Author Topic: [PF]Low level builds  (Read 5986 times)

Offline fulong

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
[PF]Low level builds
« on: January 15, 2020, 05:20:38 PM »
What are some real optimized builds from level 1-10?

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Re: [PF]Low level builds
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 02:10:49 AM »
Cleric 1
Cleric 2
Cleric 3
Cleric 4
Cleric 5
Cleric 6
Cleric 7
Cleric 8
Cleric 9
Cleric 10

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »
any particular class or focus? there's quite a few options.
poisoner?
diseaser?
god wizard?
ritual focus?
summoner?
power ranger?
dimensional pouncing?
skill monkey?
wyrwood cheese?
any of the other thousand or so ideas?

-

here's someone's builds that i found a little bit ago. they aren't SUPER optimized, but many are well done

also, here's a decent youtube channel

here's a group of people who have rated all the class archetypes and why they rated them.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 01:54:32 AM »
There's a handbook with a compilation of low level builds (1st-10th level)
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=2813.msg33109#top

I think there's an arena thread from long ago about optimized 1st level characters, but I can't find it.

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 02:12:07 AM »
On a serious note, one build that's great early on but falls off quick is buying mundane animals and controlling them with pure handle animal.

Offline fulong

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:12 PM »
any particular class or focus? there's quite a few options.
poisoner?
diseaser?
god wizard?
ritual focus?
summoner?
power ranger?
dimensional pouncing?
skill monkey?
wyrwood cheese?
any of the other thousand or so ideas?

-

here's someone's builds that i found a little bit ago. they aren't SUPER optimized, but many are well done

also, here's a decent youtube channel

here's a group of people who have rated all the class archetypes and why they rated them.

Elaborate on poisoner, diseaser, ritual focus, power ranger, and dimensional pouncing please?

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 05:45:47 PM »
poisoner = a character that focuses on poisons
        it can be very cost heavy, and requires one of a couple tricks to bypass poison immunity.
        you can get the save DCs surprisingly high, startling even the most experienced GM
        i have a PFS character named Krombopulos Michael that does all this, and is lots of fun.
                he will soon have a chelish deathapple (DC 33) and can be combined with concentrated laxatives in a single attack, both have no onset period. or drop the DC down and get an insane number of doses out of one apple.

diseaser = a character that focuses on diseases, and inflicting them on baddies.
        worshiping Urgathoa makes you only a carrier of any healed diseases
        force someone to make a couple dozen saves against your diseases as you hug them.
        then force them to immediately save vs. any/all diseases they have regardless of the normal onset or take the disease effects
        diseases are surprisingly easy to get and make custom, using plague powder

ritual focus = a character that focuses on occult rituals and making them easier, faster, and cannot fail the checks required.
        making an entire party become liches for only 120k? easy
        want a 13 member coven? got you there

power ranger = a synthesist summoner, that can be overrated by some, and OP by others.

dimensional pouncing = focusing on the Dimensional Agility tree
        here is a pretty simple video on a build to do so (not my video)
        personally, i'd go magus over multiclass wizard, but i never even thought about the teleportation subschool
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Rolling a boulder up a hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »
The most obvious one is the Color Spray Oracle. If you add in the Draconic Malice spell and take Threnodic Spell metamagic it works on everything except constructs. Just cheese a sky-high charisma and you're golden. Since you only need 6 spellcasting levels to be able to cast that you can even fit in a level of mindchemist for charisma and start prestiging into Mystery Cultist for Glorious Aura to give you a +4 sacred bonus to charisma and start investing into that tome of charisma, and even start as old age to trade -3 to all physical stats for +2 to all mental stats (like charisma). You should be able to get over 38 charisma with those stunts. You'd cast like a level 8 oracle but have massive DCs and make everything take ridiculous Color Spray effects. Just make sure to add magical lineage and wayang spellhunter traits for -2 metamagic reduction to your color spray and probably consider carrying lesser metamagic rods of quicken spell and maybe take a nice Persistent Spell and Widen Spell as some more metamagic feats. In order to deal with constructs you would need some alternative though, but you can double as a necromancer for kicks and go wild that way, but your GM might not allow you to retain the good alignment needed for Mystery Cultist if you do.

If you're just looking to obliterate everything asap, Alchemist has you covered with the Fast Bomb discovery plus Improved Two-Weapon Fighting and Rapid Shot. He can throw 5 bombs (6 with haste) as ranged touch attacks and do a total of 25d6+5x(Int Modifier) damage, not counting any discoveries. Enemies do get a reflex save though, but you can use Ability Focus feat to raise the DC by 2.

Other than that a strong necromancer (Cleric or Spell Sage Wizard) can do many ridiculous things. If you do Samsaran Mystic Past Life Druid you can also make a Druid into a solid necromancer, especially if you use one of those archetypes that lets you select Death as your Druid domain.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 10:05:32 PM by Power »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »
Master Summoner can get pretty powerful

Pact Wizard is great (Haunted Heroes Handbook version)
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 05:48:23 AM »
The most obvious one is the Color Spray Oracle. If you add in the Draconic Malice spell and take Threnodic Spell metamagic it works on everything except constructs. Just cheese a sky-high charisma and you're golden. Since you only need 6 spellcasting levels to be able to cast that you can even fit in a level of mindchemist for charisma and start prestiging into Mystery Cultist for Glorious Aura to give you a +4 sacred bonus to charisma and start investing into that tome of charisma, and even start as old age to trade -3 to all physical stats for +2 to all mental stats (like charisma). You should be able to get over 38 charisma with those stunts. You'd cast like a level 8 oracle but have massive DCs and make everything take ridiculous Color Spray effects. Just make sure to add magical lineage and wayang spellhunter traits for -2 metamagic reduction to your color spray and probably consider carrying lesser metamagic rods of quicken spell and maybe take a nice Persistent Spell and Widen Spell as some more metamagic feats. In order to deal with constructs you would need some alternative though, but you can double as a necromancer for kicks and go wild that way, but your GM might not allow you to retain the good alignment needed for Mystery Cultist if you do.
I don't see you listing anything that makes an Oracle work for the build.  Wouldn't an Impossible bloodline Sorcerer be able to access all of the above and also muck with Constructs?  Am I missing something?

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »
Heavens Mystery, one of the original mysteries makes Color Spray and its kin even better.

Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier (if positive).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:04:35 PM by Nanashi »

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 03:26:15 PM »
Color spray Oracle is Heavens mystery with Awesome Display revelation. And the Impossible bloodline only gains the ability to use compulsions on constructs. Wait, it also lets you affect constructs as living creatures. That means Draconic Malice would work with constructs using the Impossible bloodline. In that case a 1 level dip (Cross-blooded Impossible/Undead) would be good for covering the weakness.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 08:11:07 PM »
using the metamagic trait tricks, adding Coaxing, Verdant, and Threnodic Spell to your Color Spray lets it work on oozes, plants, undead, and vermin too.

as long as you have the annoying prereq feats, Paragon Surge can help you get them in the right situation.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:13:27 PM by zook1shoe »
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 05:02:06 AM »
Heavens Mystery, one of the original mysteries makes Color Spray and its kin even better.

Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier (if positive).
Thanks.

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
using the metamagic trait tricks, adding Coaxing, Verdant, and Threnodic Spell to your Color Spray lets it work on oozes, plants, undead, and vermin too.
Cast Quickened Draconic Malice and everything living will be vulnerable to mind-affecting spells anyway.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »
Draconic Malice is 10ft radius and Color Spray is 15ft cone, but otherwise better option
- All Spells
- playground