Author Topic: Monk ACF/PrC in a Web Enhancement - Dark Moon Monk, maybe?  (Read 2005 times)

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
Monk ACF/PrC in a Web Enhancement - Dark Moon Monk, maybe?
« on: December 21, 2018, 12:00:45 PM »
I'm recalling there being a very interesting monk PrC or ACF from (I think) some Forgotten Realms sourcebook's web enhancement.  After a bit of googling, I want to say it is the Dark Moon Monk, but that seems to primarily be in Champions of Ruin, but there is no web enhancement with monk specials in it, just a short module.

I recall that the monk ACF/PrC that I'm remembering was displayed in the Web Enhancement via a Drow house that lived off by itself (or at least, that's what I'm remembering).

But, I cannot for the life of me find this ACF/PrC, and am having trouble tracking this obscure class down.

Anybody have an idea of where to look?

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Monk ACF/PrC in a Web Enhancement - Dark Moon Monk, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »
Dark Moon Disciple is in the Web Enhancement for Champions of Valor.

It's known for it's Shadow Mastiff like ability.
Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a 7th-level Dark Moon Disciple can disappear into the shadows, gaining total concealment. Artificial light does not negate this ability, though a daylight spell does.
This benefit replaces the wholeness of body class feature that the standard monk gains at 7th level.
Through publications like the Matrix Monk. And while I could never honestly claim I'm the only one that seen it, I am the one that pushed back on the Monk's usefulness by lining up ACFs after seeing someone do it with the Barbarian.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:38:15 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline ksbsnowowl

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Warrior Skald, teller of tales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 02:43:25 PM »
Yeah, I suppose that's half of what I'm remembering.  Thank you.  I must have been conflating that and something else for my "Drow House" memory to be attached to it.  I wonder what the heck I was remembering that had that...  I think maybe the City of Wyrmshadows from the 3rd part of the Dragons of Faerûn WE.

Either way, thanks.  I had actually skimmed through every Forgotten Realms WE I had... but apparently did a terrible job of it.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:24:20 PM »
Your codpiece is a mimic.