Author Topic: Chapter Unknown-Before The Wild  (Read 7134 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Chapter Unknown-Before The Wild
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:59:30 AM »
Guided by fate, seeking fortune, random chance or some other reason you ended up together in the hall of the Hylian mercenary recruitment office. There's a huge hole in the ground with a downward slope leading downward, even three mounted riders could go in side by side. Hylian soldiers in immaculate armor stand in attention near the walls while their captain eyes you with curious eyes before speaking in a strong voice:

"Listen well you rookies. This is a test dungeon to make sure you've got what it takes for this mission. Get inside, grab the treasure, get out, don't die. The monsters and hazards inside are the real thing. We have magic sensors set up all over the place and healers ready to move in should one of you get too hurt, but that will penalize your score. If you want to back out and go back to mommy's house to train, now's the time. We can't just let anyone go near the ruins anymore, tired of picking up the pieces of hero wannabes."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Unknown-Before The Wild
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:41:22 AM »
"My good man, I assure you we are more than capable of dispatching the dangers which lay down below. Why, if my compatriots here are half as capable as they look, I dare say we shall have this trial whipped posthaste!"

The voice appears to issue forth from a small, yellow rat with a crooked tail. It doesn't seem to be a creature native to these lands, but it speaks with erudite elocution uncommon to creatures of such small, beast-like form. As confused stares are thrown his way, the creature sighs deeply before clearing its throat.

"*ehem*... Er... Pika. Pika-chu."

Strange as it may seem, the creature does look strangely adorable - a trait it no doubt both abuses to its fullest extent and curses for its degrading nature.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 07:32:04 PM »
Ty looks at the pokemon in mild shock before saying, "By Jove, there is no need for you to pretend to be anything else than the fine gentleman you already are good sir.", in a mild tone.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
A rustling of leaves and a slight squeak announced the presence of a rather peculiar deku dyed a variety of matte grey shades, a striking difference in vibrancy compared to what one usually sees in the Deku kind. It puffed out it's chest and gave a salute. "Squeaks, Hero of the Forest, ready it is"!

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 08:10:19 PM »
The Heavily Armoured Knight walks up, holding the reins of his horse, armour and shield covered in the logo of the Hylian knights. "Well, I think we will have things rightly in hand, given the fine pedigree of warriors around me".

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:36:45 AM »
The ice..blob..monster..thing quivers slightly.  "I am Freezaja.  I was once a guardian of a dungeon, it will be good to test myself against another."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 04:12:57 PM »
The yellow rat cocks its head to the side as it looks up at the  well-equipped, seemingly-human warrior who addressed him.

"Well, then. I shall be certain not to betray my true nature! It has been difficult to prove myself as more than a mere animal in these realms, you see. Even back home, my family is set apart from the rest of our kind, possessed of... oh, my apologies! I am rambling like a fool when there is work to be done! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, gentlemen... and... gentle-oozes? In any case, I am Lord Blitz von Raidenwald the Third, son of King Alrik von Raidenwald, first in line to the throne and crown prince of the Pikachus. You may just call me 'Blitz,' however."

Blitz swiftly climbs up to Ty's shoulder, then extends his paw so as to shake hands.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »
"I say." Ty says as the strange creature leaps onto his shoulder bu he reaches up and shakes his hand, eer paw. "Quite quite, it is good to meet you Lord Blitz von Raidenwald old chap. My name is simply Sir Ty Norelda, I am a Hylian Knight and part of the Courage Vanguard."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:17:59 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 06:06:53 AM »
"It is good to see another Hylian Knight in this place. I thought I would be alone. Sir Corran, of the March-wood County, and Knight of the Cataphractoi. I am delighted to meet the both of you, and I feel it will be a pleasure to fight alongside you, as well as our more unconventional comrades."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »
Freezaja watches this display of solidarity from the solids, focusing multiple eyes on each one around it.  It's body appears to be made of some sort of ice but it retains the obviously ooze-like origins of Freezaja.  It then gives a slightly delayed response.

"One can never betray one's nature without betraying one's self," Freeajaza says in response to the yellow furred creature.  "I am neither gentle nor an ooze.  I am Freezaja."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
"That's all your presentations over, rookies? Because we don't have all day to do this and I don't want to be late for dinner, it's prime meat curry tonight."

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 01:14:14 AM »
"Well met good sirs" Ty replies before they get called down into the caverns. Ty takes some care to avoid jerking his shoulder around so the fine gentlemen on his shoulder doesn't fall.

On the way down he drawns his longsword which casts an eerie pale blue light for those who are not scouting ahead of the main group.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 01:50:36 AM »
The Deku takes point and rushes in headlong into the cave. Upon the rest of the party catching up, it has long since vanished from sight.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:52:09 AM by ketaro »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:17 PM »
Freezaja thinks about hiding but realizes that doing so would make it too slow.  It then thinks about glowing for the rest of the party but decides that it has no interest in competing with Ty.

In the end it just oozes along with the rest of the group.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
Sir Corran mounts his horse, and rides it down the path (given that you said there was space). His Grey Ioun stone provides him with a light-source, and he makes no particular attempt to hide or otherwise leave the group.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 11:27:38 PM »
Blitz disappears in Ty's equipment, virtually undetectable while the gentleman-warrior's sword lights the way. Unfortunately, doing so renders the rodent's senses practically useless to detecting threats. One might even assume he is generally oblivious to such dangers anyway, given his upbringing, but such matters remain to be seen.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 01:51:58 AM »
Ty falls into step beside Freezaja whom doesn't appear to have his own light source or trying to scout ahead and briefly wonders if he somehow inadvertently just became one of those "pokemon trainer" things he half heard about after Blitz stores him self in his stuff. Trainers must be some kind of royal guardian, like Knighthood or something, and Blitz's ability to hide in things must be some kind of strategic advantage using the element of surprise.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 02:27:54 AM »
Sneaks, scouting ahead while concealed by the tunnel's shadows, spots a dozen bokoblins trying to set up a crude ambush from behind the rocks all around the cavern. Tall orange humanoids with oversized heads, pig snouts, large ears, and a single short horn at the top of their head, wearing tattered leather armor. Three with bows and arrows, three with small clubs and shields, three with large spiked clubs, three with strange two-handed spears, all weapons crafted from bone and wood. Behind all of them there's a blue-skinned bokoblin that seems slightly larger and more muscled than the others, wearing a rusty chain shirt and iron helmet along a dented steel sword that's clearly seen better days but still seems dangerous enough. They look half-starved and their eyes are filled with small beady eyes are clearly filled with anger. The rest of the party may've been able to spot their ambush too, but would've been spotted in return, so Sneaks reconoissance gives you the opportunity to better position yourselves and act first.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:20:41 AM by oslecamo »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 09:36:20 AM »
After sneaks comes back and warns them of whats ahead Ty sheaths his sword letting the faint light of torches in the room ahead light their way. He pulls his shield and a small curved stick out to replace it as they creep up. As they get closed he braces him self to throw it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »
Blitz waits until he can see the whites of his enemies' eyes... or whatever other color he can make out at a reasonable distance. When the group of foes becomes visible, he lets loose an arc of electrical power, striking through the air to shock one of the bokoblins. After the attack, the pikachu scrambles to hide behind Ty again, though he's not entirely sure the attempt is successful to any degree. Still, he readies himself to leap out and attack the foes head-on.

(click to show/hide)