Author Topic: OOC discussion  (Read 51589 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: OOC discussion
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2014, 04:18:55 PM »
Fine by me; seems useless to have an ork without the ability to actually make ork stuff.

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:18 PM »
If our only goal is to provide support or to hold the line while they extract civillians and the Artifact, then All the Dakka in the World is probably the best course of action. If we're actually expected to repel the Ork Invasion, we'd need some serious back up, and the more mobile artillery pieces seem a better option.

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »
it's to give him the skill, and regarding the acquisitions, more cannons trump the more powerful ONE, mod kits, stubbers and cannons should be our acquisitions and get started with the campaign:p, sry i don't like wasting time on npc's.
There is no sanity just different degree of madnes

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »
These NPC's are important. They're our army, ffs. So, they're basically communal equipment. :p

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2014, 07:31:16 PM »
The big thing is, no matter how powerful we may be, we lack the ability to take and hold ground on our own.

What soldiers did the....Deacon offer to us, again? We almost assuredly want them.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2014, 02:54:21 PM »
The big thing is, no matter how powerful we may be, we lack the ability to take and hold ground on our own.

What soldiers did the....Deacon offer to us, again? We almost assuredly want them.

This is a pretty good point. In the end, holding Damaris or not would have a lot more to do with the numbers and quality of the defending troops rather than your individual ability to slay Orks (though that will come into play at some point too, don't worry  :P )

As for the deacon's troops he didn't give you any details, just asked if you can take some aboard, although as most of you know (it's pretty common knowledge in the Imperium so the Ork might or might not know it, the rest do for sure) the Ecclesiarchy employs mainly 2 categories of troops: the Frateris Militia (pretty much mobs of fanatics, making up through sheer zeal what they lack in gear and discipline) and Sisters of Battle.

@Wrex: congrats, now you have Trade (Armorer) as untrained basic skill  :D Tentative rules for using it (since I don't know of actual rules for making stuff printed anywhere): the Difficulty is equal to the acquisition modifier (if bought from Orks in case of Ork gear). So for example building a common item would be a +20 test, building a Rare item would be a -10 test. If stuff has no listed modifier (like the Kustom Jobs in ITS, it's a +0 test). Proper tools would grant +10, a proper workplace (ork equivalent of a Manufactorum) would grant another +10 Does that sound all right? In regards to raw materials, as long as you don't try to make huge amounts of stuff and/or are in a really deserted or no-tech place, you should be good by scavenging what you find around you. Any suggestions welcome.

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
That sounds like a reasonable thing to be. How often can I use it? Since there's no penalty for failing, i'd like to know how many times I can try in case of failure. In these next set
of rolls, I am assuming I will not be allowed to retry until the next approrpiate juncture. As an untrained basic skill, only a roll of 10 succeeds at all junctures, assuming a +0 Modifer. I have no idea if I have the tools, but if so, I succeed at 10 higher.

Rolled 1d100 : 56, total 56

Rolled 1d100 : 64, total 64

Rolled 1d100 : 56, total 56

Rolled 1d100 : 42, total 42

Screwed up the formatting, although I failed every single one anyways :p. I was trying to make what I was rolling for appear next to it. It was, in order: Eckstra kaboom for the pistol, Zappy Gubbins for my sword, a big choppa, and a regular shoota. No, I have not touched the rolls, I rolled my failure fair and square  :lmao
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:40:44 PM by Wrex »

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2014, 03:59:09 AM »
Yup, no retries until the juncture sounds about right (so for example in this case you get 1 set of tries en route to Damaris, one when you get there if you can spare the downtime and so on). Also, you do have the tools (I'd assume any ship would have tools aboard for repairs and such which you can use).

For the time it takes to build stuff, I'm thinking the following:
Using table 5-2 pag. 11 from RT core and Table 9-35 pag. 272 core:

You check the availability of the item that you want to build (or use a base of Scarce if none provided)
Then, instead of size of population you use the ber of items you want to build, in the steps from table 9-35. So let's say you want to build 20 common items. You'd check the 4th line (for common availability) and 2 falls under Platoon (10-30) so 3rd step in table 9-35, so you'd check the 3rd column, for a build time of 1d5 days.

