Author Topic: Chapter Unknown-Before The Wild  (Read 7135 times)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Unknown-Before The Wild
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 01:11:49 AM »
In no doubt a foolish bout of bravery, Squeaks opened up it's surprise attack on the biggest, baddest looking bokoblin in the room.

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 06:01:38 AM »
Corran Moves up Front and Centre of the party (Hopefully not getting in anyone's way), draws his weapons, readying his shield, and giving silent challenge to any who would attack him.

He's still on his horse, to be clear.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
Freezaja oozes along behind everyone else, deciding that it is easier to support from the back for now than it is to try to rush forward.  It has never been good at rushing.

When close enough, Freezaja forms a giant icicle out of its body and launches at the lead bokoblin.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 07:04:40 AM »
Blit’z thundershock badly hurts one hobkoblin, leaving it barely able to breathe, but still moving.

Then the blue hobkoblin is struck almost simultaneously by Squeak’s shots and Freezaga’s ice lance! The    mini-boss monster is left half-covered in ice but otherwise only appears lightly bruised and ready for more punishment as it cries to warn its brethern and they’re suddenly attacking you!

The archer hobkoblins launch arrows from behind their cover. They’re not fast at doing so, but their crude arrows turn to pack quite a punch, leaving those of you hit reeling a bit from the hits!

The club and sword hobkoblins are advancing just as the arrows were launched, the one after Freezaga stopped in its tracks by Ty’s boomerang. The other two try to hack at Ty and Corran, but their crude blows are easily stopped by the trained warriors in armor.

The spear hobkoblins however quickly join their brethern, two managing to find chinks in Corran and Freezaga’s defenses.

Behind them follow the large spiked club hobkoblins, almost dragging their heavy weapons accross the ground before they start lifting them awkwardly to create momentum, each aiming at one of Ty, Corrana and Freezaga.  You feel like it won’t be a very good idea to wait for them to finish gathering momentum and swing those weapons, although the spear and club hobkoblins are close by restricting your movements.

The Blue Hobkoblin limps forward as fast as it can while slowed by Freezaga’s ice, clearly eager to join the fray.

Lord Blitz and Squeaks seem to have succeeded in not drawing the hobkoblins attention.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 02:16:43 AM »
Corran was hit in melee by one spearman, correct?

The Chink the spear-man found was deliberate; Corran uses the opportunity to strike past the spear-man's guard, as a attack of opportunity.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »
Ty's much smaller shield does little to soak up the jarring hits from the monster's enormous weapons but he recovers quickly and dives to the side, rolling around his opponent's and coming up in a lightning fast spin that causes the glowing blade of his weapon to trace an extended spiral through the air. Deadly as it is beautiful.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 03:39:49 AM »
Remaining safely tucked away in the shadows, Squeaks unloads another barrage of bolts and seeds at the largest of the hobkoblins.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 02:57:36 PM »
As Ty whirls around, Blitz uses the momentum to build up static, lashing out at the last foe missed by Ty's blade as the shock feeds back on itself.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:34:06 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »
Freezaja is very displeased by this.  It oozes away from the threat, then lashes out with two tentacles at the one that had damaged it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:38 AM »
Eight hobkoblins fall under your onslaught, including the big blue one with a bolt from Sneaks in each eye and a deku seed in his throat. As soon as the fall to the ground their bodies explode into purple smoke, leaving behind only their horns, some teeth and small piles of guts.

The remaining hobkoblins do not falter however and if anything seem to continue fighting with even greater fervor. Well at least the two club wielding ones in the frontline do, while the archers mostly cower behind their rocks and only one of their arrows manages to lightly wound Freezaga.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 11:38:58 AM »
A strange portal appears behind Ty and time strangely dilates out. A female voice from the other side of the portal calls out "Ty...". Seconds pass and again she calls out "Ty...". Patience runs out as again she calls out "Ty..." But before she can call again Ty says "Can't you see I'm busy Zelnavfi?" Which only prompts her to speak again LoruleisonfiretheCalamityBeastYugadorfhasawakenedRavioneedsyourhelpPleasestepintotheportalwe'restendinganotherwarriorinyourplaceWouldyouliketohearthismessageagain? Sighing, he steps into the dimensional gap vanishing as a heavily armored knight wielding a massive axe appears. As the portal closes time's rate collapses into it's normal stream and the hobkoblin's clubs bashes into the knight's armor. Unflinchingly the silent warrior simply hefts his axe over his head and brings it down on the head of the nearest one.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »
Blitz tumbles off of Ty's shoulder as he withdraws from the cavern. Rolling to his feet, he says, "I daresay, how rude! Well then, it's best we finish this, then."

The electric rat zips into the air, launching himself over one of the nearby hobkoblins. His fur stands on end, then suddenly Blitz lets off a pulse of thunderous energy aimed at the creature.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:05:49 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »
Freezaja ignores the portals and swapping out of allies, such behavior is normal for dungeon bosses.

Instead, Freezaja retaliates against the one who would dare shoot it with an arrow.  Let's see how the foe likes being impaled on an ice lance!

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 02:10:44 AM »
Safely in the shadows where none could see, Squeaks bravely continued peppering the hobkoblins between the blows of it's allies.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 10:25:31 PM »
The last standing hobkoblins explode in purple smoke one after another to the party's barrage of attacks until finally there's none left standing, just small piles of sharp teeth, bony horns and still twitching guts plus some of their remaining equipment seems simple enough for you to use use even if they looks like they won't last a lot more.

(click to show/hide)

As the purple smoke in the room dissipates, the blue runes around the gate glow brighter and it unseals.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
The deku makes what is likely a high pitched mix between a screech and a squeak as victory falls upon it's party. Sauntering out of the shadows in full bravado, it kicks at some of the leftover piles of guts. "Hero is victorious! Follow leader hero forward!"

Turning, Squeaks  marches forward towards the newly opened door.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »
The next room is quite unlike the previous one. Instead of rough stone where you came from, the walls here are perfectly cut out of some kind of blue marble, so smooth and plain they would be impossible to climb even to your average trained expert.

The ceiling extends high. Much higher than you would think possible considering how deep you should be. And it's glowling with a dim white light along strange runed structures.

At the center of the room there's a massive tower of the same smooth blue marble as the walls, roughly 500 feet tall. Not touching the ceiling, but high enough that you can't properly spot what's on top from your position.

You stand on a square platform connecting to the door, and the rest of the room is filled with a watery pit roughly 20 feet deep.

Then you hear a faint humming noise and a 10 feet square of stone detaches from the floor of your platform and starts slowly floating towards the top of the tower, more strange runes glowing on its sides. You could easily hop on it now and catch a ride.