Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 214551 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Pre-Campaign Discussion
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
Oslecamo, a question has popped up in my head concerning magical items, and I imagine there are as many answers for this as there are GM's.

What is your ruling concerning the 'requirement' for an item to have a minimum of a +1 enchantment bonus before it can begin receiving named special abilities? (DMG 3.5, pg 217 Right Column, Bottom of Page)

I know DM's who adhere to that rule like Gorilla Glue, I know some who waive it cause it forces PC's to almost needlessly spend money, and I know one that says whenever you buy a special ability on a weapon, it automatically gains the appropriate 'Plus' associated with the ability.

Before I buy weapons and armor that may carry an enchantment or special ability, I'd like to know where you stand on this. Thank you again.
I usually use the RAW rule on that, but what the heck, magic weapons are already expensive enough as they are, so I'll let you use that last version where you can put the abilities directly and then get the appropriate "Plus" associated with the ability. It'll also apply to the NPCs of course. :P

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 08:02:02 PM »
You should specify whether that works for armor too (in Magipunk it does), and whether the enhancement bonus still caps at 5 (in Magipunk it caps at 10).
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »
YAY I GET A RETURNING WEAPON!!!

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
So, for my gear then, I'm thinking gauntlet (A) being eager and defending, gauntlet (B) being warning and spellstrike, Con +2, and Vestment of Styles. With 500 rupies GP remaining for basic adventuring gear.

A) How will currency work in-game (money-changers and the like)?
B) How so you handle handing out the monies in-game? (for the last year, I've been playing in a campaign wherein the DM is a monty-haul who uses the occasional MDJ to reset.)

I'll be doing a little work on the Kirby thread each day. May take me until next week sometime to get up everything I want to. Then cleanup. You'll know I'm almost done when you start hearing from Mister Kurt Kirbyton (read: me).

Edit: Thanks Sneaky, for the PM. I did do the math wrong. I did it in my head (2*2*1000), which is the armor math, the weapon is (x*x*2000). My only excuse is the fact that I'm usually extremely tired when posting, and that I would've realized that it was wrong when I actually got anywhere close to doing my char sheet.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:41:29 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
I usually use the RAW rule on that, but what the heck, magic weapons are already expensive enough as they are, so I'll let you use that last version where you can put the abilities directly and then get the appropriate "Plus" associated with the ability. It'll also apply to the NPCs of course. :P

After an extensive Google search, I learned that you were not invoking some World Wrestling Federation ruling, but instead were citing as Rules As Written.

Also, thank you for the quick response. Building continues.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
After an extensive Google search, I learned that you were not invoking some World Wrestling Federation ruling, but instead were citing as Rules As Written.

Did not realize that you were that far out of the loop with these things. To help speed you up then, here is a link that should help you with the vast majority.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »
You should specify whether that works for armor too (in Magipunk it does), and whether the enhancement bonus still caps at 5 (in Magipunk it caps at 10).
Works for armor, caps at 10.

So, for my gear then, I'm thinking gauntlet (A) being eager and defending, gauntlet (B) being warning and spellstrike, Con +2, and Vestment of Styles. With 500 rupies GP remaining for basic adventuring gear.

A) How will currency work in-game (money-changers and the like)?
B) How so you handle handing out the monies in-game? (for the last year, I've been playing in a campaign wherein the DM is a monty-haul who uses the occasional MDJ to reset.)

A) Gold coins, rupees, jewels, silver pieces, other shinies, any decent merchant takes it all.Hmm, may as well make a conversion now:
1green rupee= 1 silver piece.
5 green rupees=1 blue rupee.
20 green rupees=1 red rupee.
100 green rupees=1 silver rupee-
200 green rupees=1 gold rupee

B)Depending in your preferences you may loot the warm corpses of your enemies (protip: enemies that run away don't usually drop treasure), look for hidden chests, make contracts with dudes with valuables, mug/steal (and consequent evading of authorities), smuggling of exotic goods to the right groups, possibly others depending in your imagination/greed. You can also expect others to try to inflict that into you, and the ocasional treasure-eating monster may be atracted to you if you're carrying too much bling.

Did not realize that you were that far out of the loop with these things. To help speed you up then, here is a link that should help you with the vast majority.
That will confuse him more than help him. Some of the concepts there never really holded any candle to anything, like the iterative probabilities death spiral that was recently dismantled in this very forums.

Let's just not be lazy and call things by their name ok?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:16:52 PM by oslecamo »

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 12:36:25 PM »
That will confuse him more than help him. Some of the concepts there never really holded any candle to anything, like the iterative probabilities death spiral that was recently dismantled in this very forums.

Let's just not be lazy and call things by their name ok?

?????? :???
What are you talking about? The thread I linked to doesn't contain any concepts about anything.
It is just a list of the acronyms that are frequently used.

Don't get me wrong, I can attempt to refrain from using them in this thread, and if I forget I'll just edit it if reminded. I'm just curious as to what you are referring to.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »
All I'm saying is that when an acronym only appears in half a dozen threads in this whole forums, and half those times it's to explain how it doesn't make sense, then it's not really a frequently used acronym is it?

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
All I'm saying is that when an acronym only appears in half a dozen threads in this whole forums, and half those times it's to explain how it doesn't make sense, then it's not really a frequently used acronym is it?

Just so I understand.
A) You were referring to the IP-Proofing acronym when you said " iterative probabilities death spiral".
B) You are worried that:
(click to show/hide)

To clarify my stance (and emphasize that I am not arguing about the above, I was just asking for clarification), I will refrain from using acronyms here. If I forget, Private Message me that I need to edit my post to remove the acronym.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
lol thank you all. I'm a bit out of the loop, but in my neck of the Ye Olde Gamers Retirement Home, we use all our letters. :)

I'll try to keep up, so please... don't hamstring yourselves on my account. I should catch up, not ask you guys to hold back. If a term confuses me, I can either:

A) Ask for clarification
B) Invent my own meaning for the acronym and make everything awesome

Thanks for the link :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 01:17:25 PM »
lol thank you all. I'm a bit out of the loop, but in my neck of the Ye Olde Gamers Retirement Home, we use all our letters. :)

I'll try to keep up, so please... don't hamstring yourselves on my account. I should catch up, not ask you guys to hold back. If a term confuses me, I can either:

A) Ask for clarification
B) Invent my own meaning for the acronym and make everything awesome

Thanks for the link :)

It isn't really just for you. In all reality, it is about being lazy with the language first and foremost (to me). The reason I use acronyms in the first place is because others want me to so they don't have to read as much. But that is neither here nor there.

And YRQW (You're Really Quite Welcome).  :D
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
IAGTTIAAN "I Am Going To Type In All Acronyms Now"

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »

:nonono
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 01:49:55 PM »
IAGTTIAAN

You type your mother's email address with those hands?! Sheesh! Really, there may be FBI Agents Children present.
Link to my homebrews

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »

IA IA CTHULHU FHTAGN!

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »

IA IA CTHULHU FHTAGN!

Nanshork, you're getting kudos literally just for this.
Link to my homebrews

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
One more acronym and you'll force me to use my local mod powers to stop the madness. :)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 02:50:51 PM »
IA IA CTHULHU FHTAGN!

Nanshork, you're getting kudos literally just for this.

Ditto. Ditto HARD.

EDIT: hmmm.... If cthulhu dreams, and I'm from dreamland.... I'm changing my character name.  :devil (not really)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:07:11 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome