Author Topic: OOC Thread  (Read 90798 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2018, 09:16:20 AM »
It worked didn't it?  :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
Archon, I reviewed your character sheet and candy is a thing that I can see you justifying so I won't bother trying to make you justify it.

We're now at the complicated part of the adventure so I need the module to update.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
Alright, we have now hit a part of the adventure with a time abstraction.

You can only visit so many places to do whatever you want to do there.  Walking one place to get to another doesn't count against you, if you walk through the  village to get to the fire pit only counts as visiting the fire pit (but you can't do anything in the village).  Splitting up reduces the amount of places that each group can visit but the total is larger than what everyone can visit together.

You guys figure out what you're doing (you can do it in character, no time constraints on talking, this is an abstraction).  When it's sorted out I will make separate threads for the split.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2018, 05:54:42 AM »
Is there a list of places? Like is it "That there fourth unmarked brown building was actually the historian who knew everything, better luck next time."?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
Well, we've all got persuasion, though not investigation, so I don't think splitting up is necessarily a bad thing--though splitting into four separate ways is less of a certainty of getting what we need to know than duos.

But what are we specifically going to ask about? Obviously, it's a bit infeasible to evacuate in the face of a storm across a little ferry, there just isn't time.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
Is there a list of places? Like is it "That there fourth unmarked brown building was actually the historian who knew everything, better luck next time."?

Everything you had pointed out to you is a place. That's why I pointed them all out.  :p

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »
Oh, heh. I must have opened the thread and never read it so it wasn't marked new.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »
No worries, I have the bad habit of opening threads and then forgetting to respond to them.

If anyone has more questions just let me know.

If the girls explanations of areas made no sense feel free to ask for more information.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2018, 09:49:29 PM »
Alright, we have now hit a part of the adventure with a time abstraction.

You can only visit so many places to do whatever you want to do there.  Walking one place to get to another doesn't count against you, if you walk through the  village to get to the fire pit only counts as visiting the fire pit (but you can't do anything in the village).  Splitting up reduces the amount of places that each group can visit but the total is larger than what everyone can visit together.

You guys figure out what you're doing (you can do it in character, no time constraints on talking, this is an abstraction).  When it's sorted out I will make separate threads for the split.

I think this is too much of a blind choice for us to be able to decide properly. The more we split, the less places each subgroup can visit, but all the subgroups will be able to visit more places... So how many splits would we need so that the party as a whole manages to cover everything?

There seem to be 7 places to visit (landing, destroyed home with lunatic, basic homes, pit, barn, smokehouse, dark wood), we have 4 players. If we each go our way, could each of us cover a couple places (ok, 3 players cover 2, one covers the last one)?

In alternative we can give up in one place (the dark wood probably has monsters so may not be a very good idea to risk going solo there), so could we split the party in two groups and have each visit 3 places?

What if we stick together, how many places can we check? What about a 3 PC group and another going solo?

EDIT: Also my view in the priority of places to visit.
1-Fire Pit. It's where most of the local leadership is gathered.
2-Basic homes. The other elders should be here, plus directly rally the locals.
3-Destroyed house with the lunatic. Maybe we'll get some information.
4-Landing. Probably more information.
5-Dark Wood. If the villagers say to not go there it means there's something nice to find, but probably also monsters guarding it so seems like the high risk/high reward option. Going all together would be best, but would need to sacrifice somewhere else (see below). Would recommend at least 3 PCs to check it out.
6/7-Smokehouse/Barn. May get some provisions, but doubt we'll find anything particularly important.

EDIT EDIT: Although something else to take in account is that we may want to do the information gathering before going to talk with the elders. So the basic homes and fire Pit should be definitely visited, but in last place.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:16:19 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:19 PM »
Well, that seems like a pretty reasonable layout. We could put one lot of the party on social duty, and the other on misc investigating, and then meet up to go through the woods.

So like one side goes home/firepit/woods, and the other goes landing (maybe mention some stuff to the other side in passing)/lunatic/woods?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »
Information gathering seems like our best focus rather than wandering into a dark wood for a fight before finding out why they say not to go there.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2018, 09:04:53 PM »
Each group (even if it is a group of one) can visit three places before night falls.  One in the late morning (now), one at midday, and one in the afternoon.  If you do something super brief (such as ask someone a single question and then run away), I'll probably let that one not count.

Splitting up and coming back together (or starting together and splitting up) is acceptable but all "encounters" happen at the same time.

Any more DM questions?

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2018, 10:11:01 PM »
Nice!

So here's my suggested plan:

Morning-Information Gathering, we each go our way and check the landing, lunatic, goats, smokehouse. Enar would volunteer for the landing.

Midday-Talk with the leadership, we split in two groups, one for the fire pit and another for the normal houses. Enar would volunteer for the fire pit.

Afternoon-Group gets all back together and we go check out the woods.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
I'm on board with that plan.

Aval does NOT want to deal with another lunatic. I'm not sure if he should, or not. Baring that, the smokehouse sounds fun!

We can ask after the wood amongst the houses. I wouldn't, at the fire pit.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »
Anyone here got an affinity for goats?

... I swear, in one game I've been in IRL, goats came up every other session. It was strange.

Should I take the lunatic on the grounds that if he becomes a violent lunatic, I have a long pole?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »
So it's morning and it sounds like everyone is going there separate ways.  Who is going where, and where are you meeting when you're done?

Places that haven't been visited
Landing
Houses
Lunatic
Barn where the goats live
Fire Pit
Smokehouse
Woods

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »
Eh, Baron Von Teferi will just head towards the Fire Pit to talk to the leadership in the morning since it seems like something of his title would do. Smokehouse sounds amazing for lunch through, like in real. :)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2018, 10:44:38 AM »
Magirie will go say hi to the lunatic in the morning.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »
Once the other two players figure out where they want to go I'll set up some spoilered posts.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2018, 08:56:42 AM »
Eeerr, I already said Enar would go to the landings in the morning.