Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 51568 times)

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
OOC discussion
« on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:48 AM »
Post anything OOC here

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
Have we picked a ship yet? :lmao

ROLLIN' STUFF

Rolled 1d5+8 : 4 + 8, total 12

Rolled 1d10 : 1, total 1
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:39:50 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:26:21 AM »
Sheet is posted. I expect constructive criticism and solicitations of corrections. Remember this is my very first character sheet in this system. I'll post his background soon.
Why does my character have a Mono-sword if he doesn't know how to use it? Is it because it's Mono and therefore without the Primitive Special? If so, instead of a Mono-sword, can I have a Mono Gloxwhip?

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »
You add double your toughness bonus tostarting wounds (so I think that'd leave your total at 10).

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »
You add double your toughness bonus tostarting wounds (so I think that'd leave your total at 10).

Fixed! Thank you very much. Anything else?
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
Don't think so; or nothing I can see quickly. :lmao

... I am beginning to wonder if my character has ended up in the wrong line of work. >_>;

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:15:52 PM »
Pfffft. You'll do /fine/. Probably.

I also noticed I have the best Tech Use out of anyone here. Da boyz gunna be busy.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:38:35 PM by Wrex »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 09:40:55 PM »
... I can only question how an Ork has ended up on a ship where the captain is highly religious. You could have mentioned you were changing to a damn Ork. >.<

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
... I can only question how an Ork has ended up on a ship where the captain is highly religious. You could have mentioned you were changing to a damn Ork. >.<

I did! I can only assume someone else hired me, or someone saw the value of a disposable wall of meat. Or I could play another character. I just saw we were really lacking in the muscle and tech use department.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 09:53:52 PM »
Tech use, yes, but an Ork being in charge of all tech on the ship cannot end well. >.<

... also find Orks to be incredibly obnoxious to deal with as characters, even if I like them as a whole. Sorry. >.<

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »
Tech use, yes, but an Ork being in charge of all tech on the ship cannot end well. >.<

... also find Orks to be incredibly obnoxious to deal with as characters, even if I like them as a whole. Sorry. >.<

Well, not /all/ tech. Just the shooty kind.

And that's alright. It's a bit hard to trust a random strangers you don't really know with a potentially disruptive character archtype. You do have my word, for what it's worth, that i'm not one of those people. You know the type. They play Kender.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »

Well, not /all/ tech. Just the shooty kind.

And that's alright. It's a bit hard to trust a random strangers you don't really know with a potentially disruptive character archtype. You do have my word, for what it's worth, that i'm not one of those people. You know the type. They play Kender.

I don't think anyone else has tech use, though. And it'd be nice if the ship worked for humans...

I will be honest: I've seen more Orks than Kender. They were trouble.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 04:42:21 AM »
Isn't my character's role to advise the captain? Maybe he saw something valuable in the ork and advised the captain to hire him. That could be like "He's your responsibility, Kallias. You better be right about this."

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »
First of all, sorry for being semi-MIA the past few days. It's been snowing like hell around here, so I'm pretty much stuck with a: dig car out>drive to work through snow>drive home through snow>dig the parking spot out daily routine, so I'm sorry to say, but I won't be able to get this game started until the weather gives me some pause (which by the forecast means Monday or Tuesday)  >:(

A couple of things on character sheets:

@everyone: could you guys please include a separate section for advancements that you purchased? Also, I thought about it and I'll rule mono-weapons work with Melee Weapon Training (Universal). It seems to be the intent of the rules (which are a bit unclear on the issue) since almost every starting class gets a mono-weapon option as starting gear but none gets Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) as a starting talent.

@ Scout89: you ahve too many Psychic powers I think. Page 2 of errata clarifies that the 2 Psychic Technique advancements on the Astropath table are the starting ones (not in addition to them). So unless I'm missing something, You should ahve 5 powers (2 starting+Thought Sending, 2 purchased from Transubstantial Initiate).

@Wrex: If you decide to keep the Ork, make sure to check the errata for base characteristic updates (including +5 int from Mekboy)

Some seemingly needed clarification: by default a ship comes with crew rating 30. Crew rating X means there's at least 1 guy on board with every skill at X. So you do have some guys with 30 Tech-use.

Also, regarding the Ork: I don't mean to interfere much into what each of you guys want to play and how they fit with the rest, so just my 2 cents on the matter: from my experience I feel being disruptive is mainly a player characteristic, so I trust that if Wrex wants to bring an Ork, he's doing it in good faith, and not to wreck the game.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »
@ Scout89: you ahve too many Psychic powers I think. Page 2 of errata clarifies that the 2 Psychic Technique advancements on the Astropath table are the starting ones (not in addition to them). So unless I'm missing something, You should ahve 5 powers (2 starting+Thought Sending, 2 purchased from Transubstantial Initiate).

Oh, sorry about that. I'll correct it. But that leads to a question. Does that mean the two free techniques can only be 100xp worth?

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 03:48:15 PM »

Oh, sorry about that. I'll correct it. But that leads to a question. Does that mean the two free techniques can only be 100xp worth?

Nope. Errata also states the cost should be 200 not 100.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 04:11:35 PM »
... do I keep the Ork in line by dint of wearing power armour? @_@

Will put bio into sane order soon. Also finish naming. And probably flesh out that backstory.

Also, since I've been looking at it: Order of the Hammer. Can I put the fluff requirements for that into the past (since Child of the Creed is in my Origin) or do I need to find a lot of free time to hang around one world at some point? :lmao

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »

Nope. Errata also states the cost should be 200 not 100.
But what if I want to take a 100xp technique instead of one worth 200xp? It's because Delude is both pre-requisite for the other ones I want and worth 100xp.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
From the core rulebook:

Psychic Technique
Talent Groups: See Psychic Techniques
Either through training or natural development, the Explorer
has learned an additional Psychic Technique. Once this Talent
has been selected, the Explorer may select one new Psychic
Technique in any Discipline he possesses with an xp cost
equal to or lower than the Talent’s xp cost. Note that when a
Psychic Technique is selected, the Explorer does not have to
spend more xp–he spent the required xp when he purchased
the Talent. This Talent may be chosen multiple times, each
selection granting an additional Technique.

So it's up to the Talent's XP cost. In your case it doesn't matter since it's free, but if you wanted to get an 100 XP technique with a 200 XP talent, it would still cost 200 XP.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »
Awesome! That way I will only loose Sensory Deprivation. It's ok, I only bought it because I could not buy a better one. I'll update the sheet later.