Author Topic: Gaiden Chapter I-Taking Charge  (Read 23341 times)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
Re: Gaiden Chapter I-Taking Charge
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »
As the mob surrounded him, Maurice dodged the blows as best he could- however, sheer numbers managed to get the better of him. This did not lessen his resolve as he had but one response as he lashed out with Caliburn.

"Come on, step it up!"

Caliburn, blade dug into one of the mob, had its own response.

"There is nothing that the Knight of The Wind cannot best!"

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 11:25:13 PM »
Regideus receives a pair of solid hits from the raider, but stones appear to spring from the ground and interpose themselves as his divine shield wards off the damage. A rocky projection leaps from his body in response, shoving powerfully at the raider while the god focuses his attention on the immobilized mob in front of him. Striking and ripping, he hopes to finish them off. 

Tanek is less fortunate. A hail of missiles rains down on him and he takes several direct hits. Badly wounded, he scrambles from Regideus's back and attempts to take cover behind the earthen deity.

Tank meanwhile, swings at the raider in front of him, attempting to push him back, then sinks smoothly into the earth.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »
The bandit struggles like a possessed madman, but Myriam still suceeds on holding him down and tear away his weapon, shody armor, his pouch belt and then his clothes until there's nothing left to remove.

Maurice's blade takes an heavy toll on the bandits surrounding him, but it seems that just as one body falls a fresh enemy steps on the empty space left to take a swing at the knight.  Not even when a sonic-speed slash decapitates three bandits at once do they seem to falter!

Regideus meanwhile swings its massive fists from opposite directions at the weakened bandit group right in front of him, managing to trap most of them. The pokemon god feels the packed-up flesh be squeezed until it bursts and the bones underneath break in a series of cracks until he only feels a soft mush between his hands. The few survivors that had managed to duck in time away from the blow are left cowering in the floor!

"Press on you worthless scum! Don't think you'll have any better luck than them if you try to run now! Get the tentacle beast first, it seems squishier than that rock giant! And where are my hostages?"

Bagra leads his own group closer to Regideus, unleashing a new volley of javelins and darts, this time aimed at Myriam! They almost hit Alan as well, lurking just besides her whispering advice.
As if following his command, one of the lone raiders enters the ruins with the hostages and pushes his worn-out sword to the neck of a tied up child that seemed to be praying before, but now is just glaring in terror.

Yah all heard da boss! Leave us alone or the little runt gets it!

Meanwhile Tank misses his second swing at the Raider, but manages to slip off below the earth just before he breaks out of his daze. Looking around, he moves around the trees, pulling an handaxe from his belt and throws it at Tanek that is hiding behind Regideus. But he manages to take cover under his master's body, the weapon ricocheting harmlessy out of the divine shield.

The insane bandits keep dueling with their own companions closest to them, aparently oblivious to the rest of the battle.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »
(click to show/hide)

For the moment ignoring the arrows that were impacting on her grotesque personage, Myriam turned her attention to the bandit in her grasp. Such an unfortunate soul, to be the first of her new friends, this day; he would undoubtedly be riddled with arrows, if he managed to get out...

What followed was not something that anyone was likely to pay too much attention to.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:28 PM »
Having delivered his message to Myriam and Regideus, Alan moved forward to hopefully get to the mook by the hostages in time to save them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 07:09:01 AM »
The battle rages fierce  allaround Myriam as she transforms the bandit on her grasp into one of her kind, and he quickly stops struggling. His enraged face relaxes and turns into a relaxed expression, some drool sliping from his mouth as he looks up at nothing in particular.

Fine, that's how you want it, that's how I'll do it! Kill one of the sheep!-orders Bagra while advancing with his mob towards Myriam, and the bandit watching over the hostages cuts down one of the tied up women, while the others scream in terror.

Regideus moves to intercept, but Bagra uses his underlings as cover and splits off, quickly closing in with Myriam!

(click to show/hide)

I don't know what you're doing to my man there, but I don't like it! Cut if off!
-he threatens at Myriam as he swings his axe at her. Despite rusted and cracked, the weapon cuts  deep into her flesh. Bagra's martial prowess is clearly on a superior level to his minions. goes straight trough her body whitout inflicting any visible damage. Bagra's eyes widen in disbelief.

Alan slips unnoticed between the confrontations all around him to close in to the ruins holding the hostages.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:16:48 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
The horrific mass of tentacles glared at the man, shuffling around him a bit before lashing out to try and smash every bone in his body. She might not have been hurt by his attack, but that didn't mean it hadn't annoyed the monstrosity.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
Alan grit his teeth as one of the hostages went down.  Luckily he had moved into ranged for GLIF to be effective against both Bagra and the raider threatening the hostages.  Now he had to make a decision on which one to fire FLIB at.  If he took out Bagra's ability to communicate, how would the raiders react?  Even if it was badly, he couldn't let Bagra bark out more orders.

He turned around and shot Bagra with FLIB, hoping it'd be enough.  After the shot he reallocated energy to 3/3 for the Projector and 1/3 for the scanner and then moved to Y-14 (Z-14?) to hopefully be able to get a charging bull rush off on the V-16 guy.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 05:18:27 AM »
Myriam's tentacles rake at Bagra, and altough his flesh proves tougher than that of regular humans, she's still dealing plenty of visible damage, covering his body in dark bruises while the sounds of bones cracking under the impact is heard, while her new "friend", still a bit drooly, proves a distraction from the other side. The bandit leader still manages to dodge out of the way of two tentacles, one of them by amazing reflexes.

