Author Topic: Artifacts (Favorites?)  (Read 429 times)

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Artifacts (Favorites?)
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »
  • What artifacts are your favorite/best and why? What are some of your least favorite/worst and why?
  • Any artifact related unusual or special combinations, tips, or tricks?
  • There isn't an artifact handbook anywhere is there? 

Thanks,
Necro

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Artifacts (Favorites?)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:27 PM »
  • What artifacts are your favorite/best and why? What are some of your least favorite/worst and why?
  • Any artifact related unusual or special combinations, tips, or tricks?
  • There isn't an artifact handbook anywhere is there? 

Thanks,
Necro

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Artifacts (Favorites?)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »
1. What artifacts are your favorite/best and why? What are some of your least favorite/worst and why?

2. Any artifact related unusual or special combinations, tips, or tricks?

3. Is there an online artifact handbook/thread anywhere is there?

Thanks,
Necro

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Artifacts (Favorites?)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »
1. What are your favorite artifacts and why?
2. What are your least favorite artifacts and why?
2. Are there any online guides or handbooks for artifacts? 

Thanks,
Necro

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
Point buy and a free feat, best build from level 1 onward?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 05:57:27 PM »
In a game of rolled stats, where you either roll well or get point buy plus a free feat I've got the latter. 

Do I just make a cleric 1/bard x with the lucky feat, or a warforged forge cleric?

Party comp is druid, monk, sorcerer, wizard and rogue/warlock. Plus whatever I play and I've got writers block. What is interesting? I've just played a barbarian from 1 to 15.

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
Point buy and a free feat, best build from level 1 onward?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:58:08 PM »
In a game of rolled stats, where you either roll well or get point buy plus a free feat I've got the latter. 

Do I just make a cleric 1/bard x with the lucky feat, or a warforged forge cleric?

Party comp is druid, monk, sorcerer, wizard and rogue/warlock. Plus whatever I play and I've got writers block. What is interesting? I've just played a barbarian from 1 to 15.

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
Point buy and a free feat.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 05:58:58 PM »

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
Point buy and a free feat.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 03:03:54 AM »

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
Point Buy and a free feat, what's something fun to play?
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 05:17:00 AM »
I've been a barbarian for 15 levels, and whilst jumping 70 foot in the air and throwing a greathammer around is a laugh, we're starting a new campaign soon. We had the option of rolling for stats OR taking point buy + a feat. With the latter, what would be a fun way to complement a party of Abj Wizard, Druid, Monk, Sorcerer and Rogue/Warlock multiclass?

I had some thoughts of playing a Warforged Cleric, or a Life Cleric 1/Lore Bard X for faux paladin, flying steed at 7, aura of vitality  type. An extra feat here just gives lucky or something.

It's also tempting to break out the rogue/fighter/gloomstalker, the extra feat in this build grabs stuff like sharpshooter very early.

I've just got a case of writer's block when it comes to a real interesting character build currently.

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
Point Buy and a free feat, what's something fun to play?
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 07:08:05 AM »
I've been a barbarian for 15 levels, and whilst jumping 70 foot in the air and throwing a greathammer around is a laugh, we're starting a new campaign soon. We had the option of rolling for stats OR taking point buy + a feat. With the latter, what would be a fun way to complement a party of Abj Wizard, Druid, Monk, Sorcerer and Rogue/Warlock multiclass?

I had some thoughts of playing a Warforged Cleric, or a Life Cleric 1/Lore Bard X for faux paladin, flying steed at 7, aura of vitality  type. An extra feat here just gives lucky or something.

It's also tempting to break out the rogue/fighter/gloomstalker, the extra feat in this build grabs stuff like sharpshooter very early.

I've just got a case of writer's block when it comes to a real interesting character build currently.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
test
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »
test

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
test
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 09:18:02 AM »
test

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
test
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 09:18:39 AM »
test

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
Point buy plus a free feat, interesting character builds?
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
I've just played a barbarian to level 15, and whilst angry flight is fun, I was wondering if there are any more interesting builds out there I haven't thought of.

The party is Monk, Wizard, Sorcerer, Druid and Rogue/Warlock multi. We've either rolled stats or taken point buy with a free feat. I think I'm the only one that opted for the latter.

I've considered cleric 1/lore bard X, get aura of vitality and find greater steed with magical secrets. for smite-free pretend paladin.
I've considered straight warforged cleric necromancer.
I've considered an elven accuracy gloomstalker/fighter type archer.

Are there any fun takes on the above or anything else anyone recommends? I'm not really excited by most of 5e's options or lack thereof.