Author Topic: Bu'gay Wahnderland (Campaign Setting) [Silly]  (Read 1840 times)

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Bu'gay Wahnderland (Campaign Setting) [Silly]
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:50 AM »
It is three-forty in the morning.  Let me say that before I launch any further into the idea that has been had.

A universe with no element of water.  There are only Earth, Wind, and Fire.  (You should see where this is going already.)

The material plane--Bu'gay Wahnderland--is a strange place.  Dancing is necessary for life in the same way that water is necessary in our world.  There is an elemental plane of dance.  Bards with ranks in Perform (Dance) are considered to be gifted individuals, blessed with a natural connection to one of the most vital resources.

Secretly, the world is also ruled by an enigmatic entity.  He works primarily through various intermediary agents, so his rulership is not immediately apparent.  He is, in fact, a Purple Lich--a lich who, rather than drawing his powers from arcane magic or psionics, uses the power of funk.  His name is Rasputin.  He spends much of his time on the Elemental Plane of Dance, in the Dance Elemental city of Moskau, though he has been known to visit the other elemental planes--most frequently, the efreet city of Disco Inferno, a trading-city fashioned from brass that lies on the Elemental Plane of Fire.

In this campaign setting, if you want to be staying alive, then you should be dancing.

Now, as ridiculous as that was, I will now make it even more ridiculous: I actually really want to flesh out and run this campaign setting.  Any ideas?
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline konnerthefirst

• Love what you do
    • View Profile
Re: Bu'gay Wahnderland (Campaign Setting) [Silly]
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:08:46 AM »
This would be an intresting campaign, but what happen if you have to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0PWnLmlHZM&feature=related (skip to 3:15) walk without rhythm

This would actually make for be pretty fun to play in especially with the silly aspect the angry half orc minatour breaks into dance fear his wrath