Then Bagra's body muscles riple and the veins of his neck bulge as he lets out an animalistic roar followed by a series of grunts mixed with thrown spit at Myriam. It almost seems like he was trying to say something, but forgot how to speak. Still a dark fire now seems to burns in his eyes. Is he really human? The bandit converted by Myriam starts shaking, and Bagra suddenly turns and chops off his head in one fluid move, then spins around and delivers two more axe blows at the mass of tentacles, hacking deep in her flesh. It's unnatural how he can still put up so much fight in his current condition.

A bit up more north, Alan remains undetected, watching how the raiders around seem to be confused at the sudden loss of speech from their commander. Most of them still are locked in combat with someone else, but the one watching the hostages seems at a loss of what to do.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2013, 06:18:54 PM »
Bagra endures some more blows from Myriam, clearly still only holding up thanks to his rage. Until Myriam finally connects a direct hit to his skull, that cracks it open-but no blood spills from inside. Rather, a dark purple cloud comes out and Bagra's body quickly dissolves into dust that dissipates into mid-air. The only things left over are his axe, and six crimson crystals that fall on the grass below.

The effect on the remaining bandits is instantaneous-once they notice their leder's demise, they rout and start running for the woods. Myriam could be able to pursue and catch some whitout trouble if she pursued now, but she won't be able to get all of them due to them spreading out too much. At least, the hostages seem to no longer be on any danger.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Having successfully defeated the bandit boss, Myriam went off after the fleeing bandits. If she could just grab one or two, then she could make a few more friends... a few people like her. Or children. That sounded good, too; making... MORE.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
Running into the woods, Myriam quickly catches up with a pair of the fleeing bandits. As they try to escape, she easily catches them both and proceeds to do her work. A few moments of desesperate screaming later at the hands of her tentacles, and the transformation is complete in one of them. Altough he remains unchanged on the outside, Myriam knows they now share the same "nature". As for the other bandit, she knows her children are now growing inside of him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »
Myriam made sure that both of the bandits were in no state to be rushing anywhere, before returning to her apparently human form--and immediately setting to carrying them back home with her. Seeing as everyone else had apparently fallen against the bandit group or... something, she felt certain that she'd need some more friends. Maybe try and sneak up on the castle guards and turn them.

She'd probably have to pay attention to the state of things this time... and try and learn how combat worked. Oh well, that seemed fun enough!

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:28 PM »
Now that she thinks about it, Myriam's not very sure about what happenned to her companions. They seem to just have become... Lost in the woods. Still, she finds her way out, and after a long and boring walk under the rain dragging two uncoscious bodies each bigger than her current form, she finally spots Etruria Castle in the distance.  There's no guards on the ground, but she can spot some over the castle walls, illuminated by torches. They don't seem to have noticed Myriam yet.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2013, 06:02:58 AM »
Myriam peered up, trying to see if it was the same guards as when she left. She'd remembered something about being attacked and enemies and... really, it would be quite bad if these weren't the same people at all.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
Looking carefully, Myriam notices that the soldiers in the walls aren't wearing Etruria's typical blue clothes.

They're wearing Bern's scarlet uniform. The castle seems to have fallen while she was away!

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
Not the same guards? That meant her treasure was in danger! It was in a remote cellar, so not the first place anyone would look for such things... but still, she had to get back to it before it was all taken! She couldn't simply break in, though; she was injured from the earlier fight. Maybe there was a servants' entrance or secret escape nearby? She'd had enough time to look around the castle when bringing in her things... or maybe she could at least find one.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Myriam remembers a secret passage hidden in a nearby woods, meant as an escape route in the case of siege. The heavy rain helps her conceal her movements besides the need to drag two unscious bandits behind her as she moves towards it...

After some minutes of walking across an uderground, dark, wet and cold corridor, Myriam emerges into a small stone room, on the other side of which there's a set of stairs. On the walls are hanged Etruria's flags, suggesting the enemy still hasn't found this place. There's a couple beds and some chests on the floor containing various basic supplies, including preserved rations, money, basic clothes, simple weapons and armor.

Myriam remembers the stairs on the room should lead to the prince's personal chambers. It was supposed to be his escape route after all...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2013, 07:49:04 PM »
Myriam's keen ears hear the sounds of furniture being pushed and broken far up the stairs, then a faint conversation from the same direction:

"Damn, nobody's been here for quite a while now! Guess those rumors about the coward prince from Etruria having escaped before we got here were true..."-says an heavy male voice.

"Figures, and seems like he took all of his country's remaining valuables with him. No wonder general Vallace surrendered so fast when we springed our suprise attack!"
-replies another

Well, that poor old man just had some ragtag recruits to protect this castle against our elite assault troops and wyvern knight Kante leading us, he knew he had no chance. Smart of him to prevent any more needless bloodshed. Etruria is as good as finished, now it's mopping work.

Still, what good are first pick rights if there's no decent treasure in this castle? Keep searching!

And the sound of furniture being broken and pushed around resumes.