Does that seem reasonable to you?

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
Anyways, we there yet?

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »
As soon as you guys give me a final list of acquisitions we're good to go.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
Come on, guys. We're on this for more than half a month.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »
And back. sorry for the delay, it was  a bit hectic on my side, including a new job, preparing to move out to a new appartment, und so weiter.

Concerning my own acquisition, I suggest either :
- defense tools : barbed wires, fycelene or promethium, mines, sand bags... or even  Synford pattern mobile bunkers.
- to buy a whole cargo of semi-industrial products. After all, Damaris should have some industrial bases; we can perhaps booster their defenses by bringing in direly needed commodities and raw materials to boolster their war effort :  munitorium grade ammo, military plasteel, adamantium sheets, forge world approved components for tanks/weapon repairs...

If you prefer a more offensive acquisition, let's see if we can get grenade launchers or mortars for our troops. Though, I'd suggest we try to give some focus on how to get ride of the Orks from above, and directly in space : the less we allow greenskins to land on our target, the easier it will be to clean the bloddy mess :p
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2014, 06:12:14 AM »
why yes..mr. archdeacon I'dd like to requisition a ton of cocaine from you.

we could also get some autoguns and manstoppers, but we should indeed decide finaly on it
There is no sanity just different degree of madnes

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2014, 09:45:30 AM »
And back. sorry for the delay, it was  a bit hectic on my side, including a new job, preparing to move out to a new appartment, und so weiter.

Concerning my own acquisition, I suggest either :
- defense tools : barbed wires, fycelene or promethium, mines, sand bags... or even  Synford pattern mobile bunkers.
- to buy a whole cargo of semi-industrial products. After all, Damaris should have some industrial bases; we can perhaps booster their defenses by bringing in direly needed commodities and raw materials to boolster their war effort :  munitorium grade ammo, military plasteel, adamantium sheets, forge world approved components for tanks/weapon repairs...

If you prefer a more offensive acquisition, let's see if we can get grenade launchers or mortars for our troops. Though, I'd suggest we try to give some focus on how to get ride of the Orks from above, and directly in space : the less we allow greenskins to land on our target, the easier it will be to clean the bloddy mess :p

Isn't our ship all we need for that? :p

I have no opinions on the matter. If giving Damaris materials could lead to better returns in the long run (see: our pathetic PF) then I'm all for it.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »
If you decided to load a cargo of general war material for Damaris, I'll represent it by allowing the 100 achievement points granted by your cargo hold to count toward this endeavor, even though it has no Trade objective. 

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
yeah, let's do this then. After all, earning money is part of our job, and this will ensure us to earn more  much needed Profit factor.  Let's move onward ;)
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »
So, I take it you go with:

-Power Armor Plasma Gun for Xerael
-1000 Echelon-Pattern Assault Stubbers
-1000 Poor Craftsmanship Locke-Pattern Missile Launchers
-1000 Battle Cannons
- as much generic War materials that your cargohold can fit
Correct?
Also, you'll be taking the deacon's troops on board?
Unless somebody has anything to add, I'll move the story forward tonight/tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:38:58 AM by LordBlades »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
Sounds about right.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
So, with two fate point spent, it seems like :
- I managed at least to get the Auguries right.
- I did find the Astronomican ;
- But at least, I do think I manage to get us trhough. For how long, and how much of course if we should deviate, I do not know yet.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline RivlisDrake

• Lurker
  • Infinity Circuit or Matrix of Leadership?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
I've been going nuts trying to find a running forum game of Rogue Trader since my local group is disinterested and stumbled upon yours just today. I see that's you've already begun it, but is there room for a Seneschal or Void-master to slip into the game?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:01:07 PM by RivlisDrake »
My character flaw?
Always trying to work dervish into my characters