Author Topic: Dead Earth: A New Beginning  (Read 66581 times)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Earth: A New Beginning
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:11 AM »
"Who says we're clear yet?" Builder says, without glancing back. <He's up. Good. We need to go back into town.> With that, Builder tries to slow the ambulance enough to turn west without flipping it.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2012, 03:59:12 AM »
Builder slows down and goes to turn. Initially it looks as if he won't have enough clearance but he spins the wheel with both hands, gritting his teeth as the ambulance nearly goes up on two wheels before he is heading west, circling above the police station at a reasonable pace of 25mph. He's not sure if he dares go faster on this smaller, crowded road.

Viona hisses in Builder's ear. "Turn off the siren if we go into the city, you'll attract everything that isn't already coming after us"! She scans the road from left to right and bites her thick lower lip in thought before speaking. "To get to the Hive we must either take the Umbrella Corporation's building entrance or the Fort Collins entrance, the choice is yours, I have access for both. Personally I would avoid Fort Collins. If there is any military left behind at this critical point they may have taken residence there, that said, they may swear allegiance to no flag either".

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
Builder glances back, "Still too close to the station. I'll turn it off when we get closer to capitol hill, and then turn south." He thinks for a minute before he asks the others. "Do we want to ditch the ambulance and huff it, or drive straight up to the front door? Of Parasol, I mean. I'm not going near Fort Collins."

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »
Cleaning his hands with an alcohol wipe, Chuck breathes a sigh of relief that Hudson is up and talking again.  Another crisis averted for now.  Now if he could only get the memories to fade enough to focus on their current objective.

Turning to Viona, he says, "Is a frontal entrance an option, or would we be driving into a death trap?"
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline shallowesoul

• the past is never dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
Hudson speaks with confidence in his voice "there's no way that any military are left at this point. they would have all been evacuated by now. Chuck an I most likely witnessed the last of them fly off after mowing down a group of civilians yesterday. if there are any left, they were abandoned. in which case they would have no problem letting us through if we happened upon them. but thats just what i think. although there could be a small group that was stationed there to protect the place, but by now they would have been overwhelmed by the infected, or abandoned their post since there isn't anyone there to protect."

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline maggieloo72

• Seek the truth and challenge the norm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2012, 12:21:50 AM »
"That is possible. Glad you're up and coherent again, Hudson." She smiles at him and Chuck. "But I think it might be better if we just head to Parasol and avoid Fort Collins altogether. We are looking for a cure, not more trouble... though, I'm sure we'll have our fill of that once we arrive." Lily transfers positions in the back and tries to look out the back window for more followers.  After Chuck's comment,  Lily looks to Viona and asks directly, "You wouldn't lead us to a massacre, now, would you?"
(click to show/hide)

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
Viona nods. "At the Parasol Corp we can go through the main entrance. There shouldn't be any problem".

At Lily she sniffs indignantly. "Well it wouldn't do me much good to have you all killed there now would it"? Lily can't get a good or bad feeling about her at the moment. Perhaps too much adrenaline pumping through her system.

"Whether you abandon the vehicle or not is your choice", Viona continues, "they are quite noisy, don't you th-", she cuts off, and cocks an ear, straining to listen over the siren. "I was sure I heard something".

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:01:19 PM by thecajunone »

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Lily's eyes go wide. "So did I," she says. "It sounds like we've attracted the biker gang's friends..." Immediately the small auburn-haired woman moves to look out the back window to spot the hooligans, her senses and brain spinning for answers already. "I don't suppose we can go much faster, can we? This is not what we need right now."

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Builder glances back at Viona. "Dijoo say som-um?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
(click to show/hide)

"I heard them too.  I was hoping the fight at the police station would be the end of it.  It feels more and more like Mad Max out here lately."

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
Dodging cars and debris at about 20 mph Builder is thankful he is on the outskirts of town, in this less congested residential area. It's now past mid day he is sure but the sky is dark and dreary as if it might rain. To the south the sky scrapers loom over the other commercial buildings like silent guardians...or perhaps now monuments. Suddenly the sounds of big engines and loud mufflers cut through the cacophony of the siren and Builder starts in genuine surprise as he looks out his left window.
(click to show/hide)

The Raider screams wildly at Builder while the fellow in the back calmly pulls out a pistol and fires it at Builder only feet away while on the move...

The window shatters in one spot where the bullet enters and Builder feels something against the side of his head. Horrified he pulls one hand off the wheel to touch his head. Blood. Wiping it away he realizes it was from a piece of glass, not the bullet, just a superficial cut. That's when he sees the exit damage above his head. He had narrowly escaped death.
(click to show/hide)

Builder growls as the motorcycle keeps pace with him, the man on the front laughing wildly as Builder struggles to keep the ambulance in check. The man on the back continues to stare coldly, as if patiently awaiting another try.

"What is it"? Hudson asks Lily and Chuck as he still shakes the cobwebs from his brain. Lily looks out the back to see two other motorcycles. One is driving by himself in black leather and has a sword in one hand while steering with the other. The other has two people on it. The man in front wearing a riot helmet while the one in back appears to be wearing spandex. Who were these people?
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:29:49 AM by thecajunone »

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »
Spandex? Not as intimidating as he thinks... and the the latter two had no visible weapons. Not the brightest idea when ambushing strangers. They needed to be rid of this inconvenience quickly. It would be ineffective to arrive at Parasol in bad company and injured.
"Fuck this," she mutters.
And so without hesitation, Lily steadies herself in the ambulance, takes aim at the sword-wielding biker and --since the driver's window's gone already-- fires through the back window at her moving target with the trusty desert eagle.

(click to show/hide)

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
Unhappy with the fact that these bikers could use the city as their private playground, Chuck says to Hudson: "It's time to wake up and put your new toy to use!  These motherfuckers need to learn a lesson."

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:20 AM »
The back window of the ambulance explodes outward as Lily's desert eagle echoes in the back of the ambulance. Immediately everyone's ears are ringing.

The biker raises his blade and surges forward on the bike, looking to slice a tire. Lily's bullet meets him first, entering through his forehead. The fifty caliber handgun creates an exit wound the size of a man's fist. The biker and his bike fall, careening down the street creating sparks until it skids to a stop atop it's fallen rider.

Hudson hears Chuck's voice but it's slightly muffled through the ringing in his ears. He should have gotten some ear plugs from the gun shop, damn he'd forgotten .50's were so loud.

Viona begins cursing very loudly in Russian, her sharp accent even more crisp in her native tongue. "Chto za huy! Blyadischa!"

Builder grits his teeth as the road ahead looks no clearer than the road behind even in this suburban area and besides the blaring of the siren, that infernal woman was practically screaming in his already ringing ears.

The remaining bike behind the ambulance serves directly behind it. The riders looking quite angry for their fallen comrade. The one on the back raises a pistol and tries to shoot through the glass at Lily but the bullet strikes the metal door instead.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
"That's enough attention, I think." Builder spits out as he flips off the siren. It was hard to remember, sometimes, that there were other humans alive out there... But this group of vultures wouldn't be for long.

"Hang on!" Builder call to the back, as he tries his best to push the biker into a stranded car.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »
with Hudson' ears ringing from the shot Lily fired he can barely make out what Chuck said. but what he could make out was "new toy" and he immediately begins smiling like a kid in a candy store, grabbing the 9MM SMG taking aim at the biker behind the ambulance and fires.

Actions
(click to show/hide)
Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »
With Hudson firing upon the biker behind the group, Lily begins looking around quickly for blunt or sharp items that she and Builder could use to throw... and the gurney could definitely come in handy.
(click to show/hide)
But, upon finding little, she takes another shot toward the rear biker. This time, though, she aims not so much for the rider. The bike is her target. Just in case the bastard doesn't go down after Hudson shot him...
(click to show/hide)

"Fuck!" she yells in frustration. She hoped their luck would change before things get any worse.

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »
Builder yells before swinging the ambulance to the side, causing everyone standing in the back to slam into the side as the ambulance moves to pincer the Raider between it and a car.

The Raider driving the bike gets a worried look on his face for only a second and then he's confident again as he expertly dips the bike out of the path. Builder frantically pulls the wheel back to avoid crashing and grits his teeth as the motorcycle reappears next to his window, the raider in front laughing like a psychotic, while the one on the back continues to remain silent and unperturbed. In fact his eyes never seemed to remove from Builder. Devoid of emotion on his face he lifts his pistol again and fires.

The bullet slams into the side door below the window with a metallic splat. Still he shows no emotion. Only a look that promises he will try again.

Lily searches the interior of the ambulance with a quick glance but finds nothing. Meanwhile Hudson is wearing an all too happy grin as he knocks the remaining glass shards aside with his barrel and takes aim to fire at the biker as the spandex wearing fellow on the back fires his own gun back at them.

Hudson hears the biker's bullet slam into the back of the ambulance door. Did the fool really think to hit them through the small window?

Hudson watches as the lead biker appears to take his bullet in the chest, near the shoulder. For a moment the bike's front wheel shakes and Hudson is sure they will lose control and crash but with some visible effort the biker shrugs the wound off and continues to drive. They slow down however, losing valuable ground.

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
surprised that the man is still alive Hudson takes a good look at him an just now realizes, what is he wearing? is that spandex!? Hudson murmurs to himself why the hell would you be wearing spandex, of all things, while riding a bike?

Actions
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
"This is bullshit!" Builder spits, as he flinches from the latest near-hit. "Someone hand me my shotgun."

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)