipation of a feast. The wicked claws rake across Hudson's shoulder for 6 points of damage!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »
Chuck weaves through the crowd and presses the advantage on the remaining infected; starting with the former barista.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)